Brightlight's Strain Fest: Organics & LED

hey bl! That plant looks awesome... Sounds like a go to work weed for me ahaha just curious. What do you use for lighting? Sorry if ive asked before.

also. Have you ever ran any of bodhis gear? I emailed a guy about getting some dominion seeds and he sent me back a massive list of seeds he has, bodhi has some interesting crosses that peaked my interest, but i havent seen anyone on here run any, i dont think they have anyways...

Looking fantastic. I love that scary shit. Growing up in Texas we would every once in a while get some that would lite up the night with with this erie wonderful psychedelic paranoia.
I loved it. I was the only one.

Yeah the African Sativa are like that like BL said. It's edgy is an understatement. I've grown lots of it recently. I've found it MUCH tamer after a good 3-4 month or longer cure. The longer the better.

It's like a good single malt Scotch... not for everybody and those that do like it, it's an acquired taste for sure.

My first puff on the African goodness. I was in heaven, then it was bed time and well I felt like I was on meth there for a little bit. I tried the freshie route for about a month with same result. Couldn't remember going to bed, waking up in a sweat + heart pounding.

Not that pleasant really. Some folks like that cranked up feel. I used to.

After a long cure that meth feeling is gone, but it's still daytime weed for sure.

BL - that plant looks REAL NICE. Love the structure. I've got a Wifi cross going now in VEG. Can't tell if its a male or not. Thinking it is. I'll be collecting pollen if it is and maybe crossing it with some of my DT.

But summer time and the living is easy. Time to head north for cooler greener pastures.

Luckily we've been spared the heat and humidity for now. It's actually warmer in Ontario than its been in Philly. The heat is coming... it's gonna be 105F and 95rh any day now. prolly have a drought this summer. We are due. I'm turning down the lights for July and August, not off but down.

VEG some FEMs for 40 days and 40 nights.

Man I wanna puff some Wifi. There was a guy here a few years ago that tore that shit up and it was his favorite all time. Beautiful flowers too.

Toasty said:
That sounds like a really good high... not sure why adding a sativa with my adhd works.. but it really gets me 'in the zone'. Guess thats why they give kids different forms of speed to calm them down. Lol

Careful what you wish for Toasty. Those African Sativa turn that hair on your chest to led in your pencil right quick too. I think it's the edgy feeling some folk dont like. I can moderate that but I can't moderate my heart beat after puffing. It's long term say 6 hours so can make people freak out. I've seen it happen. It ain't purdy. I know its coming so good with it. Kinda like shrooms, gotta be in the right place to get the best out of your experience. Now I'm selective on timing when puffing the Landraces from Africa.

We are going out to say a music show where there's lots of action and I'm walking talking dancing and drinking. Boom good. Kinda like we used to do in the 80s with "the other".

So yeah maybe a good sub for the snow cone treat bag(s). Certainly more healthful. Bad comparo but hey.......

hope ya get to enjoy some rounds of golf and some time with family. Tried to hit a few this weekend with dad and wow i got the grass torn up pretty quick lol. He sure showed me up!:rofl::peace:

Good hearing you golf w/ your dad. Golf runs in our fam's blood too. Botched shoulder surgery put me into golf retirement. Back probs. from excessive golf....lol. Son is a fiend, daughter played in college. We used to go down to Palm Springs in summer heat, play 36+ a day....get onto all the top courses for cheap when so hot weather.

What do you use for lighting? Sorry if ive asked before.

also. Have you ever ran any of bodhis gear? I emailed a guy about getting some dominion seeds and he sent me back a massive list of seeds he has, bodhi has some interesting crosses that peaked my interest, but i havent seen anyone on here run any, i dont think they have anyways...

Pj....my flower light is a Nextlight Mega. Ridiculous....it grows. Veg light is Illumitex DS. My previous flower light ok for veg bc dimmable.

Many Bodhi strains used in number of strains I've run. Buy very few regs. anymore so that leaves out Bodhi. Highly respected. The Apollos are really something.

@bobrown14
Thanks for always adding to strain descriptions & info.

@MagicJim
You'd asked about why cookies? Not exactly an easy grow. Sometimes pretty fussy. I like growing the hard ones...attempting anyway. Keeps me thinking & tinkering.

Don't take many bud pics. Not that good at it really. Lack equipment & steadiness. Ethos Cookies is Forum crossed to some Deadhead & White Flo, but this was the weird & funky plant w/ leaves & buds growing out of fans. This was a very cookie leaning plant....shows cookie frost potential & characteristic small buds.

101º today. 104º tomorrow. Hot everywhere. Too hot for plants. Relaxing weather. Stay cool. :passitleft:

Nice frosty nugs for some summer heat.
104 here today. Flower room reaching 81. Im a fall type of guy.
I shoot in the low 80's.... any hotter than that I aint playing.
Just kidding used to play the u.s. open qualifying courses for like $25 in the 100's. Lots of water and a cart.

Hey BL, just a note to let you know I am still kickin';)My older brother eating up a lot of my time. Take care my brother!:Namaste::peace:

Good to see you back around Hoz. :peace:

Connoisseur Lemon N Lime Jones
A throwback sativa cross with some nice genetic make up.....Casey Jones (ECSD x Thai/Trainwreck) X Haze (SSSDH Haze cut). Now this is my kind of sativa....mood elevating, an uplifting & smooth merry high. Gets me in a "life is great head space" & keeps me there. Exactly my preferred beginning high of the day. Long lasting effects that make me forget about anything beyond what I'm focused on. Stark contrast to the "scary" Nigerian WiFi cross, which is slightly less edgy with some curing time. Still not my choice to start the daily high but really good in the middle of the daily strain choices to liven up the high. Electric sativa with heavyweight clout.

Lemon N Lime Jones has got to be in the 90% sativa range but some nice breeding & selection had it finish for me at 59 days & 90% cloudy. Had wanted to take it earlier but had a bottleneck of ripe plants. Very slow developing buds, which at 6 wks. pointed to a lousy meager yield. But in her last 17 days fattened & bulked up in a major way. Distinct sharp lemon/lime 7UP smell to flowers. Less citrus on dried buds....more typical Haze nutty, spice, vegetal. Nice old school terps but not in class with modern terp queens. I'd forgotten how nice the Casey Jones high is. Couple with his special Haze, which I rank real high from growing plenty of SSSDH plants. This strain has pushed its way into my top tier of Haze crosses.

After a refreshing month & a half break I've prepped some soil & finally soaked some seeds. Here's the next line up:
1 Cherry Bomb Gelato - Compound
2 LA Kush Cake - Seed Junky
3 Mach 10 - Sun Grown
4 Mendocino Purple Cheddar - CSI
5 OG #18 - Reserva Privada
6 Polaris - Pisces
7 Sunset Strip - Cult Classics
A Bubba Doja - IHG
B Dafghan Surprise - Crunch Status Confirmed
C Gas Leak - South Fork

:thanks: :peace: :Namaste:

Back