BWC BayArea's Largest Solo Grow to Date

Look at the whole setup CharlieMopps

You should find a way to make those walls a little more solid. Maybe add some weight to them.

That suggestion shows that u haven't looked at the whole set up of the partition. Check it and and tell me how u'd go about accomplishing that task of attaching weights. And HOW do u suggest I make it more solid? If I knew these answers this wouldn't be a part of the thread.
People please, if u want to truly help please post SOLUTIONS with ur suggestions. A lot of things would probably work, but if u can't convey the solution u envision (if I can't c it the way u do), then the suggestions are useless (for this application). I do appreciate input, but I need u all to understand this.

The main problem you're having is that the top is attached to your ceiling with velcro. There are a few people online who have constructed poly/mylar walls with pvc tubing and angles. If you had it wrapped around that at the top, you could put some real big weights on the bottom and it wouldn't rip down. Think shower curtains.

The PVC looked good when I saw some1 else do it, but here are my issues.

1) I don't wanna bring 5' or 10' lengths of PVC in because it will attract attention (some one's always around and/or up.) That goes for bringing it in and/or out. W/velcro I can disassemble easily and quick if need be. I know what to do with the plants and equipment in that type of situation, so that's not a concern.

2) I read review about the older hydro huts and there were issues with gasses given off by the plastic (PVC framing) under constant heat (of HIDs). So I did it the way I did it. I appreciate the suggestions.

The problem was too much neg. pressure because I didn't factor in the intake fan of the A/C unit into the equation. Now I just need (2) 6" to 8" reducers in order to place the 8" inline with lights and filter. Then take the 6" on the filter now and use it for intake. This should help + i have a fan speed controller to help (was supposed to go to dro store today but had to sit in court for 2 hrs and I'm tired so tomorrow's the plan. The only problem is that the ac goes on and off according to temp/humid so there will be neg or pos pressure I'm assuming. I opt to deal with the positive pressure because it creates more space pushing the plastic out w/out ripping it down as opposed to leaning on plants and reducing usable floor space. B4 for I jveged in an open room and flowered in a 4X4 tent. I just went big with this to learn and cut losses. I just want to perfect what I'm doing if this doesn't work I'll try something else. We'll see, but keep the suggestions and solutions coming. Although I may not agree or use any particular one, doesn't mean that ur time and input aren't appreciated. Thanks guys.

BWC,

Just came across your journal and was wondering if this might help. Have you ever tried to go with growing in Organic as well as Hydro? By this I mean seeing if there is any difference in the nutrient issues you may have. I noticed the HUGE amount of nutrients you have pictured and thought maybe using an Organic tea, fairly neutral soil, and regular spraying with nitro during, and bloom in flower, may be beneficial. Having said that though, the grow you are getting is really impressive, and something to be proud of for so many reasons.

Much Appreciated

Wow, Thanks. I'm trying. I'll have more pics and stuff in a min. Just got done manicuring, cleanin up. I'll edit this in a min with an update.
*Update*

Finished a small manicure
DCXSC_SOG_5_1_gal_unmanicured.JPG
DCxSC_SOG_5_1_gal_manicure.JPG
and benefiting from my last dose of medibles.

okay yesterday I fed them full strength behind an improper flush (anxious, something told me not to). I just realized that I may be flushing improperly. The way demonstrated previously is not practical for large pots apparently. NE how I was wondering if another flush is in order? If so how would it affect the plant? I always was unsure if u were supposed to let the medium dry out b4 flushing a after over fertilizing. hat should I do? Mainly concerned with the triplets, I don't want them to loose foliage. I see yellow and a couple brown spots on them. I've made these mistakes b4, now after bein here reading journals and threads (i think I c Y). I've seen different ways of doing things and open to some. I've done worse and made it thru so I know I'm good, but I'm on display here LOL. Anyhow I see slight browning on some tips, some brown spots on leaves (these progress and kill the entire leaf if plant isn't treated). That's what happened tho the one in the avatars harvest, most large fans died off and finished flower with smaller leaves. Don't wanna repeat. I also rearranged the pots and trays. i moved the taller palnts beneath the 600W because it sits higher and is more intense (I feel a larger plan can take it better). Cups/trays under 400W which hangs lower. Also ac is getting loud, I think the intake is to close to the reflective film. I'll move it after I shower. I'll also try to fit the 8 in fan on in place of the 6 in on filter.

DGMGH, thanks.

BWC,
Just came across your journal and was wondering if this might help. Have you ever tried to go with growing in Organic as well as Hydro? By this I mean seeing if there is any difference in the nutrient issues you may have. I noticed the HUGE amount of nutrients you have pictured and thought maybe using an Organic tea, fairly neutral soil, and regular spraying with nitro during, and bloom in flower, may be beneficial. Having said that though, the grow you are getting is really impressive, and something to be proud of for so many reasons.

1st off thanks for ur suggestion. No I have never done organic nor hydro. I started just doing it reading bottles, lables , then bought books, talked to people. No PH, NO PPM/EC, and TAP WATER, still made enough money get decent equipment, recoup costs of original set up, and to save to go to school (cannabis school). So I am feel I am fairly knowledgeable on the basics of indoor. But still having problems applying the knowledge alone(from books).
I think for my next grow I'll pick about four categories and my 420 fam can vote for the next grow (depending upon my location, getting pretty dangerous out here).
As far as spraying during in flower, it makes me nervous. I don't wanna get PM or Botrytis. I jus wanna finish at least an average grow. I gotta make this happen I got a real plan man. Again, thank u ALL for ur support it helps at times like these when I get frustrated. gotta go :peace:

7/31 Day 7 flower, Day 38 for triplets

Ok so I finally resolved the unequal pressure issue. Went to one of my back up dro stores ( I have a rapport with owners/workers of about 4 of them). i explained the setup, situation, and how I wanted to remedy it. between 3 of us this is what we came up with (by the way the lady at this store in particular is HOT!! and smart. How rare is that?). She suggested that I use a length of ducting as a pressure release valve, made a whole hell of a lot of sense to me. So here's what I did. I took the 8" fan, an 8" to 6" reducer, and fan speed controller and replaced the 6" fantech fan with the 8" fan. The 8" intake portion of fan sits vertically on top of filter and taped to secure air leaks (filter opening is 6"). I tapped the reducer the other end and secured the ducting leading to the hoods and finally exhauseted. Then I pluged in the controller and pluged the fan into into it. Set fan speed to med (419 CFM), high was too noisy w/ac running. Now as for the intake. I took 2 short lengths of 6" ducting and attached to each end of 6" fan. The exhaust end is fed under plastic (and sealed around duct w/tape) to bring in fresh air beneath the mlk crate beneath the oscillating fan. The other length of ducting attached to the intake end of fan is to muffle the sound w/a stretched a nylon legging over ducting to prevent objects from being sucked into fan. Fan is on the floor. I left the the 8" intake duct in place with nothing on either end, this is the pressure release valve. I bent the ducting in a U shape to keep light out (plus the inside of ducting is dark to help with this as well). Now if the wall balloons a little I can push it and feel the air come thru pressure release valve.

Ok so this is day 7. I realize my flush (on larger pots) was done wrong. I didn't use nearly enough water I want to correct ASAP but was wondering if I had to wait til the medium drys out. I got some nute burn for sure. I saw brown spots, tips starting to brown, some tips starting to curl and some leaves kinda droop (not like when wilted). I c the problem and am kinda relying on u all for help. I will get more pics when I open up today (it will look worse today and will continue to progress until treated).
I also rearranged the room. Larger taller plants are under the 600W HPS and the shorter ones moved beneath 400W HPS. Reason being 600W sits higher that the 400W allowing more canopy space.

rearanged_pots_and_changed_canopy.JPG

rearanged_pots_and_changed_canopy1.JPG

Oh yeah, the sick girl w/purple stem (n pic above lower right corner) has been cut and hung to dry. Last batch hung to dry has been manicured and is now set to cure. I think that's everything. I also finally realized an easier way to prepare my nutes and will include pics next time I feed. I feel hella stupid just now realizing this (u guys will probably laugh, lol) NE ways that's it for now.

Thanks Tunes

Nice set up ...am new here and grow on a smaller set than you...and don't have a lot of knowledge as of yet to signs and symptoms of plant problems....I use this link as my guide to all kinds of problems. :thanks: 420 (founder)
Plant... Pest... Problem Solver
Hope this helps +reps on grow :peace:

Thanks for the info and the +reps. A lot of useful info. Thanks for introducing to my journal. + reps back at u for ur contribution.

Holy cow, Just caught up on your grow. What a great set up you have there. Saw you name on member of the month and thought I should check you out. Not sure how I missed this. Great job. Don't think I will miss another post. + rep

8/2 Day 9 Flower, Day 40 Flower for Trips

Day 9 and look what we got here, pistils ans preflowers!!.

1st_pistils_8-2_flower_day_9.JPG
Finally figured out the macro thing.

Everything seems to be coming along nicely. The nute burn isn't as bad as I'd 1st anticipated and no leaf tips remained curled under. Trips caught the worst of it, looks like.
nute_burned_triplets_8-2_day_40.JPG

Their resin production is increasing, glazing leaf edges emerging from and around buds.
DCxSC_8-2_Flower_day40.JPG
Pistils are white and fuzzy looking. the over-fertiliztion may have burned some turning them brown. Overall they look good.

Today I watered the pots as needed. One of my 3 gal pots (3 clones in one pot) was light as a feather. Watered it with a gallon h2o PH 6.0. I watered 1.5 gal pots and lower as needed for a total. of 2.5 gal of H2O PH 6.0. I'm trying to gradually raise the PH to see what the plants like best.

Pic of the filter/exhaust fan (set @ 419 CFM) and fan motor controller.
8_fan_and_fan_speed_controller.JPG

Intake
6_intake.JPG

switched the fans to solve the air pressure problem. Nothing really exciting yet. But keep checking in and I'll keep u updated. :peace:

Good to hear things are getting better for you. Sometimes the most boring grows are the most successful, aka no problems. In that regard i hope you have a boring rest of the grow. Keep it up, payoff is right around the corner.

8/2 Update pt. 2 *CLONES*.

Almost forgot to mention. I took 4 DCxSC cuts, 1 Mazar, 1 Purple Kush (while everything was still in veg). Most were tops from topping b4 sent to flower. I may grow moms out of em. Not sure. They were cut on the 9th of last month and left in the tray that long. No nutes just water and the roots are long as hell (at least 10'' of roots on each). Just transplanted to 1 gal pots w/exception of 1 DCxSC in a 1.5 gal pot. Again I mixed FF Ocean Forrest soil w/Canna Coco coir, transplanted, and watered. I added 5 ml B-1/gal H2O PH(ed) at 6.0. Used around 1.5 gal for 6 pots. There are being vegged under CFLs for now.
DCxSC_4_Mz_1_PK_1_8-2.JPG

That's it for now. Wait til U see pics of the new growth on everything under the 600W. I may have to move the 400W over about 6'' to better distribute light to taller plants on the outer edges.

Back
Top Bottom