Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

What's your medium? What are you using for nutrients? And how much?

im using fox farm ocean forest, and the fox farm trio lineup. the plant has only gotten half the recommended nute serving, but the last couple weeks ive upped it to about 3/4 recommended serving hoping it was just lacking. the only other thing i can think of is nute lockout but i wanted to get a different opinion before i flushed her.

Does anyone lift there light higher when they flip to 12/12 to help stretch?

Im just wondering as im planning on only vegging for 4 weeks from first set of leaves, no training, 8 under 3 600w HPS lights, 15L fabric air pots, coco/perlite mix, 3 feeds daily, all in a 4x8 tent.

One thing to consider is i need minimum 5oz from each plant, @Cultivator could you maby throw a few suggestions my way as im trying your techniques from growing.

Thanks and i hope the :420: community is happy and healthy!

Yeah iv noticed that with all my grows but noticed recently seeing a lot of people running hps light at nearly 4ft above plants when they flip them, just didnt know wether or not the lower branches would catch up.

Any thoughts about reducing my light schedule for the last couple of weeks in flower for an auto?

Yes I know they don’t require a reduced light schedule, but I’m wondering if it may help with trichomes production.

My girls are pretty much past the stretch and are just building bud. They had 18/6 for their veg and active growth after bloom started, but now that they are just making blossoms, I’m wondering about ways to increase trichomes production in the past weeks.

I’ve snipped tips on one to have her back build, and will do the same to others when they are ready.

Can’t lower temps, I’m stuck with what I’ve got ping, which is 73F to 84F.

I may experiment with stem splitting as well.

Any thoughts?

I found leaving my autos till then end 18/6 was the most beneficial for them, tried 12/12 and 14/10 and it greatly reduced yield.

Start feeding them some un-sulphured molasses or some other sugar enhancer, works a treat.

As for stem splitting, if it were me i would just leave them to get on with it, autos do what they want when they want so i wouldnt disrupt its life.

Any thoughts about reducing my light schedule for the last couple of weeks in flower for an auto?

Yes I know they don’t require a reduced light schedule, but I’m wondering if it may help with trichomes production.

My girls are pretty much past the stretch and are just building bud. They had 18/6 for their veg and active growth after bloom started, but now that they are just making blossoms, I’m wondering about ways to increase trichomes production in the past weeks.

I’ve snipped tips on one to have her back build, and will do the same to others when they are ready.

Can’t lower temps, I’m stuck with what I’ve got ping, which is 73F to 84F.

I may experiment with stem splitting as well.

Any thoughts?
You can when about to harvest run a bit colder water though your medium not too cold but colder then normal see if it helps?

Also lower humidity if possible last few weeks to around let’s say ... 35% maybe of possible ?

Since you can’t lower temps to the 66-f area

Best I got

Is it worth the money to invest in a temperature monitor that also utilizes mold detection for the purposes of flowering. I’m unclear as to whether these would be sufficient or sensitive enough to detect small enough amounts of mold that it would be useful or would only detect after an issue has emerged. Any insight would be great appreciated.

Is it worth the money to invest in a temperature monitor that also utilizes mold detection for the purposes of flowering. I’m unclear as to whether these would be sufficient or sensitive enough to detect small enough amounts of mold that it would be useful or would only detect after an issue has emerged. Any insight would be great appreciated.
wait ....what ..? a temperature gauge that detects fungus ...??? or does it just indicate high RH%

I will post a link to what I'm talking about. According to the terms of service it's not infringing because the link to the referenced product does not compete with sponsors as it refers to a weather station featuring mold detection. As of 6/4/18.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to the product description it is offers mold detection and weather monitoring. I have no idea of it's legitimacy and will not vouch. I come here seeking knowledge as to whether it's potentially worth the investing in or perhaps a better model of said weather station product.

La Crosse Technology 308-1414MB-INT Wireless Color Weather Station with Mold Indicator

1666131363199.png

I would greatly value the communities opinions and insight. I wish you all the best in your current and future grows.

in Further thinking I have to ask. While you raise a completely valid point about an inability of the device to detect moisture between leaves, etc. if we assume the measurements are remotely accurate couldn’t we use the information we get to know that the general area is low risk and be able to refine the focus area to the plant itself. Presumably the assumed risk of mold is assumed on a general analysis things are for the most part ok we can then focus on a more localized effort to mitigate humidity at the plant level. I would also propose use it to monitor whether a dehumidifier is doing its job or not and if numbers get out of a specific zone or whatever the assumed risk number is we could at least have an indicator that something may need to be addressed. Again, these arguments are based on accurate and reliable data .

in Further thinking I have to ask. While you raise a completely valid point about an inability of the device to detect moisture between leaves, etc. if we assume the measurements are remotely accurate couldn’t we use the information we get to know that the general area is low risk and be able to refine the focus area to the plant itself. Presumably the assumed risk of mold is assumed on a general analysis things are for the most part ok we can then focus on a more localized effort to mitigate humidity at the plant level. I would also propose use it to monitor whether a dehumidifier is doing its job or not and if numbers get out of a specific zone or whatever the assumed risk number is we could at least have an indicator that something may need to be addressed. Again, these arguments are based on accurate and reliable data .
dont get me wrong it will be of great help ... seeing is knowing beside a decent grow area should be able to get rid of humidity so there is less to worry about hehe

Would there be any negative effects to adding 1 table spoon of Epsom salt to a gallon of water mixed with Fox Farm big bloom in an indoor soil grow? I’m growing under cheap LEDs and they tend to get mag deficiency.

Back
Top Bottom