Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

420-magazine-mobile1833452354.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1824397513.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1693288165.jpg

What could this be ? Nute burn?

tent - 2×3×6 home made cabinet
lights - 300W Viparspectra reflector (5W chips), 8 23W CFL's 6500 veg and 2700 flower
soil - sunshine mix 4 with perilite (25% added)
fans - 2 6" fans with square exhaust with 90° bends, passive intake (3"×16" light baffeled), 12" and 6" fans inside moving air
strain - 2 White Widow fem autos, 3 Dark Angel fem
nutrients - General Organics Go Box temp- 20°C lights out, 26°C lights on. Was getting hotter but fixed issue.
humidity 30-80 (usually not above 50, but has spiked a few nights)
technique- lst and topping (mainlined a Dark Angel)
transplant- start in solo cup , 2 gallon

Just wontering if these lovely ladies of ours slow down on drinking when in bloom or if it's just mine because of high temps(30°C even 32°C a couple times) or some other reason? Maybe humidity, or nutruient issues?

PH Down for soil? You might want to do micro mixtures to figure out the ranges, then scale it up when you find the composition you like.

I would move the led light closer to the plants imo...12inches while in flower
Thanks for checking it out and for your input. The reason it is so high is because of its footprint. It says it is good for 3ft × 3ft at 3ft above the canopy, and optimal for 2ft × 2ft at 2ft above. My space is 22" by 33" so I have it at 22" above and use it on the left side of the cabinet with 4 - 23W 2700K CFL's (this LED doesnt have enough red) and that covers 4 plants. The other plant is on the right side with 3 - 23W 2700K CFL's and 1 - 23W 6500K CFL. It gets some light from the LED but only on just under hf of her.

Also would you put your LED that close (if foot print doesn't matter) even with 5W chips?

I need to find the most efficient way to use the following grow-spaces:

80x80x160cm - Homebox Evolution tent (400 watt full spcetrum)
120x120x200 - Mars Hydro tent (800 watt full spectrum)
180x100x190 - Homemade grow-room (1600 watt full spectrum)

So should I use one for vegg and two for bloom or should I use all 3 for both vegg and bloom? The last option requires me to skip the mother-plant system and base it all on cloning.

If I use one for vegg and two for bloom, I can harvest every 2 months. If I use all 3 for vegg and bloom I can harvest almost monthly. Sometimes big harvests, other times smaller.

what's most efficient? I would love to hear your thoughts on this?

I need to find the most efficient way to use the following grow-spaces:

80x80x160cm - Homebox Evolution tent (400 watt full spcetrum)
120x120x200 - Mars Hydro tent (800 watt full spectrum)
180x100x190 - Homemade grow-room (1600 watt full spectrum)

So should I use one for vegg and two for bloom or should I use all 3 for both vegg and bloom? The last option requires me to skip the mother-plant system and base it all on cloning.

If I use one for vegg and two for bloom, I can harvest every 2 months. If I use all 3 for vegg and bloom I can harvest almost monthly. Sometimes big harvests, other times smaller.

what's most efficient? I would love to hear your thoughts on this?

hello deville!

i use a similar set up to yours.

i run a 1x1m tent with a 340w cfl for veg.

1.2x1.2m tent with a 600w hps for flower.

1.2x2.4m tent with 2x 600w hps for flower.

i veg 5 up for 4 weeks first in the 1x1m tent then move them to the 1.2x1.2m.

then veg 8 up in the 1x1m tent then 4 weeks later move them to the 1.2x2.4m.

that then gives you a clear 4 weeks in between for harvesting ect which makes it that little easier.

Thanks for your input!

Thinking that I either need to make seeds of some strains or continue to keep mother-plants. I can't keep alive 7 strains without.

i tend to just buy my seeds in as i think in my oppinion they become a stronger plant.

iv got 7 clones growing at the moment, do they grow as fast? heard they dont stretch as much?

never grown clones before thats all.

I feel they're acting like their mothers in every way possible - from potency to speed

i tend to just buy my seeds in as i think in my oppinion they become a stronger plant.

iv got 7 clones growing at the moment, do they grow as fast? heard they dont stretch as much?

I think that seed vigor is a real thing. I found that the only difference with clones is that they don't tend to grow as big, or yield quite as much as those from seed. The benefit is that clones are much more predictable. Easier to plan for.

Thanks for checking it out and for your input. The reason it is so high is because of its footprint. It says it is good for 3ft × 3ft at 3ft above the canopy, and optimal for 2ft × 2ft at 2ft above. My space is 22" by 33" so I have it at 22" above and use it on the left side of the cabinet with 4 - 23W 2700K CFL's (this LED doesnt have enough red) and that covers 4 plants. The other plant is on the right side with 3 - 23W 2700K CFL's and 1 - 23W 6500K CFL. It gets some light from the LED but only on just under hf of her.

Also would you put your LED that close (if foot print doesn't matter) even with 5W chips?
My lights are at 14" and 15" from canopy in the flower tent, and have been roughly at same distance throughout flower, being raised when the canopy came to about 12" from light. Everyones situation is different, so go by what the ladies tell you. They know if the light is too close. :high-five:

I think that seed vigor is a real thing. I found that the only difference with clones is that they don't tend to grow as big, or yield quite as much as those from seed. The benefit is that clones are much more predictable. Easier to plan for.
I'm only on grow three, but I have found that the clones I purchased grew much larger colas, and gave larger yields than anything I popped from seeds. Could very well be my limited experience in growing.

i got my clones and put them in wilma systems, im hoping i can get them scrogged in a 4x8 tent with only a 8" canopy.

growing green crack and apparently its sativa dominant so they should stretch through the screens as i weave them?

Back
Top Bottom