Bluter's Happy Home For Hilarious Hempsters

Sorry I’m late, ok if I tag along now ? Never seen this type of grow before. Best of luck to ya.

jump in anytime. welcome to the hempy side

Congrats on the babies! I knew that LSD was going to make it as soon as you wondered about dropping another seed :).

sometime they need the extra motivation

It's definitely something on the circuit board...I had the other channel done a few years ago but that place went out of business. :(

i've reflowed circuit connections and jumpered busted circuits before. it's not so bad as long as you can find the bad circuit.

i've reflowed circuit connections and jumpered busted circuits before. it's not so bad as long as you can find the bad circuit.

Look at the board with a magnifier, and check for cold solder joints. It can take years for them to further degrade to the point it affects signal flow. I had an RCA TV with cold solder joints, and it took 15 years for them to affect its performance.

Another common point of failure is the connectors inside the amp. They can get corroded. Simply removing and replacing them a few times will usually clear this up

If you can't find any of the problems above, chances are the pot will need to be replaced. Some are easy to get a replacement for, others can be problematic.

Thanks OldSalt, but that's beyond what I can do. I know it's not the pots as they've been cleaned and the crackling happens even at 0 volume. I've cleaned scratchy pots on guitar amps before with contact cleaner, but this is different. Also, when the other side went a number of year ago they replaced something on the board, like capacitors or...

I've already gotten another receiver, but that one is still my favorite!

Look at the board with a magnifier, and check for cold solder joints. It can take years for them to further degrade to the point it affects signal flow. I had an RCA TV with cold solder joints, and it took 15 years for them to affect its performance.

Another common point of failure is the connectors inside the amp. They can get corroded. Simply removing and replacing them a few times will usually clear this up

If you can't find any of the problems above, chances are the pot will need to be replaced. Some are easy to get a replacement for, others can be problematic.

once fixed a bunch of robe moving head mac 101 clones. they all had a ribbon inside that failed. took old computer ribbon i got for free and straight soldered the connections.

bought the movers for a song and had them in a show three days after. the company we bought them off thought they had took us, and were super choked lol

couple pics to pass the time.. waiting for ro

5 days since they all got above perlite. balmy day under the dome.

full

got a super weak feed last night.
wanted to swap out the calmag res water. same mix as the spray. did not ph. :)

full

hempy seedlings always look super stunty to me. everything takes forever till it hits the res.
have a future plan for that. also really like @FelipeBlu 's flood approach. may just try that on this grow.

been ramping the light up about 5% a day. trying to get ahead of the stretchy tangie lol
the cots and even the small leaves have been reaching in the am.

gotta go check the jungle room.

so there is a lot of blather around the mixing of mc.
there are myriad methods, mostly designed to reduce or eliminate precipitate.
coco, soil(less), and hempy has a bit of an advantage, as a little precipitate is not a big problem.

yay hempy... :)

i have no magic method. this is how we do it for the grow.
the only thing that changes is the amount of MC and water.

first measure out the amount of MC and water you need.
do my MC by weight and recommend it...

full

this is for seedlings.... so only need a pitiful amount :p

fill a small jar with some of the feed water ...

full

cap the jar and give the stuff a quick shake.
you don't need a paint mixer. just a couple quick shakes.

i have a crapped up wrist and barely bother... hence this method

full

check out the undissolved stuff. there's been loads of fun over how us MC users treat our (calcium ) balls..

i don't find those hard to mix at all.
but note the other smaller stuff.. never mixed that right out. but most will melt.

anyway.. stuff it in the mic a la no lid duh.

full

zap it up about as long as you'd heat a cup of coffee...

full

every mic is different. you don't want the jar too hot too handle.

cap the jar after the nuclear intervention and give another shake....

full

note the bottom center of the jar.
i let it settle for 20 minutes and slowly stirred so the precipitate settled together.
that was a pain lol. can see my bubbles.

normally just toss it straight in the feed water after the zap.

could see it before but it didn't show in the pics.
anyway that is about the total we get. little longer in the zap sometimes melts a bit more out
but no super issue.

mix it with the rest of the feed water

full

the are a couple white specks to the left. they actually show up orange in the bucket. were hard to catch.

from here just feed and go or ph etc. :)

while we are all waiting for the seedlings to hook up in the hempy cups....

do do Do do Do do do do do ( girl from impanema theme ) ....

full

no one has keeled. the light is up to 75% with no complaints.

didn't even fry the tiny lsd seedling. it's slow but progressing.

full

suspect the tap is twisted. had one in hempy do this before. it eventually works out.

the tangie damaged one of the leaves pushing through the perlite.

full

nothing it won't grow through.

took these last night. they got the first feeding following the online feed chart.
2g MC / 4L ro. i ph'd but i mixed enough to use for a few feeds, so it will drift. not going to worry about it.

fort st veg/clone reporting...

full

all is well under the dome. it's been coming off for a few hours every day. should pull the battery to reset the min / maxes lol

most starting on a second set...

full

oh no...

will stunty make it ? stay tuned.... maybe vote lol

good luck stunty

fort st veg/clone reporting...

full

all is well under the dome. it's been coming off for a few hours every day. should pull the battery to reset the min / maxes lol

most starting on a second set...

full

oh no...

will stunty make it ? stay tuned.... maybe vote lol

good luck stunty
So, because this medium grow is new to me. How does one up pot a seedling from that solo cup of perlite?

how did this get past.. oh trimming. lol.

So, because this medium grow is new to me. How does one up pot a seedling from that solo cup of perlite?

friggin carefully.

:p

kidding.

i wait til i can see root at the drain hole. at that point it is ready for up pot.
up pot is almost the same as soil. the media is a bit looser. but the process is essentially the same.

some differences :
usually fill the new pot a little less high up than soil then fill in. sort of start as far down as the hempy cup is tall, with just a bit more. i wet the perlite to make it a tad sticky, and form a little hole for the hempy seedling.

transplant, add a touch more perlite, and water in. hempys rarely shock and hook up fast after transplant.

girls found some legs. save for the runt. sigh.

full

so far rolling on nothing but mc. mixing the mc suggested seedling strength with nothing else.

light is at 75%. gonna roll up to 90 and sit in few days. doing it slowly.
might have to drop the floor in a few days.

am on ro and ph a premixed bucket which will do a few feeds. the mix will drift in the bucket, but am ignoring it.
all good.

except the runt. save the runt. send donations. :Rasta:

Not scared to throw three beans or clones in a hempy solo cup. Can usually gently separate their roots even if they twist up together.

Beez trips me out i hate messing with the girls til they got some root mass. But he gently takes them out and transplants them into whatever mix he's running. Been running straight perlite here.

i run straight perlite as well. started with a 4:1 perlite / vermiculite mix but it ultimately proved too wet

all the gals say good morning

as usual they are shaping up to an odd crew. typical of most of my seed grows.
well, grows period.

the northern lights gals are cruising along on schedule. they are probably looking for an up pot in a wk or so.

one got dug in the perlite deep and is growing right at the surface.

been a tad hard to manage. had to dig it out lol :cheesygrinsmiley:

working on more here..

growing a mutant tangie

aside from the discoloration, the main took a bend and terminates in this odd leaf structure..

seen the discoloration before , the leaf structure is something else. maybe growing a begonia... :cheesygrinsmiley:
gonna tag @DrSeeds as a great big tease lol

disclaimer : the aforementioned sponsors are in no way affiliated ... nor responsible for this mess... :laughtwo:

frankly there's a lot of responsibility missing in my threads....

can see the bend here with a side loaded node similar to a clone

gonna let it run and see where we get at up pot.

super curious to see what happens. need to balance that against space and needs etc....
hashtag build a mutant army ?..

Back
Top Bottom