Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Good time to be feeding her, she's nearly halfway finished her flowering . 14-14-14 is really unfriendly for flower, if possible I'd be feeding just PHd water in bulk, even try flushing and breaking away that hot soil with teas / soil cleanse. Having heaps of nitrogen will taint the process, and it'll keep throwing weird unwanted leaves atcha. You shouldn't need to add to much / any bottled nutes or soil fert, the soil sounds loaded, just unbalanced . after a couple of good water weeks, some seaweed solution or bat shit tea will make for a nice boost.
Nice looking Sativa outdoor girl . natural beauty .

Thank you so much! I will look up and read about the things you suggested. Have only used water for the last 3 weeks! Peace Brother

Good time to be feeding her, she's nearly halfway finished her flowering . 14-14-14 is really unfriendly for flower, if possible I'd be feeding just PHd water in bulk, even try flushing and breaking away that hot soil with teas / soil cleanse. Having heaps of nitrogen will taint the process, and it'll keep throwing weird unwanted leaves atcha. You shouldn't need to add to much / any bottled nutes or soil fert, the soil sounds loaded, just unbalanced . after a couple of good water weeks, some seaweed solution or bat shit tea will make for a nice boost.
Nice looking Sativa outdoor girl . natural beauty .

I forgot to mention is my first plant ever so totally learning. I have done 1000's of flowers and veggies from seed....

420-magazine-mobile1640876769.jpg

This lady was severely underwatered tons of leaves fell off of her seems to be bouncing back nicely.
420-magazine-mobile1031788749.jpg

Topped plant at about 20 days in budding nice
420-magazine-mobile1924145162.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1091771565.jpg

Headband seems to be fattening up nicely going to run them for another week than start flushing.
Also added dolomitic lime to all plants as I water with pure distilled water.
Moving to a hydro DWC system after this super excited :)

Likely auto flowers, what's your light schedule?
A fully mature plant will not show pre flowers that prominent.
Need a few specifics of what your growing etc.
Clones will show pre flowers on a small plant like that with a couple hairs at each bud site, but that looks like more.

16/8 I could have messed up once or twice but I doubt that would give me such prominent pistils. I also think this because there is one with no pistils. These seeds were given to me. I'm growing in fox farm and use heavy 16 nutes

16/8 I could have messed up once or twice but I doubt that would give me such prominent pistils. I also think this because there is one with no pistils. These seeds were given to me. I'm growing in fox farm and use heavy 16 nutes

Well for sure you ended up with some autos .you can keep everything on 18/6 and clone the photo provided it's female. just a thought

femised seeds are made from 2 different females ... one is forced to herm via spraying colloidal silver solution on plant ... then they use that pollen to seed the other plant

so in a sence many bagseeds are feminised but they carry a much higher chance to stress- or spontanious herm so dont get furious ... regular seeds are cheap but in a sence also much better cause these seeds havent been messed with in any way ... some growers swear by regular seeds for this reason
So you're saying it's OK to sell seeds that you know are known male ? With the inflated market for seeds, I think they can separate them and still make a killing. If they got to charge more, then so be it. It's time for me to start making my own.

They popped on 6/22 but they didn't have a tent no real light. Also so many set back because of my dumb mistakes. So I figured I wait 2 more weeks now that I'm giving it what it needed. Some are almost touching the 2 feet scrug. So u think I should go to flora

Not to say you're wrong, but I have never seen any evidence to suggest seeds that are from feminized plants are much more likely to herm out. It's something oft replated as second hand knowledge, but I haven't heard anyone say it's happened to them personally. Personally I have tried to stress-reverse plants and never had success.

One thing people don't realize is all cannabis can self propagate asexually, and a lot of the time it's just simply flowering too long that causes it. Feminized seeds use to be made doing that, but often they just wouldn't germinate. Not to mention, if you pick a strain that does this, then that means it's more likely to go herm while people are stretching out that long flower. In my opinion that's why people got the idea that it was causing some recessive gene to become dominant, but in reality the strains that lended themselves to "rodelization" (as this method became called) were ones that went hermie by going late into flower, but earlier than what might be considered late for long flowering strains like sativa. White Widow was a popular choice because it would pollinate itself shortly after 70 days of flowering, but as you can see that would mean a lot of people trying to flower it to 100% amber got seeds. It didn't help that everybody and their mother then made and sold their own S1 seeds of it, then people got those and got S2...

