Bluter's Happy Home For Hilarious Hempsters

I used peat pellets in my Hempy. Worked great.
I have also sprouted them in Hempy. I planted them a bit shallow and added more perlite as they grew upward.

was wondering when starting in jiffy's or rapid rooters, if simply transferring them to hempy plug and all would be ok....

I just stuck my peat pellet right in the perlite. The only negative is it looks a little messy for a bit. The peat stains the perlite.

I just stuck my peat pellet right in the perlite. The only negative is it looks a little messy for a bit. The peat stains the perlite.
do i sound like someone worried about appearances lol

that may have figgered the next new best method. i seriously detest starting in hempy.
it's the one thing i hate about it. once i have that sussed it's all rainbows lol.. :cheesygrinsmiley:

My brother uses Rapid Rooters all the time. The seeds sprout fine, and then he puts them in perlite once roots are showing.

I sprout directly in perlite. Instead of watering from the top during the delicate seedling stage, I put the hempy solo cup into a shallow container to fill the reservoir from the bottom. The perlite wicks up, and baby is in moist perlite.

Like this
3BC8E63F-23EF-40E0-BF81-AECFB12D548C.jpeg
33084E01-0913-4D0D-8648-B3A5B323008A.jpeg

My brother uses Rapid Rooters all the time. The seeds sprout fine, and then he puts them in perlite once roots are showing.

I sprout directly in perlite. Instead of watering from the top during the delicate seedling stage, I put the hempy solo cup into a shallow container to fill the reservoir from the bottom. The perlite wicks up, and baby is in moist perlite.

i like both ideas.
dunno why i stuck to cracking the way i did. done it that way for so long. it has an insane success rate

edit: while i been trying to fret for nothing the tangie, and two northern lights, crept up. sitting just under the surface right now. 4 of 6 looking for light.

I do soak the seeds until the hull cracks, then position them pointy end up about 3/8-1/2” in the perlite. You need to give it enough perlite to rub against to prevent helmet head.
I try to get them planted before much root shows.

I do soak the seeds until the hull cracks, then position them pointy end up about 3/8-1/2” in the perlite. You need to give it enough perlite to rub against to prevent helmet head.
i scarify with a matchbook and paper towel between plates over the amp.

cracks so well.

I’m glad the paper towel works for you. Seemed to pull too many tiny hairs off by the time I usually got to it. Minimal contact with the root has worked well for me.
:ganjamon:

once the tap shows it can take right off. i hate handling them once they get more than a couple cm.

morning guys.

four showing this morning....

full

other two are just below surface. one is pretty twisted by the look. will see how that works out tonight after i get back.

misting them a couple times a day with a little ro and calmag ph'd to 5.8.
light is at 50% with the burple added in full time. still on 24/0.
rh is 45% at 23c under the dome.

going to 18/6 tonight or tomorrow once the other two peak up.
probably ramp the light by 5% or so when i do.

flicked a couple of shell skins off them this morning.

:)

Good morning bluter!:green_heart:

Glad to see some babies. I just hate seedling stage. Gives me too much anxiety. Fragile little things.

morning VG.

yup. i'm a wreck all through this stage.

lost near 40 seedlings once in a soil grow. it was pre-internet and i panicked the entire time trying to figure out what was killing everything. turned out to be a bad soil batch.

morning VG.

yup. i'm a wreck all through this stage.

lost near 40 seedlings once in a soil grow. it was pre-internet and i panicked the entire time trying to figure out what was killing everything. turned out to be a bad soil batch.
Ouch. Stupid soil! Did you go through the stoner stages of grief?
Disbelief, anger, despair, acceptance and renewed hope? I hate losing babies. I always feel like I need a pep talk after just to get my confidence up to grow again. Lol.

Ouch. Stupid soil! Did you go through the stoner stages of grief?
Disbelief, anger, despair, acceptance and renewed hope? I hate losing babies. I always feel like I need a pep talk after just to get my confidence up to grow again. Lol.

kinda. it was a small semi-commercial grow. we got reg seeds through a local breeder who would give us some pointers.

soil was too hot to start, and needed a better drainage. i can't remember what we were using, but it was before the time of promix or foxfarm, we bought some off the shelf garbage and amended it.

Back
Top Bottom