420 Magazine Background

can molasses be used instead of cal/mag

Thread starter #1
Hi guys, just starting my 1st grow and I am wondering if you can use molasses/treacle instead of cal/mag? I am on a very low budget and there are no grow shops near me. Molasses seems to contain high amounts of calcium and magnesium, therefore if used with tomato feed for nutes would this be ok? My medium is going to consist of multi purpose compost with a good helping of perlite. I am going to try to grow moby dick from sensai seeds. Any feedback on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

I wouldn't sub Molassess for Cal/Mg. I wouldn't recommend using Molassess at all actually, Cannabis is sooo sensitive in its flowering stage that its enviroment really shapes the final product meaning if you use harsh tasting and smelling items it will have adverse effects on the outcome most the time. In the case of Molasses this is true, it really ruins the flavor and sometimes aroma as well.
Instead, for Cal/Mg use crushed up egg shells and sprinkle on the top layer of your soil. Egg shells are very high in calcium as well as magnesium, it will do the trick.

If you ever have any more questions or concerns feel free to give me a shout or PM me. :peace:

And welcome to :420: BTW, your in the best place for Cannabis awarness and facts.

I do not know the answer to this question.

Subbed so I can get the answer too.