BWC BayArea's Largest Solo Grow to Date

Re: BWC BayArea's Largest Solo Grow to Date Day 18, Trips Day 49

8-11 *Update*

I know its been a while.Still lookin good >
long_view.JPG
But I didn't wanna keep posting boring shit about the small things no 1 really cares about. Munki U asked about specifics for individual plants. I omitted certain info on purpose. For my feeding schedule I follow the one that came with my nutes.
feeding_scedule.JPG

Its been hot as shit lately so I've been dealin with temps as high as 86F which is warmer than I care for in my room. Humidity has been ab issue at night, say a few spots of PM and I've been spraying with h2o/baking soda to combat PM. I have also been consistently watering/feeding at PH 6.1 with good results. Everything in coco seems to be dealing with deficiencies except one of 4. Thinking of culling 3 because of sever stunted growth probably due to overwatering. Last two feeds all pots (except triplets) fed at PH 6.1, 800 PPM. I uped the nutes of the triplets too 1000 PPM. I accidentally forgot to PH the last feeding and fed 2 qts at 5.7. I've also been cutting the amount fed down and feeding and watering more frequently to deal with humidity and powdery mildew I mixed the recommended bloom mix and added, silica solution, organic phosphorus, and I reincorporated grow (portion normally stopped during flowering 5mL/gal) to help keep nitrogen in play so foliage doesn't yellow too bad toward the end of flower. Finally stopped hand mixing (too many gallons to mix one at a time. Picked up a bucket, air pump, and airstone. I just put a couple gallons h2o in and plug up every thing an just measure and pour.
mix_nutes.JPG

Got decent bud formation, the supercroped plants buds appear to be smaller, perhaps behind in development forcing energy to repair bends instead of developing buds. Supercroped branches have repaired themselves and side branches have caught up to tops and created more budsites.
supercroped_result_8-11.JPG

This branch (as well as a few others) split when bending, some were stiffer than others and some didn't have enough space between nodes.
split_supercroped_stem_8-11.JPG

Got some good, vigorous new growth and canopy has risen within the 2 foot area I try to keep clear so foliage isn't damaged. As long as it doesn't look like it gonna burn the foliage I won't raise the HID. I also placed some bamboo stakes in the 3 gal pots to support supercroped plants.
beneath_600W1_8-11.JPG
That string hanging is used to measure distance from hood to canopy (2' length).
The plants under the 600W are growing beautifully. The plants under the 400W are growing shorter but there's tighter internode spacing.
beneath_400W_8-11.JPG

Smell is a more dank, sweet aroma. As buds form that ooh familiar flowering smell has arrived . That smell always remind me of my first full cycle. DCxSC
baby_buds_day_18_8-11.JPG
and Mazar
mazar_baby_buds.JPG

