BCBudd 1st Ever Grow - Hydro

The babies are coming along nicely. All clones taken from the flowering plants so some to be taking their sweet time to reveg. Trying LST on a couple that I inherited late(top of the upcoming photo) just to see what happens. One light is really not enough for I got going on here prolly but the other side seems to good with it. Light movers down the road a bit yet.

plants_00115.JPG

plants_00217.JPG

This experiment is leaves I cut off the big girls a week ago. Going away for 3 days in the morning(grandaughter was born 11/11/11 and we haven't seen here since day 2 of her young life) so kinda flooded the table since won't be here to mist. Got leaf cut idea from a twelve/12 thread where he just put em in water cups and they grew roots. Nothing ventured nothing gained :) .

Merry Christmas All

Put my handy support system up a day late but should work for now.
Deffinately gotts find something better for the other side cause this is a pain in ass to work on.

plants_00510.JPG

No the leaves aren't orange its my shitty picture taking. :peace:

Lookin' damn good, man. Good luck finding something better.:thumb:

Every tip is going yellow.is this normal?

plants_0076.JPG

This is often a sign that they are being over watered. Later, when you start to flush though, this is quite normal. The fan leaves will die off as nutrients are sucked out of them. You're not to that stage though. How long and how often if your watering cycle? Might want to play around with your cycles by either removing one, and spacing the others evenly or shortening the length of the cycles. You want your medium to be nearly dry before the next cycle starts. Do you have holes in the bottom packaging of your pargo blocks or is it holding water/nutes? I've never done hydro quite that way I usually put the big blocks either directly on the drain table or in hydrotone. Is that simply there to allow further outside growth of roots?

Might also be a tad of nute burn.

Found this post from 420, our Editor. It's quite a hefty read, but it's a wealth of information packed into as easy a read as possible. For me, being dyslexic, it would take forever for me to read it all. Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

I hope this helps.

Water for 10 mins after light on and same at 30 mins before lights off. Yuppers they have drain holes/cuts on the bottom of the packages. The packages are for root growth.

Then the only other thing I can think of that might be the problem is nute burn. Try that link above to also help.

Thanks bro,from the link the 2 most likely culprits are cal def and nute burn. Gonna flush tomorrow and see what happens.

Cal Def has a different pattern, more on the fleshy inside between the ribs of the leaf, from what I can remember... Most likely it's nute burn.... 3x water than your medium... (i.e. 1 qt pot needs 3 qt water to flush) I just continue pouring water until it runs clear in hydro.

Jandre2k3 I flushed the hell out of em and ran straight water for 2days then changed out res again before adding food. :morenutes:
Home stretch now baby. :)

Okie-dokie, the only thing we can do from here is wait-n-see how they do for the next couple of days. I will say that in hydro situations, I have found that a full flush (medium and system), every two or three weeks is essential for keeping down any unwanted salt buildup and to wash away any stale/degrading nutrients...

Your plants are coming along nicely, BCBudd! There is some over feeding due to the burn tips but everything is still very healthy. Have you thought about adding wax paper in front of the flash on your camera? It will defuse the light some and allowing you to see the trichs without having it washed out with light. No wax paper is needed if you can adjust the power setting on the flash from your camera.

Twelve12 thanks for the compliment. The pics are taken without a flash at all. Have held up cardboard to block the light and tried most settings on the camera.
Got major renos goin on here and can't find my manual. Can't find much of anything actually,seems like every time we time we put down a tool it disapears. Got a nice lil obstacle course goin on to get to the rooms.
Sometimes wish we hired out work but just like all the gardeners here theres nothing like doing it yourself.

Oh, I was referring the high power flash in one of your picture. Would like to see more details without the intense flash. Looks frosty though since it reflect back all that light coming from the camera!

plants_00510.JPG

For your other shots if you have a white balance mode in your camera set it to Tungsten can take away the yellowing cast produced from the HPS. It may not work depends on the camera, try it out to know.

It's all good I know you're doing your best!~

Was out of town for a bit and unfortunately the lil missus added wrong nutes while I was away.
Bud hardener too early so now I got a bunch of popcorn. Sigh. They haven't changed at all from last pics so prolly gonna flush and crop and start makin hash. Takin clones off the little girls tonight/tomorrow then goin into flower couple days after that.
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom