Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

I had read a bunch of stuff about curing and many seem to say that mastering curing is harder then mastering growing. The sources said mastering not just doing. What are the communities thoughts?

Drying & curing properly is an essential part of the process. It's not that hard - just be consistent. The idea is that you stretch the drying and curing as long as possible - the slower the plant loses moisture, the better it will taste. There are many good threads here on drying and curing. Worth a read.

hello all!

right this might seem like a stupid question but how do you flush a plant when there scrogged up?

i usually put 3x the volume of there pot but cant see that being possible.

there in 20 litre pots, coco/perlite 60/40 mix.

they have been getting fed 2 litres every day so should i just feed 2 litres of plain water everyday?

thoughts on using canna flush for the first 4 days then plain?

planning on flushing for 2 week or until all the leaves are yellow.
Although a heavy flush would be how I do it, then just continue with water only every day till they're yellowed . But I bet that net is a pain in the ass !! I use the under the bed storage bins, to set my pots in, and use a shop vac to suck up the runoff. But I don't scrogg. And that's why I don't scrogg !! i really think the 2 l per day will be to much though. They will start eating less, once you switch to just water. I flush, then wait till the pots are lite again, then start adding one qt. per day for 10 days to 2 wks.. Works better if the plant uses most of whatever you put into the pot, everyday the pots should be lite again. Hope this helps !!:surf:

420-magazine-mobile1476620760.jpg
Garden update:
Noticed what looks like leaf claw and yellow spotting from N over dose what do you guys think?
Almost one month into flower week 4 is just around the corner.
Growth has seemed a bit slow probably because of root pruning
420-magazine-mobile18272635.jpg

The plant I topped is beginning to out grow the other 3 and pistils are beginning to stretch out and test their environment...kinda wish I topped them all.

I have since been informed you can in fact run 12/12 lighting from seed and the plant will still flower but I would personally still try and bring her to maturity before I flip. That's just my preference though, as I say you can grow 12/12 from seed on a photo plant but I didn't know this when I replied. .

I think if you go 12/12 from seed, she will flower when she is sexually mature. I am far from a botanist though.

Fox farm is killer I strongly suggest that you feed them half strength at first and then once you get it down that you only give it too then once a week or as need be
My plants love fox farm nutes, I bought some advanced nutes and I'm gonna do a few with fox farm and a few with Advanced, same strain, same tent and light also and see which one I like best but I love fox farm and it's not deluted like alot of other nutes, in other words it will last alot longer cause you won't use as much. I never have went over half strength on my first and current grow and ive not had any deficiency and my plants have stayed healthy the whole grow, you won't go wrong with fox farm...️

I think if you go 12/12 from seed, she will flower when she is sexually mature. I am far from a botanist though.

Yeah that was my thinking also. I only usually see preflowers after 4-6 weeks of veg and I usually go 8 weeks veg then flip for good sized plants. I thought the plant had to reach maturity to flower at all.

How many days after the 12/12 flip do you guys normally use pk 13/14 boosters? So for say an 8 week finishing strain what day after flipping to 12/12 would you add pk 13/14 and would you add it just once or several times throughout flower?

i add canna pk 13/14 at (week 4 0.5ml) (week 5 1.0ml) (week 6 1.5ml) to 1L.

Is that week 5 counting from the first day of 12/12 or counting from when you see clusters of pistils 7-10 days later? I'm trying some different tests out on different plants and I'm gonna give some PK 13/14 just once and the others I'm going to give it several times in flower. I have a few test subjects lined up and wanted to hear how everyone else uses PK 13/14. Im hearing there's benefits to using it more than once but don't know for sure.

I have some plants a couple weeks to harvest. What would be the effect on my plants if I were to cut off the side branches lowest to the ground? I want to do this to get something to smoke. Bud is pretty much good enough to quick dry and vape. Cloudy trichs.

Thanks.

I guess I was wondering, if I covered them for a couple of days would that signal them to start flowering? If I then removed the covering would they continue to flower, or, would they revert back to their vegetative state? They are planted in the ground and we are still on 15 hrs daylight 9 hrs dark.

Yes it absolutely would trigger flower and if you stop when daylight hours are short enough she'll continue to flower naturally. I saw your plants are in the ground so how big are they in terms of height and diameter roughly? If my plants were grounded I'd use chicken wire fencing covered in blackout cloth or black weed control fabric covering it and make a cap to place over them, you must ensure no light at all gets through though, not a single lumen lol

Green ones are aphids. Spider web looking thing I believe are spider mites. Heck, they could even be aphid eggs. You look like you have a decent infestation.

Break out the neem oil and spray if she's not too far into flower. That kind of bug population needs controlling or they could become a big problem

i class the start of week 1 when i can see clusters that are at around 5-10mm.

iv used it just in week 5 once, but now iv seen a mega difference from gradually building it up from week 4 to week 6.

ive got a schedule if you would like it?

Yeah that was my thinking also. I only usually see preflowers after 4-6 weeks of veg and I usually go 8 weeks veg then flip for good sized plants. I thought the plant had to reach maturity to flower at all.

Maturity will come to the plant regardless of the light yee, think off plants nearer the equator and grown outdoors, we don't get the luxury of 18hr days, it's roughly 12-14hrs of sun year round.
Growing 12/12 from seed is a little quicker because the plant kinda chooses how long it wants to veg for, but the plants do end up stretched and just plain stunted (not unhealthy, just mini..) I've done it a couple of times, but I wouldn't recommend it, I only did it out of space limitations / experiment.. Give it a go! Maybe you'll have better results, but I make the most of the sun when I can nowadays.. even my 700w is essentially supplement lighting in my mind ..✌️

Maturity will come to the plant regardless of the light yee, think off plants nearer the equator and grown outdoors, we don't get the luxury of 18hr days, it's roughly 12-14hrs of sun year round.
Growing 12/12 from seed is a little quicker because the plant kinda chooses how long it wants to veg for, but the plants do end up stretched and just plain stunted (not unhealthy, just mini..) I've done it a couple of times, but I wouldn't recommend it, I only did it out of space limitations / experiment.. Give it a go! Maybe you'll have better results, but I make the most of the sun when I can nowadays.. even my 700w is essentially supplement lighting in my mind ..✌️

I may try one out of curiosity more than anything else but I've now missed my outdoor window as we are hitting natural flower time, I started light dep a few weeks in advance to get a good head start. I don't think a new seed would make it at all now but curiosity may get the best of me . I'll have my new light for the winter grow soon so could try it then. I find all these little facts fascinating and I learn something new daily on here. As always cheers Grim .

Another quick question for everyone, do you think using bamboo canes in our plants pots can do any real damage to the plants? I have to push bamboo canes down the side of my plants pots to put my rain shelter up when it pours down and although it's not that often I do worry those canes could damage roots and the plant in turn? I know many growers use canes in pots for a number of reasons but do they hurt our plants by damaging roots?

Back
Top Bottom