Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Wouldn't you know I had already taken the old CD changer to the dump about a month ago? LOL

However, I found an old Time Lapse VCR recorder and gutted it, I found that is an absolutely perfect fit for everything that needs to go in there. It even has a power cord to use, I will probably put an additional power cord in there. I think I only want two LED units/Fan per cord. I found a couple of heavy duty toggle switches in my electrical box that will work for turning the whole thing on and off....I hope.

I need some opinions on whether these LED units are too close to each other, or any other reasons that this might not work. I don't want to go through the trouble of cutting the metal casing and find out it isn't going to work. :)
I plan to have the fans on the top sunk half in and half out of the housing, or maybe just mounted on top with a hole cut for the air to blow in there.. The power packs are a question, not sure whether to mount those on top or inside the unit with the LED's.
I have no idea how much heat these Clusters generate, so I want to be sure it isn't going to get too hot with the power packs and LED's inside the housing.
LA, do you know if these run hot?

Thanks everybody!

Housing_LED_2.jpg

Housing_LED_1.jpg

wow - great looking housing you have planned !

I would add cooling in stages as needed :
Stage 1 - 2 fans aligned over 2 of the 4 units on a diagonal. If that is not enough,
Stage 2 - add 2 more fans to make it 4 fans. If THAT is not enough,
Stage 3 - add baffles to funnel air closer to the cooling fans.

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Yeah I thought about that one but I looked and didn't have one. Now thinking of tower case. Take metal off but still need a cover. Could leave it open. Want hurt nothing. I like that dc case one I seen. Still thinking of melt cans down make mold of one then amazon lady them for sell . LoL. Once have mold be perfect.

Yeah I thought about that one but I looked and didn't have one. Now thinking of tower case. Take metal off but still need a cover. Could leave it open. Want hurt nothing. I like that dc case one I seen. Still thinking of melt cans down make mold of one then amazon lady them for sell . LoL. Once have mold be perfect.

Oh snap I found tower and the older version flat one. Snap. Thanks canna

How do you melt your metal?

That's not something we all have lying around the house, is it?

Beer cans soda, coke, energy drinks, all aluminum. Same thing they make cast aluminum parts for your car. . Take plaster of Paris and sand mix half n half and make a oven. Gets about 900 degrees. I'll have step in a journal I'm sure I'm making casting for led light. One day

Beer cans soda, coke, energy drinks, all aluminum. Same thing they make cast aluminum parts for your car. . Take plaster of Paris and sand mix half n half and make a oven. Gets about 900 degrees. I'll have step in a journal I'm sure I'm making casting for led light. One day
First going build one with computer like posted here. I need another light asap.

actually yes, steel Spaghetios can, charchoal, aluminum fodder, shop vac reversed for induction and speed while lighting doobie, trowel to dig hole in which to place so doobie induced paranoia stays at bay and a beer just to enjoy saying "wow" while melting and then realizing you'll have to melt again because we never made the mold to cast in...frick'in gosh darn doobie

So ... a bronze age oven, charcoal and a shop vac for a fan source - I can do that :)

actually yes, steel Spaghetios can, charchoal, aluminum fodder, shop vac reversed for induction and speed while lighting doobie, trowel to dig hole in which to place so doobie induced paranoia stays at bay and a beer just to enjoy saying "wow" while melting and then realizing you'll have to melt again because we never made the mold to cast in...frick'in gosh darn doobie

nicely spoken :)

This had all the earmarks of Rocky Raccoon:

Lil_buddha_Pot_dismembered.jpg

I went out to check on Lil Buddha this morning to see if she survived the storm....I'm guessing the storm wasn't her biggest concern.
The dirt, right down to the bottom of the pot had been dug out. She was laying in the midst of it looking pretty dead.
I brought it in, and put it in a cup of water. Within an hour or so she was standing upright-ish.

I waited awhile and decided to try again, this time I topped it with the clay pebbles to keep the raccoon's from thinking there's dirt/worms in there.
She is still a little droopy, but I gave her a stick to use as a crutch. :)
We'll see what happens.

lil_buddha_revitalized_6-22.jpg

And the LED housing project is going slooooowwwww......I had sold most of my power tools when I was out of work. One of them was something I never really found a use for..my cut off tool. Now I need it. LOL
So, I'm doing this with a dremel tool and rusted up cut off wheels. I'm going through about 3 wheels per hole. :laughtwo:

:rofl::rofl:

THAT'S what that picture of the colorful bug I took and posted to the seasons thread last year is!!! I've been searching forever to name that critter.

I just did a little research and mostly people are using insecticides to kill them off, but they are hard to control.
I would venture to try the SNS spider mite or gnat solution spray. There was a site that mentioned they are similar to spider mite damage.....worth a shot?

There's always the greatly diluted dawn dishsoap and water method I guess. That's how I kill moss on my lawn. LOL I would try it on a small area of a plant first to be sure it doesn't harm it.

Hopefully someone has had great results with something proven here.

:circle-of-love:

Edit: You don't have them on the MJ plants do you? I am assuming you were referring to outdoor garden area.

Oh no... I'm certainly talking about a MJ plant.. actually 3 of them... I washed off the areas the bugs were on.... The plants are young enough and stretched so much that it is easy to see them and then they were all dosed with the SNS systemic rosemary stuff.... I emailed the SNS folks and they said that was the best way to treat them.... They are suckers and don't like the rosemary at all.....:circle-of-love:

Oh no... I'm certainly talking about a MJ plant.. actually 3 of them... I washed off the areas the bugs were on.... The plants are young enough and stretched so much that it is easy to see them and then they were all dosed with the SNS systemic rosemary stuff.... I emailed the SNS folks and they said that was the best way to treat them.... They are suckers and don't like the rosemary at all.....:circle-of-love:

U got bugs hun

Originally Posted by Dennise
Oh no... I'm certainly talking about a MJ plant.. actually 3 of them... I washed off the areas the bugs were on.... The plants are young enough and stretched so much that it is easy to see them and then they were all dosed with the SNS systemic rosemary stuff.... I emailed the SNS folks and they said that was the best way to treat them.... They are suckers and don't like the rosemary at all.....

Well, Dennise has given me an idea for a home bug brew. I have some Rosemary growing in the haven. I'm going to make some Rosemary infused spray with it, and use it on the outside girls if they start getting bug problems.

I don't think I have the right SNS products here, so home made will do. :)

I think I'll check the rosemary bush first to see if it has any bugs on it......:laughtwo:
:thanks:

Well, Dennise has given me an idea for a home bug brew. I have some Rosemary growing in the haven. I'm going to make some Rosemary infused spray with it, and use it on the outside girls if they start getting bug problems.

I don't think I have the right SNS products here, so home made will do. :)

I think I'll check the rosemary bush first to see if it has any bugs on it......:laughtwo:
:thanks:

Great idea Canna. If you have any mint, throw some of that in too, why not? My daughter is allergic to rosemary, unfortunately. I weighed the balance between her need to breathe and my need to keep that gorgeous plant........ and she won. :cheesygrinsmiley: After all, we share the balcony, so it wouldn't have been right. :laughtwo:

YEY! Looks like I don't have to form a dead broken top society...

Look who rooted! This is the broken top from one of the Wildlings.

Rooted2.jpg

So, now I'm back to 10 Wildlings. The one this broke off from is thriving and growing new shoots.

I have plans for this after I catch a plant terrorizing woodchuck out by my pond............

Great idea Canna. If you have any mint, throw some of that in too, why not? My daughter is allergic to rosemary, unfortunately. I weighed the balance between her need to breathe and my need to keep that gorgeous plant........ and she won. :cheesygrinsmiley: After all, we share the balcony, so it wouldn't have been right. :laughtwo:

LOL, you would not believe the crop of mint I have out here this year. They went downright crazy, it's everywhere!

I think this turned out fairly decent. I have everything put together and just waiting on a wiring question for LA in a PM to get the power connected and fire this puppy up!

LED_5.jpg

LED_3.jpg

LED_2.jpg

LED_4.jpg

The only problem I had turned out to be a big one. Despite my measuring the areas to cut, I wound up cutting the holes too large and had no place to drill holes matching holes to screw the lights into the frame. Sooooo.........I drilled some holes outside of the square and wired each cluster into place. I put some weather stripping under each of them to help secure them when I tightened the wires. Those lights aren't moving. LOL

I decided to seat the fans on the stripping too, just to help keep noise down. I thought the cushion of the stripping will absorb some of it.

That's about it. It was a LOT of work, but I'm happy with the finished product.

YEY! Looks like I don't have to form a dead broken top society...
Too Funny... :laughtwo:

You are definitely Princess DIY! I would never attempt to build something electrical.

Back
Top Bottom