Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Would there be any negative effects to adding 1 table spoon of Epsom salt to a gallon of water mixed with Fox Farm big bloom in an indoor soil grow? I’m growing under cheap LEDs and they tend to get mag deficiency.

I would start with 1/2 teaspoon per gallon. 1 tablespoon is a lot of Epsom salt. I would say that supplementing calcium is probably a better idea than magnesium. Plants use a lot of calcium and relatively low amounts of magnesium.

My theory is that unless you are running plants in amended soil, they are going to need a cal-mag supplement of some sort. I don’t think it’s the lights that make the plants have deficiencies, but the medium.

Hey can anyone give me a heads up on what's happening with the leaves on this plant I have in my dwc setup? It's sharing with 5 other plants which aren't showing the same sort of problems. It was supposed to be a speed bud auto but did not turn out to be auto... So not exactly sure if strain is correct lol Just starting to show pistils now and have yet to change to bloom nutes. EC is 0.5 room temp is 22°C & RH is around 60% I tried to have a bit of a search and I'm sure I've seen it in someone's journal before but for the life of me can't remember where and what the issue was haha of course. Thanks in advance 420 wizards.

There are plenty on here more experienced than I do let them supersede what I say but I read something about this it could be related to a silica deficiency.

Source:
Leaf Wrinkle Issues
Thanks mate just had a read. Wish the pictures loaded for a better confirmation. Silica ay. Would be good for the plants anyway I guess so it's worth a shot lol

I have some autos and photos on 18/6 under a 1k MH light. My autos are starting to show buds. Can I keep them all under the MH and flower out the autos. Or would the MH not perform well in flower? Thanks

I am interested in how people weigh their produce. I often see things like "I pulled 6 or 7 oz from this plant". I have always assumed when people talk about yield, they are talking about dried, manicured & cured bud - and not weight when chopped or including trim, twigs etc. I weigh after drying and a week or two cure and there are only manicured buds (no twigs). Am I wrong on this? How do you people weigh?

@SLHLover i dont suppose you could help me out? you helped me with my super lemon haze before and iv got 2 now that are yellowing really fast, there ppm is at 850, with cal max at 200ppm and the rest of ionic bloom.

Looks like light/heat stress imo.

Is the particular plant your having issues with closer to the tent wall and/or furthest from a vent? Have you verified consistent circulation around this specific plant?

genetics can always play a factor but based on the nature and degree of your leaf tips I'm not immediately inclined to believe that is the case. What are your nutes?

Its possible some N is needed. And while it's rare silica deficiency may be present as well. Are you using any cal-mag supplements? Excess salt on roots could be an issue too. When was last plain water? It looks it could be a nutrient lock out.

never add plain water to coco coir. only nutes start to finish. Remind me whats going on high, what you feeding, whats your atarting water, what ligt source you using and what extraction. I know youve told me before but i just cant keep up with everyone.

Just incase its salt build up put 0.8ec ionic only through with 20% run off. that will pull excess salts out.

Back
Top Bottom