Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

So ... a bronze age oven, charcoal and a shop vac for a fan source - I can do that :)

Yep

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Good job on that Cana. I'm cutting hole in mine this weekend. Will post it after completed. I have tower tho.

I think this turned out fairly decent. I have everything put together and just waiting on a wiring question for LA in a PM to get the power connected and fire this puppy up!

LED_5.jpg

LED_3.jpg

LED_2.jpg

LED_4.jpg

The only problem I had turned out to be a big one. Despite my measuring the areas to cut, I wound up cutting the holes too large and had no place to drill holes matching holes to screw the lights into the frame. Sooooo.........I drilled some holes outside of the square and wired each cluster into place. I put some weather stripping under each of them to help secure them when I tightened the wires. Those lights aren't moving. LOL

I decided to seat the fans on the stripping too, just to help keep noise down. I thought the cushion of the stripping will absorb some of it.

That's about it. It was a LOT of work, but I'm happy with the finished product.

:circle-of-love:

It ... looks ... mahvelous !

Lord have mercy, Canna....at end of days, I'd definitely want to be living with you...the question is, your place or mine....I really don't think it would matter, our places are so similar......quite uncanny....

Bottom line.....REPS on that housing, girl....electrical shit.....you got kahunas.....and rock it all day long......

I'm with Shawnee. When the end comes I want to be wherever you are. I would never attempt this and you made it look easy. :high-five:

Damn girl. :thumb:

Okay, SS, who will cook who will clean who will fix....we can all move in together, have our own space, grow as a collective, and just be cool...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You all are awesome. Thanks so much for the thumbs up. :)

Sue and Shawnee, I can't tell you how many times I've thought of making this place a "collective" of sorts. LOL But...the winters here.......just wouldn't work out in the end.

I'll post up a pic when I get it "fired" up. ;-)

Edited.
This post was a question on maximum units on one power cord, I have found the answer to my question. After doing some math, I am going to be using two power cords on this unit.
Two power packs per cord.

Going to be a lot of wires to hook up, but I don't want to have to actually USE the fire extinguisher in my grow room. :)

Awesome job Canna! My first glimpse took me back to those days when you would retro-fit nintendo's in anything you could find. Very Cool! :)

Okay, SS, who will cook who will clean who will fix....we can all move in together, have our own space, grow as a collective, and just be cool...:rofl::rofl::rofl:
In my book all three of yous are already too cool. (Shawnee, Cannafan, & Sue)

Edited.
This post was a question on maximum units on one power cord, I have found the answer to my question. After doing some math, I am going to be using two power cords on this unit.
Two power packs per cord.

Going to be a lot of wires to hook up, but I don't want to have to actually USE the fire extinguisher in my grow room. :)
Yeah, what she said.

UPDATE! OMG, IT IS UP AND RUNNING!

I got this completed about an hour ago, and I have it running. I will leave it run for a couple hours before I head for work and check the casing and power plugs for any sign of too much heat. I don't suspect there are going to be any problems now that I decided to use two power leads.

LED_7.jpg

LED_8.jpg

LED_6.jpg

This monster is BRIGHT! I can't even look at it, hurts my eyes. LOL 300w total of LED super plant growing lights!

I have one thing left to do, attach some u-brackets for hanging it. A few drills holes, some screws and some wire...good to go. Well, I think I will secure the power leads down to the frame too, couple of holes and some zip ties ought to do it.

So far everything feels normal, no heat on the wires or equipment. There is a small spider hanging out on one of the plugs at the wall socket. I guess if I see him start sizzling....somethings wrong. :biglaugh:

Can't thank you enough Light Addict! You are one awesome dude. :)

well my god, look at that....Canna, you are a wonder in our world, congratulations, you should be so proud....man alive, you are the best...:goodjob::bravo::yahoo::yahoo:

You're the bomb Partner & can't say enough about you LA.

Okay, for anyone who knows ampere's and maximums for power cords etc.
Here's what I have hooked up.

My power cords are:

1. 18Awgx2c SPT-1

2. 2/18awg SPT-2

The specs on the power adapters:

Input: AC 100-240V
Output V: 50-70v
Output current: 580-630 mA

Each LED cluster is 75 watts

There is one large PC fan connected to each of two power packs. (I couldn't get any info on them, it's on the inside face of the fan out of my view at this moment)

I have two power packs and one fan connected to each power cord.

Is this going to work out?

Okay, for anyone who knows ampere's and maximums for power cords etc.
Here's what I have hooked up.

My power cords are:

1. 18Awgx2c SPT-1

2. 2/18awg SPT-2

The specs on the power adapters:

Input: AC 100-240V
Output V: 50-70v
Output current: 580-630 mA

Each LED cluster is 75 watts

There is one large PC fan connected to each of two power packs. (I couldn't get any info on them, it's on the inside face of the fan out of my view at this moment)

I have two power packs and one fan connected to each power cord.

Is this going to work out?

Each of those power cords is rated for 10 amps up to 50 ft.

You running about 2-3 amps each for under 50ft each - those power cords are rated for 3x what you are drawing - so your power cords are golden :)

Yeah your good

UPDATE 6-27-15 Outdoor grow

Thanks all you great people on the great comments on the LED light! I should be hanging that this weekend after all of this other stuff is done.

I've been busy getting the new kids outside today. I can no longer wait to get the plant shredding critter caught. These plants have to get outdoors if I'm going to have a harvest by winter. LOL
So, I came up with plan "B" while I keep trying to catch him. I have two plants on the pond deck, these are the pots he kept digging into regularly. I put them up on some cheap plastic end tables I had stored in the shed. They are now apparently up too high for him to reach. I tested it for two nights and there was sign of him getting into them.

One is sleestack skunk #1 (the flower pot) and the other is THC Bomb #2 (black pot)

update_6-27_5.jpg

update_6-27_4.jpg

And the rest of them are in a cage.....this is a fold down metal outdoor doggy run cage that I picked up years ago. I have it just off the end of the screened house deck where I can look down and see the plants while I sit out there. Took some major weeding, this area had been neglected a while.
In the cage we have Sleestack Skunk #2, White Widow Fem, THC Bomb #1, Master Kush x White Widow #2, and MK x WW #1

update_6-27_2.jpg

Mr. Woodchuck will not be getting in there.

Now, they have plenty of sunshine and are in their final pots. What I'm battling today....of course...is wind. They hopefully have strong enough stems, but I'll be watching them closely. I have wire supports on most of them, but I fear strong gusts....always something in this state.

Also the wildling top, which I will name "Top Gal" wildling, is in a seedling pot and outside on the porch. She gained major roots in the last two days!

update_6-27.jpg

I will have an update on the Wildlings later.

Almost forgot, this will be Top Gals final home as soon as she's ready. This is an old fermentation crock, the bottom has a major crack in it. It's really big, maybe 20 gallons?
I have a tomato cage and chicken wire around it presently to see if the critter digs it up again. Didn't touch it last night.....so hopefully that does the trick.

update_6-27_3.jpg

:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom