Bluter's Happy Home For Hilarious Hempsters

been too long since an update.

full

the great big build is going on. even the lower stuff committed. being a sativa heavy strain i expected to have more small and isolated buds.

full

they stacked just a bit better than my expectations when it went in to flower. they are pulling hard from the leaves by this point. more than i like.

full

can tell how it's moved up from the lowers. i'm running so hot at present there isn't any head room for added nutes. i'm sitting at 5 2/3 g/gal with a theoretical top between 5.5 - 6 g. on top we're running 8ml calmag and a touch under 1.5g/gal of BE.

i'm essentially running the booster on top of the MC which is a bit uncharted. it is not recommended, but i'm letting the plants drive the feed schedule. i could probably run hotter judging off the fans. i'm so close to finish that we're debating holding the line.

actual measures right now are 12g MC. 8 ml calmag, 3g BE, in 8L RO.

i'm thinking i'm two wks out. at least i would be if they'd settle down and stop tossing pistils.

full

right now there's just no quit. a cursory look at the tricomes show a field of white and clear with maybe an occasional amber. it's too early to even bother checking for another 2 wks.

overall i'm happy but i'd like to have seen them hang on to a bit more green. i'm high in N with both the MC and an added calmag. i'm not sure there's much more i can do but hold the line.

full

the cage looks a bit sloppy but it's effective and easy. the buds themselves are nice and dark. it's gotta be the blueberry side expressing.

full

it's a bit hard to pick up with all the pistils.

full

they're going long too. i'm kinda sure we're at the back end of the 70 day flower guesstimate window. no one's keeping track of days. we just look at them and say ok, c'monnnn :cheesygrinsmiley:

i been happy enough with this run to re-invest in @Weed Seeds Express genes. these came in at the end of last wk.

full

probably good for a year now unless someone wants to toss sponsorseeds my way. my next run is also gonna feature the crazy cool @NextLight mega in flower.

Looks awesome man!

cheers doob. nice to see you pop by.

oops i forgot a gratuitous beer bottle shot ..

full

no matter how much i ask they just don't wanna have a beer. good choice plant. :p

cheers doob. nice to see you pop by.

oops i forgot a gratuitous beer bottle shot ..

full

no matter how much i ask they just don't wanna have a beer. good choice plant. :p
I thought you were going to show a beer, not a bottle of beer-flavored skunk water :laugh::rofl:

I thought you were going to show a beer, not a bottle of beer-flavored skunk water

oddly corona comes from a very traditional german brewing process. most mexican beer is very very traditional.

the large majority of brewers in mexico were german nationalists escaping either political prosecution or the authorities. in some cases they were against the gov't, in others they were extremists. none of them would have been safe in europe or north america.

they brought their brewing and recipes with them. mexico wouldn't have a beer industry at all otherwise. the majority of all south american brewers have the same roots.

Mexico makes some fantastic beer. Dos Equis is fantastic. Too bad they put Corona in those clear bottles which allow the hops to skunk.

Mexico makes some fantastic beer. Dos Equis is fantastic. Too bad they put Corona in those clear bottles which allow the hops to skunk.

it's done on purpose. it's also a specific blend of two hops that promote it.

edit : dos is brewed / sold by the same group. i sell booze for a living.

edit again : the clear, green, and brown bottles, are all intended to filter or let in differing amounts of light to effect the final product. it is the same with wine.

Nice bulking going on! In terms of the N, keep in mind that excess potassium locks out nitrogen.

it crossed my mind but they're eating everything i can throw at it now in terms of pk. i'm not certain i wanna pull back at all. on the other hand i'm running hot enough i don't want to force more and risk them spontaneously combusting.

it could partly be a strain that just yellows at the end. the sugars and larger leaves buried in the bud are keeping their colour. the fans are taking it though. i'm probably not gonna have any left by chop. i can't believe how much they want to build. they have no business throwing as many pistils as they are at this point.

i might go a 1/2g higher on everything and maybe another ml of calmag. maybe i should go fish for a few opinions.

How's it going mate? This round been harvested yet?

couldn't get over for pics this wkend. try in a day or two. they built like crazy and won't finish. there's colas fat as my jars but there's not a fan left and the trichomes are all completely clear with a tiny amount going milky.

they are still stubbornly tossing pistils. i'm more than double the suggested flower time now.

couldn't get over for pics this wkend. try in a day or two. they built like crazy and won't finish. there's colas fat as my jars but there's not a fan left and the trichomes are all completely clear with a tiny amount going milky.

they are still stubbornly tossing pistils. i'm more than double the suggested flower time now.
I've had a couple go like that. Take forever. I read an article recently about it being a trait of more psychoactive plants. The trichomes never really go cloudy. You get mainly clear and amber. I'll have to try and find it again.

Could take me forever to find. Lol. It was interesting because I'd not really heard of it or read anything on it before but it was a small study. I think it was found with sativas and sativa hybrids. The article gave me the impression that you could wait forever and they'd never turn cloudy. It's going to bug me until I find it. :laugh: I really should start bookmarking things of interest.

I've had a couple go like that. Take forever. I read an article recently about it being a trait of more psychoactive plants. The trichomes never really go cloudy. You get mainly clear and amber. I'll have to try and find it again.

i'm praying i'm that lucky. :cheesygrinsmiley:

it's always a sativa. damn. me and my fine taste in weed. :p
we're at the end of our collective rope here. i've run long flowering and stubborn sativas before, i must be a punish bag, but this is nuts for an auto. it's also my best producing auto run ever by the looks.

Could take me forever to find. Lol. It was interesting because I'd not really heard of it or read anything on it before but it was a small study. I think it was found with sativas and sativa hybrids. The article gave me the impression that you could wait forever and they'd never turn cloudy. It's going to bug me until I find it.

they plateaued feeding. we pulled nutes back a touch about ten days or so ago. i might just take them in a few days and see what we get..

I really should start bookmarking things of interest.

i can never remember half of the stuff i find here of interest.

Looks good man going to try the cage idea still have no clue about nodes I don’t know why can’t grasp the concept that or mine are still to small the window really stunted them

nodes are just the paired branching that grows out from the stem of a cannabis plant.

cannabis reaches sexual maturity by the fifth node, or once the fifth set of branches develop. that is the point which you can decide to flower if it is a photo, or will flower on it's own, if an auto.

note : clones are different as they are taken from a branch, clones have alternating nodes. autos can also trigger early for a number of reasons before the fifth node. they will trigger after it for sure though.

edit : i used cheap tomato cages, there are better ones for cannabis. there are even better tomato cages than mine lol

nodes are just the paired branching that grows out from the stem of a cannabis plant. cannabis reaches sexual maturity by the fifth node, or once the fifth set of branches develop. that is the point which you can decide to flower if it is a photo, or will flower on it's own, if an auto.

note : clones are different as they are taken from a branch, clones have alternating nodes.
On a plant grown from seed, the initial pairs of nodes will be opposite and then with that 5th node will begin to alternate (as Bluter mentions for clones). The alternating nodes, which spiral around the branch, tell you it's sexually mature. The spiraling nature can be used to your benefit for training since they come out at different spots pointed in different directions.

Clones, which have the same sexual time as the parent plant can be taken with either opposite nodes if taken early, or alternate after the 5th node. Either way, they will grow with alternating nodes after sexual maturity.

Back
Top Bottom