When you force a plant to hermie with CS or STS it's a hormonal response, not a phenotypal expression like rodelization. That's why only certain strains, and certain phenotypes of strains would work with rodelization, and why that pehnotypal expression could be re-expressed in offspring easily.

Because the chemical methods are hormonal, and not environmental, that means any strain and phenotype can be changed without it passing a predisposition towards this on through the genes. Ultimately all cannabis has the genetic ability to self pollinate, but some varieties the gene is more or less dormant than in others so that's what makes it seem like an exclusive gene only certain strains have.

Long story short, if it wasn't forced through environmental factors, it's not likely to make the asexual propogation function more prone to occur due to environmental stresses like rodelization would.

But that being said with bagseed there's no way of knowing what caused it to hermie, and if it was an environmental stress, that same environmental stress could trigger the same response in its offspring a little easier with each successive generation.

so bassically you say what i said but more technical ...

I planted my Pineapple Haze and Purple Haze 2 weeks before my Blueberry Haze plants and the Blueberry Haze is growing really fast while the other two are stalling. Am I doing something wrong? They are both fed the same nutes. Full range of Advanced Nutrients. I'm in week 3 of flower. I haven't adjusted lights of course b/c they are outside. Should I be putting something dark on the greenhouse or something?

420-magazine-mobile1564980615.jpg
420-magazine-mobile427947844.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1532207808.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1170079482.jpg

I planted my Pineapple Haze and Purple Haze 2 weeks before my Blueberry Haze plants and the Blueberry Haze is growing really fast while the other two are stalling. Am I doing something wrong? They are both fed the same nutes. Full range of Advanced Nutrients. I'm in week 3 of flower. I haven't adjusted lights of course b/c they are outside. Should I be putting something dark on the greenhouse or something?

420-magazine-mobile1564980615.jpg
420-magazine-mobile427947844.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1532207808.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1170079482.jpg
Is the tallest one a sativa maybe?

Makes me wonder, and a little furious, that if this is indeed possible, then why are the seed banks selling us male seeds, with the female seeds. Is this the old shell game ??

Seed banks don't use self pollinated hermie fems for their feminised seeds they use the pollen from them on another stable female I believe and they force the herm using colloidal silver. So fem seeds from good seed banks won't be self pollinated they'll be pollinated from another force hermed plant from what I've read into. They minimise the herm trait but ultimately I guess all feminised seeds will carry it a bit.

hello all!

today is my 10th day in flush and they have had 44 litres of water through them up to now with ppm coming out at 150ppm.

whats peoples oppinions on if i cut them down tomorrow instead of saturday?

or keep them of till 8pm tomorrow night once lights go off tonight at 8pm?

they are in coco/perlite 60/40 mix in 20 litre pots.

hello all!

today is my 10th day in flush and they have had 44 litres of water through them up to now with ppm coming out at 150ppm.

whats peoples oppinions on if i cut them down tomorrow instead of saturday?

or keep them of till 8pm tomorrow night once lights go off tonight at 8pm?

they are in coco/perlite 60/40 mix in 20 litre pots.

Do you have pictures and how to the trichromes look and if the look fine then it's based on your flush did you use like a store bought flush solution or just ph and ppm your regular water they sell shit that they clams you can flush for a week but I don't trust it

Hey guys grower not me someone else needs help. His last question to me was is it okay the white fungus ? Sorry but those words scare me and I'm not expierenced enough to give advice . I would say no as that sounds discussing but hey we but some crazy shit in are mediums or cultures lol here the link. Drop in please guys and gals ...

Keep the love going .

Mysterious White Fungus In Soil

Mysterious White Fungus In Soil

Back
Top Bottom