Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Speaking of a 2 gallon plant in a 10 gallon pot....

That little outside plant is dry now- ugly buds because I left the sugar leaves on...
1592417982517.jpeg

So 4.6oz/129g- about 1/3 of that is the sugar leaves, so like 3oz of actual buds ...

And, I'm all out of jars, so this one's going to be stored in an oven bag- there won't be much curing going on-
it's a little too dry for that (dried about 1 day too long), but it's all going to be used for oil, so it doesn't really matter...
1592418894757.jpeg

I smoked up the little gob of scissor hash the other evening, and a little bud last night- got stoned af both nights, so I'd say it's pretty good 2 hit stuff ....

That's all I've got right now...
Thanks for looking, and have a great week!

NIce tray of tasty-looking flowers there Carcass :yummy: :ciao:
Thanks,Amy !
They're a bit leafy, but they'll work fine for oil!
I thought I overdried them, but the RH in the oven bag is 62% this morning- so there won't be much curing happening, but they should store well- I'm making some more oil right now, but I'm using a couple oz's of my older stuff for it- some of it is almost a year old- don't want it to get stale... ;)
Looks yummy from over here!
Thanks, Candy - There was supposed to be a lot more of it, but that plant had other ideas
Delicious!
Thank you,DD!- it will be pretty tasty when I convert it to gummies!
(right now, uncured and leafy, It tastes exceptionally bad..)

Hello Carcass. :passitleft: Nice buds. Do you use cocoanut oil? I got a new toy, an MBM, but so far only tinctures have been produced. What recipe are you using for your gummies? I saw one from ChefDgreen. Planning on making lots of stuff after harvest this fall. Have a good day.

Hi, Fred!
Do you use cocoanut oil?
Yes, the refined stuff (solid at room temp)- it makes for less greasy gummies, and it's metabolized faster than other oils, so the effects kick in a little bit faster .
What recipe are you using for your gummies?
My recipe is based on @Preston9mm 's recipe, but with a bit more oil,and I substitute sugar free jello
in place of one pkg of regular jello (you need 2 pkgs)

I guess there's no reason I can't just post it here:

You'll need:
1 pkg sugar free jello mix (0.6 oz size)
1pkg regular (with sugar) jello mix (3 oz size)
2 packets plain gelatin
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup infused oil (I infuse 1oz. mj per cup of oil)

Put all the dry ingredients in a pan, add the water and corn syrup.

Heat it on medium heat,stirring constantly,till it just starts to boil around the edges.

All the powdered stuff should be well dissolved before adding the oil...<-----Important!

Add the oil and keep stirring till it just starts to boil again,then remove from the heat.

At this point,you're gonna say "this shit ain't working-the oil is just floating on top"

So, to remedy this, you keep stirring while the mixture cools just a little- as it cools it will thicken up a bit,
and the oil will start to mix in- this is what you want.
Once all the oil is mixed in, it's time to make some gummies...

Now, you need to hurry just a little so it doesn't set up before you get it into the molds.

Pour the mix into a squirt bottle (put a glove on,it's hot) , fill your gummy molds,and stick them in the freezer.

There will be some of the mixture stuck in the squirt bottle and in the pan- you can either just wash it out, or you can eat it for a nice buzz- just don't eat too much-it's easy to end up "too high" if you're not careful.

After they set up, pop them out of the molds into a tupperware container, or anything with a lid that seals.

You can store them at room temp,but they get a little oily above 78f ,so I keep them in the freezer.

and there ya go!

*Strawberry Banana jello does a real good job of (almost) hiding the cannabis taste.

Speaking of a 2 gallon plant in a 10 gallon pot....

That little outside plant is dry now- ugly buds because I left the sugar leaves on...
1592417982517.jpeg

So 4.6oz/129g- about 1/3 of that is the sugar leaves, so like 3oz of actual buds ...

And, I'm all out of jars, so this one's going to be stored in an oven bag- there won't be much curing going on-
it's a little too dry for that (dried about 1 day too long), but it's all going to be used for oil, so it doesn't really matter...
1592418894757.jpeg

I smoked up the little gob of scissor hash the other evening, and a little bud last night- got stoned af both nights, so I'd say it's pretty good 2 hit stuff ....

That's all I've got right now...
Thanks for looking, and have a great week!

Wow..

I just got my own cardboard box lol and yours is an inspiration!! I may have the cardboard box but I don't have the hands or the eyes yet to do what you do.

Congratulations!!

:Namaste:

Carcass don’t forget the liquid sunflower lecithin. I know you typically add yours when making your oil, but not everyone does. It will help emulsify the oil much much easier as well.

I just got my own cardboard box lol and yours is an inspiration!!
Sweet! If you need any advice setting it up, I'm full of it... :)
Carcass don’t forget the liquid sunflower lecithin.
Thanks, Chef!
I got it- I was using granulated soy lecithin, but now I've got the liquid sunflower stuff...
Man...that stuff is messy- It's like a cross between molasses and motor oil!

Sweet! If you need any advice setting it up, I'm full of it... :)

Thanks, Chef!
I got it- I was using granulated soy lecithin, but now I've got the liquid sunflower stuff...
Man...that stuff is messy- It's like a cross between molasses and motor oil!
You ain’t lyin’. I like to use a syringe to deal with it, much less hassle. When I said don’t forget, I just meant for the recipe.. so everyone can make sure to add that. It’s a very important emulsifier

Appreciate it @carcass :Namaste:

Here it is. Will stay away from discussing the product/brand of lights, just to be on the safe side of the policies here. I have no affiliation with the company and no incentive to promote them. In any case, specs-wise, each panel is 15W, with Samsung lm301bs and adjustable power. I have the bottom 4 on at 40% each and the plants seem very happy. They currently are getting between 12-15k lux at the leaves, according to my meter.

I'm trying side-lighting to maximize the surface area exposed to the lights. Training is gonna be interesting but I have an idea or two...

EDIT: if anyone is interested, my (first) journal is here. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing but have received fantastic guidance from people here, and have done as much homework as I can. Look forward to learning even more :Namaste:

I just meant for the recipe.
Do you add it to the gummy fixins?- I add it to the oil- 1 tsp. in the MBM , and then 1 more tsp. in the finished oil, and shake the crap out of it while it's still hot..should I add some to the gummy recipe too?

I was going to do a little picture thing of the infusion process anyway, so I might as well do it now (just finished about a half hour ago...)

This isn't very detailed, because I forgot to take a few pics, but folks should get the general Idea...

First, weigh out your material...
This is 60g of buds - 28g Seedsman cheese, 7g Alaskan Purple, 7g GDPxGumberry, 7g LRx ,8g Northern Lights, and 3g of misc samplers that I had sitting around.
1592599687653.jpeg

I use @InTheShed 's aluminum foil packet method for decarbing the buds- nice because you can use it over and over- this is the third time around for this one.
1592599808355.jpeg

Seal it up,and decarb in the oven for 1.5hrs. @ 240f

Then it goes into the MBM, along with 2 cups of refined coconut oil,and a tsp of Liquid Sunflower Lecithin.
Ran it for 8 hours yesterday, and another 4 hours this morning- sorry,but no "before infusing" pics...
1592600162447.jpeg

This is what you end up with, and this is the beginning of the messy part...
1592600234787.jpeg

Sorry, but my hands got too oily to pick up the camera while I was actually straining it, but this is the straining apparatus-the MBM comes with a #190 strainer,and I fold it over to sit on top of the measuring cup
1592600409666.jpeg

So,after I got it all strained and in the jar, (and my hands washed) I added another tsp. of the LSL, and shook it up for a minute or so to blend it in..
1592600545132.jpeg

No, this isn't a picture of a dog turd in a little bowl.... :) this is what's left of the 2oz of pot I started out with...
1592600738486.jpeg

I usually just throw this away- I hate to, because I know there's a lot of THC in it-but,other than just eating it with a spoon, I'm not sure how it can be utilized....capsules maybe?( I'm open to ideas)

Here's the finished product- a little over 2 cups of pretty strong oil -apx. 500 gummies worth!
1592601161211.jpeg

And that's all there is to it...I just made gummies last week, so I won't need this stuff for awhile,but I like to be prepared....

Thanks for looking- and have a great (and safe) weekend!

I'm trying side-lighting to maximize the surface area exposed to the lights.
That's something I've considered doing, so I'll be watching to see how well it works...
It sure can't hurt-things get pretty dark toward the bottom when the plants get bigger and leafier...
Is that a light at the top,or a fan?

That's something I've considered doing, so I'll be watching to see how well it works...
It sure can't hurt-things get pretty dark toward the bottom when the plants get bigger and leafier...
Is that a light at the top,or a fan?

Would love another eye on it!! It's my first proper grow.

It's the exhaust fan at the top, with an affixed empty yoghurt pot (lol). Just a placeholder as I think through the carbon filter possibilities...

Perfect place for that exhaust-I exhaust mine out the sides (toward the top) so I need 2 fans .
Fortunately, the smell isn't something I need to worry about- it was a problem to Mrs.C. at first,but now she doesn't even smell it (or she just doesn't mention it if she does).
One idea I would throw out there, is maybe angle the top 2 lights downward at about 75 degrees,
so the tops get a bit of intense light- especially needed when you get some buds forming.

Do you add it to the gummy fixins?- I add it to the oil- 1 tsp. in the MBM , and then 1 more tsp. in the finished oil, and shake the crap out of it while it's still hot..should I add some to the gummy recipe too?

I was going to do a little picture thing of the infusion process anyway, so I might as well do it now (just finished about a half hour ago...)

This isn't very detailed, because I forgot to take a few pics, but folks should get the general Idea...

First, weigh out your material...
This is 60g of buds - 28g Seedsman cheese, 7g Alaskan Purple, 7g GDPxGumberry, 7g LRx ,8g Northern Lights, and 3g of misc samplers that I had sitting around.
1592599687653.jpeg

I use @InTheShed 's aluminum foil packet method for decarbing the buds- nice because you can use it over and over- this is the third time around for this one.
1592599808355.jpeg

Seal it up,and decarb in the oven for 1.5hrs. @ 240f

Then it goes into the MBM, along with 2 cups of refined coconut oil,and a tsp of Liquid Sunflower Lecithin.
Ran it for 8 hours yesterday, and another 4 hours this morning- sorry,but no "before infusing" pics...
1592600162447.jpeg

This is what you end up with, and this is the beginning of the messy part...
1592600234787.jpeg

Sorry, but my hands got too oily to pick up the camera while I was actually straining it, but this is the straining apparatus-the MBM comes with a #190 strainer,and I fold it over to sit on top of the measuring cup
1592600409666.jpeg

So,after I got it all strained and in the jar, (and my hands washed) I added another tsp. of the LSL, and shook it up for a minute or so to blend it in..
1592600545132.jpeg

No, this isn't a picture of a dog turd in a little bowl.... :) this is what's left of the 2oz of pot I started out with...
1592600738486.jpeg

I usually just throw this away- I hate to, because I know there's a lot of THC in it-but,other than just eating it with a spoon, I'm not sure how it can be utilized....capsules maybe?( I'm open to ideas)

Here's the finished product- a little over 2 cups of pretty strong oil -apx. 500 gummies worth!
1592601161211.jpeg

And that's all there is to it...I just made gummies last week, so I won't need this stuff for awhile,but I like to be prepared....

Thanks for looking- and have a great (and safe) weekend!

Amazing! I wonder what it would take to get that last bit of THC from the leftover residue. Probably involves alcohol?

Perfect place for that exhaust-I exhaust mine out the sides (toward the top) so I need 2 fans .
Fortunately, the smell isn't something I need to worry about- it was a problem to Mrs.C. at first,but now she doesn't even smell it (or she just doesn't mention it if she does).
One idea I would throw out there, is maybe angle the top 2 lights downward at about 75 degrees,
so the tops get a bit of intense light- especially needed when you get some buds forming.

Yeah I'm playing around with having the filter pulled through vs having it pushed through. I'm some time off needing to worry about it but I want to be prepared..

Yes I've seen side-lighting configurations with the top panels angled as you describe! Is the concern here that the growth-tips/bud sites might not get enough direct light?

Appreciate all this!

Nice oil prep carcass. :thumb: I don’t go too overboard trying to use all the THC in the mash. I know some people bake with it, but for me, I don’t care much for the flavor. But I do strain my oil with a piece of cheesecloth, then I soak the mash (still in cheesecloth) in hot water like a teabag. Then add honey and mr h drinks it. Your oil is about twice as strong as I make mine, so do keep that in mind! A nice little reward for making oil ;)

Thanks,HH!
The tea with honey is a good idea -I tasted a little bit of it, and eating it definitely isn't the way to do it...
Mrs.C. has a bunch of cheesecloth she used to use for cooking, so I'll give it a try.
Not today though- I just had a gummy, and it was one of the big ones....:lot-o-toke:

Nice looking oil there carcass... what comes to mind for your left over goo... you could do caps like you said... or you could try a batch of brownies with a bit of that mixed in... add a tbsp to pasta sauce, or cream sauce... I’m sure you could sneak it in anywhere you might be inclined to.

as far as LSL in the oil and gummies.. I think as long as you add it to your oil you should be fine. I’ve been doing alcohol tincture gummies, so I add the LSL as part of the gummy procedure.

Back
Top Bottom