Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

:high-five: So now I know how you're able to make it to so many journals in one day. You lead foot. :laughtwo:

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Thanks everyone for the comments on the Auto lighting.

Jamthe3, thanks so much for that link to DonPaul.P's trials with them. (Dang I miss him!) He gave some excellent feedback, as well as some other members there.

I think for this grow, because I need the harvest quicker, I'm going to go with a 24/0 schedule as soon as they are potted up.
With the next grow I may try 18/6 in a different room just to see what the difference in yields are and the plant height.

:thanks: everyone

Now on to the next change in the grow. Yep, here where everything changes and it changes everything. LOL

I am popping more beans...

Beans_6-11-15.jpg

I have:
Sleestack Skunk, which were freebies last year.
THC Bomb, which I was not able to complete last year due to the forced end to the grow.

And, there might be an experiment with another grower on one or both of Master Kush x White Widow cross and/or White Widow feminised from White Widow self pollinated.

I'm going to plant mine in the haven and see how they do outdoors, the other grower will try one or both indoors. We'll see if it works out to do that.
We want to see what the differences are in yields, etc.
This should be fun. :)

The picture may be pointless to some....but to me...no picture is pointless. This one is a beautiful pink from LED lighting.:laugh:

Oh, and just for giggles. I had to break into my own outdoor grow.....lost the danged only key to the padlock on the door. It slipped off my key ring at some point yesterday. Had to get the bolt cutters out to get in there. :rofl:

Hi Canna. The Yum Yum formula was developed by an long-time organic gardener in Santa Fe many years ago. For a long time she mixed packaged and distributed it herself. It is a nice balanced amendment that saves folks the trouble of buying many different things and guessing how much of each to use. The woman who developed it grew weary of the work involved and sold the licence to a company called Soil Mender several years ago. The product has remained consistently good. You can Internet search Soil Mender and they have a store locator on their Web site. I already looked and they do not have any distributors in your neck of the woods. If you want some you can order it from cramazon. Locally I picked up a 25# bag for $30 last fall on sale. You pay more for mail order...

As far as the recipe goes Denise already had the compost and wanted to use some so I worked it into her formula in place of a good organic potting soil ( about 25% of my mix is FFOF ) reducing the fraction since compost is richer than the soil. The bulk of the mix should be inert like peat moss, Pro Mix HP or Sunshine #4. To encourage drainage you want a healthy dose of perlite (or lava rock, bio char, rice hulls).

Yum Yum provides most of the food and minerals but I also use some guano and exelerite but bentonite, azomite, etc is also fine. I also add rock phosphate to the flower soil.

Anyway, both Reg's and Denise's mixes differ from the one I use based on what they had on hand or could aquire. In all cases Yum Yum is the feeding foundation. I read through BAR's grow earlier and in 2 liter pots he did have to feed a little, but he could have just top dressed with Yum instead of using Cal Mag and Big Bloom.

In your case you could get some Yum, peat and perlite and use your local bag soil. Some high phosphorus guano would be good to have for flower soil.

Vermiculite is in Reg's mix but not in mine or Denise's. KJC agitated heavily for it's inclusion and who am I to argue with the self proclaimed King? Anyway, if you want me to help you with a mix hit me up in PM. I hate talking about it in the forum because the soil geeks all have their own opinions and muddy the waters to the point that things get to be no fun in a hurry. I'd be happy to help you build a solid complete soil that fits your budget on account of you are a swell Betty but I don'the have either the time or patience to go round and round with a bunch of people with different viewpoints. Better to get 'er done quickly in a budget sensitive manner that takes into account what you can reasonably aquire.

Lucky you Canna. Grab that offer and run. :laughtwo:

<<<...I don'the have either the time or patience to go round and round with a bunch of people with different viewpoints. Better to get 'er done quickly in a budget sensitive manner that takes into account what you can reasonably aquire.[/QUOTE]...>>>

Hey PeeJay, I just wanted to jump in here and tell you just how much I've learned and enjoyed following your journals. I believe that 99.9% of people here on 420 Mag likes what you have to say and the other .01% are not smart enough to know a true grower when they see one. Sorry CannaFan, just wanted to tell PeeJay how I felt.

:love::adore:

PeeJay,
thanks so much for the offer to assist me in my own soil mix! Thanks also for looking in my area on Yum Yum, saves me a trip/call to the nursery, which always costs me money during the time there.
I will PM you in the next couple days with what I have available here to start with. I'm starting completely from plain ol' black dirt from the nursery, I hope that's what you meant by local soil mix. LOL The key word is "budget", what the hell is that? :rofl:
TTFN

RSoiler, brother dear...no apologies necessary here. I totally agree with you. :) Hope you are doing well. Mom is doing great, I can always tell when she's doing great because I never hear from her. Too busy. :laughtwo:

Dennise....well howse' that for coincidence?? Let's see who gets big ol' taproots first. LOL
We've had major rain throughout the night, and it's continuing this morning. Those Wildlings and herbs ought to be "singing in the rain" for awhile. I have a weekend off and have lots of plans on getting soil mix ready and potting up my indoor gals.

There was certainly no shortage of rain last night and today. When I got home from work, I went to check the Haven and the plants look awesome. Some of them have grown higher than their protective cages, so we are now well on our way to good rooted plants that will be filling out.
I'll post some pics tomorrow. I'll be gathering stuff up for my soil mix while the weather allows. Supposed to rain on Sunday too.

I have 3 popped seeds, both Sleestack Skunk and one MK x WW so far.
All of the photo period plants will be going outside. I have a long container that I will plant them in first, and keep them outside to grow. I don't want to use any artificial lighting on these plants. Pure outdoors and sunlight/shade/wind/rain/fog/pollen...and all that stuff. LOL

...I'll be gathering stuff up for my soil mix while the weather allows. Supposed to rain on Sunday too.

I have 3 popped seeds, both Sleestack Skunk and one MK x WW so far.
All of the photo period plants will be going outside. I have a long container that I will plant them in first, and keep them outside to grow. I don't want to use any artificial lighting on these plants. Pure outdoors and sunlight/shade/wind/rain/fog/pollen...and all that stuff. LOL

Might wanna put some pep in your step then as summer solace is upon us

Might wanna put some pep in your step then as summer solace is upon us

Yeah, I'm thinking that myself. Hopefully we don't have an early winter this year too as the days get shorter. LOL
The beans are free, so I'm not worried about wasting money...but I want to see them go full term too.
If all else fails that Haven can be surrounded in plastic and kept warm easily, just like a mini greenhouse.

Yeah, I'm thinking that myself. Hopefully we don't have an early winter this year. LOL
The beans are free, so I'm not worried about wasting money...but I want to see them go full term too.
If all else fails that Haven can be surrounded in plastic and kept warm easily, just like a mini greenhouse.

Hey, I'm all for it. You're basically gonna be growing 12/12 from seed style for the most part though so expect tall trees (single colas) as opposed to bushes would be my guess. I like 12/12 from seed with lots of seeds...never understood why some buy an auto and then lengthen their life going 12/12 instead of just doing a reg seed and speeding her up going 12/12; but then again, I'm old, sinile and leaning towards stupid ta boot.

Hey, I'm all for it. You're basically gonna be growing 12/12 from seed style for the most part though so expect tall trees (single colas) as opposed to bushes would be my guess. I like 12/12 from seed with lots of seeds...never understood why some buy an auto and then lengthen their life going 12/12 instead of just doing a reg seed and speeding her up going 12/12; but then again, I'm old, sinile and leaning towards stupid ta boot.

Oh ya are not!
Be glad you aren't like me....."Too soon Oldt, Too Late Schmart"
:rofl:

I'd settle for ever being young or smart for that matter, lol

Planting dates vary. Some gardeners in New England won't put a seed outdoor in the ground before June 1st.
It is just now sundown at 8:24 local time and the sun has been up since 5AM.
At over 15 hours, that is a full hour more than my previous home in Arizona this time of year :)

Okay Radogast, when my days get shorter I'll be soliciting you to send me some daylight.

I used to have a can of "Florida Sunshine" around here, never did open that up and use it...........

From your post earlier on your off-topic, today might be the day to search it out and pop that can open Canna. :laughtwo:

UPDATE ON ALL PLANTS 6-13-15

First up, the indoor girls.

This plant is the O.S.S. Purple. I don't know why this thing is stretching so much, but it is double the height of all the rest of them. Almost a foot tall, if not just at a foot. I sure hope it doesn't do any more of that nonsense:

update_6-13_7.jpg

The rest of the girls acting quite normal: (the long container in the back has some unknown yet flower seeds in it to germinate)

update_6-13_6.jpg

update_6-13_9.jpg

update_6-13_8.jpg

Lil' Buddha in the kitchen window. I picked up the cup yesterday morning and saw that the plant wobbled almost falling over. (yeah..yea...weebles and all that) When I moved the soil a little around her base, I saw that the major part of her root was just sitting almost at the top of the soil in a sideways flat position. It was not really rooted into the soil at all. I put some more soil in the cup, just almost to the cotyledons and lightly pressed it down. She is now stable. As of today, I can pick the cup up and she stays put. Problematic lil' brat, is what she is. LOL

update_6-13_11.jpg

The seeds...I put the two sleestack skunk in the container after they popped in water and left them overnight and about a half day.
Here's the taproots on them! (including one other seed)

Update_6-13_4.jpg

Now, what I learned today....NEVER EVER use bathroom tissue in place of paper toweling, which I was completely out of on the day I put the seeds there. The TP stuff is too thin, and is so biodegradable that it shreds up very fast. As a result of this, one of the taproots had some of the TP stuck around it. That was not easy to remove without touching that delicate taproot. :bitingnails:

I planted the ones with the long taproots immediately and set them outside in a container with some saran wrap on top to hold in some humidity. Cold day here today, they will need it! I'll plant the rest of the seeds as soon as tap roots are long enough. Only waiting on 3 to pop right now.

update_6-13_5.jpg

WILDLINGS

Here's the kids. They just loved the rain. Was hoping to top dress them today with some special soil mix, but will have to wait a few days on that. Everything outside is still soaking wet and it's still raining today.

update_6-13_3.jpg

These are the two small ones. They're doing great:

update_6-13_2.jpg
Update_6-13_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom