Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Aloha Carcass! I’m high. Had a slight panic attack when I had to catch up 133 pages.. realized I had started on page 1 :laugh: :headbanger: I was surprised you had started a few other strains and everything:hmmmm::cheesygrinsmiley: Anyhoo gonna go to the end of this thread and back track! Hope all is blessed in carcass land!!:love:

I think as long as you add it to your oil you should be fine.
Thanks,chef-
This is the first batch using the liquid LSL- I am going to borrow your syringe idea for future batches-
using a spoon with that stuff is just silly- I think more of it sticks to the spoon than goes into the oil...
then you I make a big mess trying to get it out of the spoon- that's when I found out it doesn't wash off
without a major effort...

realized I had started on page 1
That's sort of on me- the main link in my sig takes you to page 1 - I did it right for my current grow- it takes you to page 126, where the latest effort started...
I was surprised you had started a few other strains and everything
I never want to repeat that first grow- iirc, I planted 3 , and all three ended up male- even the feminized one!

Great to see you,Sunny!

Monday update time!

It's been a good week in the box- No problems in there at all (at least not yet :) )

Here's the usual top-down Saugaview®...Top left,Gelat.OG auto,top right,Alaskan Purple auto,
Btm left, Dr.Seedsman CBD (photo) and btm right,ChemDawg#4 (photo)
1592855056361.jpeg

And another view of the same thing...
1592855139033.jpeg

The little Dr.S. seedling seems small,but,after just sitting there doing nothing for 5 days,it started growing a little on Saturday- just workin on the roots till then, I guess....I'm feeding it just a smidgen of Mega Crop (1g/gal)-it's 8 days old today. It's a little slow,but I think it'll grow out of it soon...
1592855417043.jpeg

The Chem Dawg#4 is growing like a weed- it's going outside as soon as I get it used to the outdoor light schedule- I've been sticking it in the(dark) closet 15 minutes earlier every night for the last 9 days...
so 4 more days of that,and it'll be on the same light schedule as outdoors...hopefully,this helps keep it from flowering as soon as it goes out there, like the last 2 have done...

She's a hungry little plant-being fed 5g/gal.of Mega Crop, and finally getting to be the right shade of green, although I don't think she'll ever be as green as the 2 autos. Also getting 3ml/gal. of Silica Blast-
I'm using tap water now,so I shouldn't need any cal-mag for this crop.She's 29 days old today.
1592855888208.jpeg

And then there's the Alaskan Purple auto-27 days old today,and not quite flowering yet- there's a few pre flowers popping out,so it won't be much longer before she goes for it.
Her training is just about done- the branches have reached the edges of the pot, so now the tiedowns
will just hold things in place while she gets on with flowerting/stretching.
She's being fed 3g/gal Mega Crop+3ml/gal silica blast-I'll boost things up a bit when she really starts flowering, but for now, she's pretty happy with what she's getting...
1592856758024.jpeg

Here's an APa top-she hasn't quite committed to fully flowering yet, but it's coming,probably within the next few days- she did wait long enough for the quad training to be(mostly) done,and that's always a good thing with an auto.
1592858012363.jpeg

And then there's the Gelat.og auto..48 days old, flowering for 15 days- she's getting fed 6g/Mega Crop+.5g Sweet Candy+.25g Bud Explosion+4ml Silca Blast per gallon. (I'm slowly trying to use up my S.C. &B.E.-it probably isn't doing any good, but it's not hurting anything either)
1592857173825.jpeg

And a little silhouette shot of the G.og- It's going to be pretty crowded in there when that AP makes her move. She looks a little spindly now,but give her a few weeks and that'll change
1592857451710.jpeg

Here's one of her little baby buds,with about 6 weeks to go...
1592857807019.jpeg

So that's where stuff is at today!

I hope you all have a great (and safe) week :thumb:

And thanks for looking, I really appreciate the support...:peace:

The box is looking very good, sir.
Thanks,DD! It is getting kind of small in there right now, but that should be (temporarily) fixed in 4 or 5 days when I get the Chem Dawg out of the way...
Looking very nice
Thanks, Smokey- the 2 autos are cooperating well this time, I think in a couple weeks it'll be wall to wall in there....although, wall to wall isn't that far ;)

Plants are looking very great, and congrats on the harvest (nice that you didn't need to trim it given its general appearance!) and the new seed as well. :thumb:

My Chocolope and Power Plant are too small for me to let them flower outside so I'm keeping them under the lights at night. I'll let them go on their own once they start getting bushy after topping.
I add it to the oil- 1 tsp. in the MBM , and then 1 more tsp. in the finished oil, and shake the crap out of it while it's still hot..should I add some to the gummy recipe too?
@Cannasavvy ran an experiment a couple of years ago and the conclusion was that the LSL goes in after infusion, so that will save you a step. As I recall, SweetSue recommended 1Tbs LSL/cup oil so try getting all that into a syringe! I just use a tablespoon. It's a lot easier to wash than the damn MB machine that's for sure!

Your tent is looking fine. I'm especially loving the autos you have going. :thumb: I started my last Gelat.OG seed a couple days ago. Looks like it cracked open, but still no tap root yet. Fingers crossed.
This is the first batch using the liquid LSL- I am going to borrow your syringe idea for future batches-
using a spoon with that stuff is just silly- I think more of it sticks to the spoon than goes into the oil...
then you I make a big mess trying to get it out of the spoon- that's when I found out it doesn't wash off
without a major effort...
Make sure the oil is hot when mixing in the lecithin. It dissolves more quickly and comes off the spoon better as well. I only make 2 oz of oil at a time so I only use 1/4 tsp. I'm sure that helps me keep the mess to a minimum.
The little Dr.S. seedling seems small,but,after just sitting there doing nothing for 5 days,it started growing a little on Saturday-
If I remember correctly, mine started out slow too, but it's now my bushiest (and best looking) plant going.

G'mornin carcass and all :passitleft: Wake and baked some bubba kush. Store bought, it's ok. My main harvest comes in the fall.I'm running low on the bud that I got from the last two girls I chopped from my little tent and I haven't made any oil in my MBM yet but I have made tincture twice. What exactly does lecithin do? Does it make it more potent? Can't wait to make gummies this fall. The tinc I made was a combo of Purple Punch and do si do. This mix is really stony whether smoked, vaped or ingested. Have a great day everyone and where can I get that tincture gummy recipe?

G'mornin carcass and all :passitleft: Wake and baked some bubba kush. Store bought, it's ok. My main harvest comes in the fall.I'm running low on the bud that I got from the last two girls I chopped from my little tent and I haven't made any oil in my MBM yet but I have made tincture twice. What exactly does lecithin do? Does it make it more potent? Can't wait to make gummies this fall. The tinc I made was a combo of Purple Punch and do si do. This mix is really stony whether smoked, vaped or ingested. Have a great day everyone and where can I get that tincture gummy recipe?
Lecithin helps bind water and oil together. I used to skip it on most of my cannabutter, but seems like the right idea in the infused oils.

The lecithin does more than just emulsify oil and water. It occupies some of the enzymatic pathways in your liver so that more of the cannabinoids make it to your blood stream. My anecdotal experience leads me to believe that edibles made with lecithin hit harder and faster than those without. Especially when coupled with coconut oil as the carrier

The lecithin does more than just emulsify oil and water. It occupies some of the enzymatic pathways in your liver so that more of the cannabinoids make it to your blood stream. My anecdotal experience leads me to believe that edibles made with lecithin hit harder and faster than those without. Especially when coupled with coconut oil as the carrier
That’s great to know, thank you!

Thanks chef! I use coconut oil but have not used lecithin. When I got my MBM I also got some sunflower lecithin and will use it the next time I make oil. :passitleft:

Aloha and Good Morning Carcass!! I hope you woke up feeling wonderful and all is blessed in carcass land!! I’m high.. Again (Something of a medically fueled hobby of mine) :bong: Morning cruz post Father’s Day to get my head together.