Smoke report

:cheer:*Update :cheer:Smoke report:rollit::popcorn: Deep Chunk x Strawberry Cough (indica/sativa hybrid Coffee Shop Blue Sky cut). The cure of my avatar is complete (reached minimum time of 2 weeks). They were cured in 1 qt mason jars. Stems were cut off to get the most buds in the jars. Filled 2 1/4 jars. Jars were placed in a box placed in a cool dark place. Jars were "burped" or opened at irregular intervals with no set schedule. They would be left open for 5-120 mins (120 would be because I forgot they were open). Most of the time the full jars would be laid on their side while open. I read another thread here and a brother was saying that doing this uses the weight of the heavy buds to help compact the buds a little better as the dry. After about a week the buds on top seemed a little dry so cut a piece of lemon, peeled the pulp and "skin". Next, I bent the peel in different directions a little to get some moisture to the surface and dried with a paper towel. Then I cut the peel in 2 and placed one in each jar. The next day it felt too wet and I thought it would mold or somethin, but I kept burpin them for like 30-60 mins open. As of today I'm happy to say that the peels have dried out, shriveled, and browned signaling the end of the cure!!. So no the report. I put a gram thru the grinder rolled in a swisher and smoked with a lil leftover finger hash. I am high as giraffe ass right now. The smoke was crisp, not quite as smooth as I'd like (gotta flush better). Taste good. This doesn't have the dominant Strawberry Cough flavor although there is a hint of strawberry upon exhaling.Had more of a lemonade taste. Perhaps the lemon peel pushed the lemon flavor to be more dominant, just an idea. It has a lemonade smell when fondled. Buds are fluffy (by genetics I'm assuming),I'v grown with tap in summer with no climate control and with filtered water in AC room. Slight difference. Fluffy covered in trichomes with brown hairs. Can look "dry" if left out of a jar but when u touch it, its still sticky. So resinous that ur lips and fingers will be stick afterward. U'll be cleaning your bond after no more that a weeks session (if u have a jr lightweight bong like I do). The buds are green/dark green, not very dense but not "airy". I've had a purple crop b4 (tryna do it again). Not a one hitter IMO. More of a head high, yet relaxing. Upbeat, uplifting high but still relaxing (hard to explain). I found humor in thing that aren't ordinarily funny. I'm more focused, hell I'm typing this lengthy review. I'm no school educated doctor but, I feel that this would be an excellent strain to help with anxiety or depression. Can also be used for stress relief (more mental than physical IMO). Not a run to the fridge herb but if u haven't eaten in a few hours u will.
BEFORE
DCxSC_SOG_5_1_gal_manicure.JPG

AFTER
after_2_week_cure1.JPG
dry weight from 6 22"-33" SOGers Approximately 90 grams (maybe more, don't wanna exaggerate it) Around half left b4 cure finished:grinjoint::cheer::ganjamon::cheer::cool::grinjoint: Wait til the big harvest!!

BWC, I'll meet you at the airport! :grinjoint:

All kidding aside, nice to see you enjoying the fruits of your labor.

Flower Day 20, triplets Day 51

My girls are drinking water like dessert nomads at an oasis. My hommie came thru with some hash oil early this mornin and smoked me out. I kinda didn't water things till the last min, which woulda been cool if only a few pots needed it but two 3 gal pots needed waterin as well as a pot (or more) of every size. I had two that suffered from lack of water. They wilt and some leaves turned crispy but still green. I watered everything with B1 and silica mixed in with the water except the triplets. Silica jacks up the PH and causes me to use more PH down than ordinary to lower PH. The triplets got hit with bloom mix, organic phosphorus, silica, and liquid and powdered Kool Bloom PH 6.1 1150 ppm. Next watering for them will be the final flush. The buds look good but I can't figure out why I can't get those dark purple hues. I intend to let these flower until it purples ar trichomes look like they wanna start to degrade. The triplets are on their 8th week. Im having humidity issues as we've been having hot ass days lately. gets in the 80s wit AC on.

Flower Day 21, Triplets day 52

Tonite I lightly watered a 1.5 gal pot, a few 1 gallon pots and small cups with H2O/B1/DynaGro silicon solution PH 6.1. Total water used 1.5 gal. The buds on the triplets are swelling nicely. I am concerned about them though. They have gotten their last feeding, everything from here out is water. The resin production is not impressive at this point to me and I don't see any purple hues (be looking to develop those this week) I got this stuff to turn dark purple at the tops b4 with crazy trichomes all over adjacent leaves. All of the coco pots except one have deficiencies and 2 are severely stunted. Here's a pic of the largest named "Rain"
Rain_s_deficiency.JPG
. The problem I face with her is her pot takes a min to dry out(indicating a root problem). And I don't wanna water too much and have problems associated with soggy soil. Don't know what to do with this one. Any suggestions? Obviously she needs nutes N and P mos def, but what do I do if her pot is heavy, slowly drying out, wait and then feed her?

Here's what the triplets' leaves after 1150 PPM final feeding b4 flush look like.
Triplets_leaves_after_1150_PPM_feeding.JPG
Hard to tell from pic but there are many small, golden/brown pock marks (like brown spider mite spots but larger). Looks like nute burn or something but bud aren't affected in the same fashion as the leaves .

These lil ladies couldn't take the heat and lack of water between lights come on.
dried_out.JPG
Culled them out to dry and cook with.

Don't know WTF this is!?!?
What_s_this1.JPG
The white stuff is baking soda that was sprayed because a spot or 2 of powdery mildew was spotted in that area. Here's another shot
What_s_this.JPG

Not sure what this is. I'm thinking is from windburn or something because this one is in the path of the airflow constantly, could be something else.
maybe_wind_burn.JPG

I was also considering clearing out more lower foliage (that is shaded out) so the plants focus more energy on photosynthesis not trying to keep dying leaves alive. Any 1 have an opinion? Well I think that's it for now. There's gonna be a whole lot of watering in the weeks to come. Its been rather warm out this ways as well. Grow room temps have reached the lower 80s w/AC on. Another thing is that about 2-3 days after a heavy watering/feeding there's an obvious humidity spike so I find the need to empty my A/C drainage reservoir daily. I use this water to water plants as well, its like distilled water.vI notice that when this AC rez is less than half full,I need to check pots cus some1's thirsty.
Now lets hear some comments besides "good job". I wanna get some different opinions and see who uses what alternatives and how they work. That kinda stuff, although I do appreciate the encouragement. The more journals I read I've learned that the most difficult ones to follow are often the best. Because they're the best everyone wants to put their 2 cents in or be seen posting in that thread, or just wants to see y it has so many views. The problem with this is that there are so many pages of conversation, good jobs, thread jacks, etc. For me it takes away from the actual info in the journal and the work the person puts into it, but things like advice and questions add to it. Point is I just don't want my journal to turn out that way so when its complete others don't have to go thru the frustration of searching for a post that actually has to do with the grow. So help me make this a journal worth perusing for a noobie. Thanks guys, :peace: time to:rollit:.

My suggestion for you would be to clear up your problem with the ph first before you make any other decisions. When was the last time you flushed and what kind of water did you use? With all of the stuff you've been adding, I am almost certain you have some sort of buildup in the soil which will create nute lockout. What kind of ventilation do you have? Can you add a fan or two to the mix? I also have grown in high humidity. Keeping air moving the girls around keeps them dryer and less likely to grow mold. ;-) I agree with you with the supercropped girls. They spent a lot of time trying to mend themselves, and so they will be behind in growth compared to the rest. You are doing great with being so thorough. I'd give you a rep, but I gotta spread the love.

Flower Day 24, Day 55 triplets

Thanks Ms. Fox. Been working on the PH issue gradually trying to raise it by increasing the PH of of the water/nutes. I have a fan for circulation, exhaust/cool lamp/filter 8'' 419 CFM fan. Intake 6'' Fantek 273 CFM (I think). As far as flushing goes still working on that. I realize i'd been flushing the larger pots wrong. with the volume of the workload flushing will be a challenge. I was contemplating staggering the flushes and only doin a certain amount per day to keep humidity in check. Dunno, what u think?
NE how not much goin on but da good bud bud. Everything looks cool w/the exception of the smaller pots that drink their water faster than i can get to them b4 lights come. Plants are getting tall (use the ac unit as a yardstick, look at older pics and u'll c)
600W_canopy_day_24.JPG
400W_canopy_day_55.JPG

Been trying to let them just grow, kicked back on the supercropping because it apparently delays development. But this 1 in particular is just shooting up there supercropped 2 limbs.
supercroped_dc_x_sc_day_23.JPG

The triplets are comming along but I'm still disappointed. They don't look like they're supposed to. Hopefully u guys will be able to c the difference between the 2 crops. Here's a macro when light just came on
DCxSC_day_55.JPG
PK is small (stunted growth in veg)but the small developing buds are very aromatic espcially when brush up against (i love this smell, but if all were PK, I'd probably get the door kicked in)
Purp_kush_day_23.JPG

And how bizarre, here's Mazar (dunno jus felt like saying it)
mazar_day_23.JPG

I just fed as needed last night bloom mix w/additives as follows ( this is 4 u Munki here u r): 2 gal H2O/10mL micro/10mL grow/30mL bloom/20mL plant amp/remainder of uncle john's blend (approx 10mL supposed to have used 20mL)/half cap of dynagrow silicon solution/20mL Liquid Kool Bloom. Dilluted down to 860 PPM, PH 6.1. Nothing was intentionally water til runoff was acheived. I am watering less (in volume) so I can feed more to push the rest harder than I pushed the triplets.
I'm still contemplating clearing out some lower fans and limbs that get little light, any 1 agree or disagree? if so, y? Only problems so far are high humidity which us difficult because we're getting hot days, warm, days, extremely hot days all in the same week with cold nights. This makes controlling the environment more difficult. Which brings me to my next issue, powdery mildew (PM). PM is annoying to me. It hasn't gotten a foothold and the baking soda and water isn't working to prevent it from spreading as I'd like it to work. I'm thinking about throwing a sulfur burner in for a night. What u guys think? Any other alternatives I should consider? Well I guess that it 4 now. :peace:

Love this pic.
DCxSC_day_55.JPG

I am also having the mold problem and since I do not use any pesticide I am having issues controlling it. I did go out today a bought some Organocide. Its OMRI listed. its 5% Sesame Oil, 92% Edible Fish Oil, 3% Lecithin. All natural ingredients. So I think it will be ok. Not sure if I am going to use it just yet. I will take a look in the morning and see if or how far the mold has spread.. I anyone has any experience with this I would greatly appreciate some feedback. Good luck with you issues. Otherwise you plants look wonderful.

Love this pic.
DCxSC_day_55.JPG

I am also having the mold problem and since I do not use any pesticide I am having issues controlling it. I did go out today a bought some Organocide. Its OMRI listed. its 5% Sesame Oil, 92% Edible Fish Oil, 3% Lecithin. All natural ingredients. So I think it will be ok. Not sure if I am going to use it just yet. I will take a look in the morning and see if or how far the mold has spread.. I anyone has any experience with this I would greatly appreciate some feedback. Good luck with you issues. Otherwise you plants look wonderful.

I hear Grapefruit seed extract mixed with water kills fungi.

Katorica, to answer ur questions

What size pots are you using? Whats the average dried weight your getting off each plant? Looking good.

Pots sizes in 1st post. Don't keep track of dry weight, all plants were started at different ages and sizes. haven't averaged. A harvest never makes its the whole way thru cure. Thank 4 the compliment.

Triplets' Flower Day 57, Day 26 Everything else

Ok, smell is now becoming an issue. On a hot day, a whiff may escape. I have to start rethinking my strategy about this. My filter may be to small. Dunno. But I'm gonna do somethin. What's ironic is that this strain isn't that loud to me. Maybe I've just been around it so long I'm used to it. This is a dangerous thing with indoor. I had that problem with Purple Kush. Got used to it and that strain is extremely loud when grown correctly. I almost got kicked out of the club.

Its amazing how that smell sneaks out and takes over. Sometimes I can swear I smell it when I turn down my street. At that is along way away. I know I am probably a little Paranoid and the smell does not drift that far. When I burp my jars my wife can smell it almost instantaneously down stairs in the kitchen. And that is a long ways. Its crazy and it just lingers for hours. And the worst part is you do get used to it and you don't realize how much it smells until a neighbor or family member walks through the front door and asks "what is that smell." I did go out and bought some ONA Gel it really does work wonders.

Back
Top Bottom