950C80C7-6A3C-4D51-89BF-4259CF6DC0F4.jpeg

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
:passitleft::passitleft::passitleft::passitleft:

Thank you for the gummy recipe. Works like a charm!
You're welcome! Your gummies look great!
As I recall, SweetSue recommended 1Tbs LSL/cup oil
I thought that's what she said, but then I read the instructions that come with the MBM ,and it said one teaspoon per cup of oil.
That was an odd experience.... reading instructions.... :oops:
I started my last Gelat.OG seed a couple days ago
I hope it pops for you-it gave me till day 33 before it started flowering,and that's just about perfect if
you're quadlining it.
If I remember correctly, mine started out slow too, but it's now my bushiest (and best looking) plant going.
I've seen your Dr.Seedsman-that thing is a beauty!-Mine's got roots out the bottom of the cup already,and it's finally noticeably bigger(but still small)- I figure it's growing all those roots first because it plans on getting huge,and it's gonna need them to support it's immense bulk a little later on...;)....that's what I hope happens, anyway:)
What exactly does lecithin do?
I thought it binds the thc to the oil, but there's more to it than that (as @ChefDGreen will clarify in a minute...)
Have a great day everyone and where can I get that tincture gummy recipe?
If you mean my recipe for gummies, it's here . I don't have a recipe for use with tinctures though, just oil.
Lecithin helps bind water and oil together.
And also does some other good stuff...(I just found out )
The lecithin does more than just emulsify oil and water. It occupies some of the enzymatic pathways in your liver so that more of the cannabinoids make it to your blood stream.
Thanks,Chef- I had no idea it also did that- now I've just got to get my quantities right...
I’m high.. Again (Something of a medically fueled hobby of mine)
Hi, Sunny - things are looking great in paradise!
Me too...it probably could be for a medical problem, but at the moment, I'm just high for no good reason-that happens a lot...:lot-o-toke:

High carcass... hope you don’t mind me picking up a ton of quotes while I caught up
2 cups of refined coconut oil,and a tsp of Liquid Sunflower Lecithin.
SweetSue recommended 1Tbs LSL/cup oil so try getting all that into a syringe!
what shed said! Yes 1tblsp /per cup. Ive see 1tsp writtten as well, in other places. I aim for somewhere in between without being too concerned these days. But i definitely use more than a teaspoon/cup
Make sure the oil is hot when mixing in the lecithin. It dissolves more quickly and comes off the spoon better as well
:thumb: this! A tablespoon mixed in while oil is still warm is easy and comes out clean - the heat is your friend. I actually do it in the MBM - mix in the LSL. Then I know the leftover mash has it as well ;)...

speaking of leftover mash

isn't a picture of a dog turd in a little bowl.... :)
:laughtwo: you did a great job of making it look like one tho!
capsules maybe?( I'm open to ideas)
Yes!
some people bake with it
Yes!
batch of brownies
Yes!
instructions that come with the MBM
ARe a bit odd actually and have a bit of stuff that doesn’t seem quite right.
thought it binds the thc to the oil,

Yes - the main reason we use the LSL in infused oil is that it binds the cannbinoid molecules to the oil molecules and enables their uptake in the system to be very much more efficient because of that. So when we use it in the infused oils, it is primarily to enhance bioavailability.

And by the way, The garden is looking wonderful! :D

! Yes 1tblsp /per cup.
Thanks, Amy- a tbsp per cup is what it'll be from now on!

So, the batch that I just made has 1 tsp per cup-do you think I should warm the oil up and add 4 more tsps to the 2+ cups of oil?- I could just heat the jar in some hot water to warm it up first, so it dissolves well...
And then shake the crap out of it,of course.... :)

Sure! If you still have the oil unused then adding some more LSL is a great idea.
heat the jar in some hot water to warm it up first, so it dissolves well.
:thumb: That should work!

you can get the oil quite warm without damaging it. And I always try to remember to take the LSL out of the fridge many hours before i need it. ;)

Sure! If you still have the oil unused then adding some more LSL is a great idea.
Thanks,Amy!
I didn't know I should keep the LSL in the fridge either,so I've learned a couple things today-I'll just get it out when I get the oil out to warm up before I use it -that LSL must be ridiculously thick when it's cold....

Back
Top Bottom