Closet Farming With Barney's Gorilla Zkittlez, G13 Haze, Triple Cheese & More

:D Great to see you Amy.
I'm hoping to get into making oils and tinctures very soon. I was actually reading SweetSue's olive oil extraction earlier today. I need to find a sitter for the kids once I have everything on hand. I don't want them around especially if I end up making tinctures.

I'm having trouble finding lecithin around me , I may have to order it.
I followed Amy’s pain oil tutorial and it was great. Very easy to follow. It works too, you may want to check into that too VG? Doesn’t get you high, so it’s mentally hard to use good buds, but it helps Mr. H with his chronic pains. I used it when I had a muscle tension headache and it helped me too. Maybe it could help as an alternative for mm relaxers?

I followed Amy’s pain oil tutorial and it was great. Very easy to follow. It works too, you may want to check into that too VG? Doesn’t get you high, so it’s mentally hard to use good buds, but it helps Mr. H with his chronic pains. I used it when I had a muscle tension headache and it helped me too. Maybe it could help as an alternative for mm relaxers?
I will definitely check it out. I have soooo much trim to use up.
I don't really want to be on these pills. I'm going the self medication route so I'm going to try various methods. I really want to make a balm or cream as well. There are just so many preparations, I don't know which to try first.

I will definitely check it out. I have soooo much trim to use up.
I don't really want to be on these pills. I'm going the self medication route so I'm going to try various methods. I really want to make a balm or cream as well. There are just so many preparations, I don't know which to try first.
You know I’ll chime in with just my 2¢ (but I’ll support whatever you choose!) from what I’ve read, I think the pain oil would be the best thing for you to try (topically) first. Balms and creams have ingredients that impede the absorption (Amy, or anyone, please correct me if I’m wrong here), but the pumpkinseed and grape seed oils have the best penetration with least amount of residue. That’s why I ended up going with that first, for Mr. H.

You know I’ll chime in with just my 2¢ (but I’ll support whatever you choose!) from what I’ve read, I think the pain oil would be the best thing for you to try (topically) first. Balms and creams have ingredients that impede the absorption (Amy, or anyone, please correct me if I’m wrong here), but the pumpkinseed and grape seed oils have the best penetration with least amount of residue. That’s why I ended up going with that first, for Mr. H.
Cool, it will give me time to read and re-read and gather the necessary supplies. Thanks hun.

may have to order it.
Yes - i did too. I get the Now brand, which i think comes from the US
helps Mr. H with his chronic pains.

OMG I’m so pleased to hear this! :love:
Balms and creams have ingredients that impede the absorption (Amy, or anyone, please correct me if I’m wrong here), but the pumpkinseed and grape seed oils have the best penetration with least amount of residue. That’s why I ended up going with that first, for Mr. H.
You’re spot on Heavenly. Both Shed and I prefer to leave our topical as oil for exactly that reason - direct access! (At first I did that just becasue it’s lees work, turns out it’s a better effect too! win-win!)

VG - the dosing oil is also linked in my signature. I say there that it’s best to use good buds but that’s not imperative. But if you make a topical oil with larfy stuff, make sure you use a lot. You want it fairly strong. The topical works well for me for many kinds of pain (not to mention its excellent for the complexion as well :battingeyelashes:) it’s my dosing oils that are really dealing with some height pain levels at the moment.

Recently I’ve started a new ‘protcol’ because i kept reading everywhere that a 1:1 CBD:THC ratio is the magic bullet for pain, both chronic and acute. I can attest to that! I have made oils of alll THC and one of all Candida (20:1 CBD) and I take 1ml of each at a time and it has changed my days like I wouldn’t have believed. I can’t have alcohol so don’t do tinctures (I made one once, but it burns and i’m A bit allergic so, oils it is)

I’d add to my dosing oil recipe that next time i plan to do the infusion, let it sit for 8hours-ish and then do another infusion. Recent evidence suggests this will get more out the buds :)

Process wise - there is lots of down time. Decarb takes a couple of hours just in the oven adn same witht he infusion, which is a 4-8hour process sometimes done twice. You can also make quite small batches which is handy for trying things out. I hope you can get someg8thng going soon - the pain levels i used to have reduced me to non-function most of the time. I am pretty functional a lot of teh time now :thumb: (geez I’m verbose today... blah blah blah... :D )

Yes - i did too. I get the Now brand, which i think comes from the US

OMG I’m so pleased to hear this! :love:

You’re spot on Heavenly. Both Shed and I prefer to leave our topical as oil for exactly that reason - direct access! (At first I did that just becasue it’s lees work, turns out it’s a better effect too! win-win!)

VG - the dosing oil is also linked in my signature. I say there that it’s best to use good buds but that’s not imperative. But if you make a topical oil with larfy stuff, make sure you use a lot. You want it fairly strong. The topical works well for me for many kinds of pain (not to mention its excellent for the complexion as well :battingeyelashes:) it’s my dosing oils that are really dealing with some height pain levels at the moment.

Recently I’ve started a new ‘protcol’ because i kept reading everywhere that a 1:1 CBD:THC ratio is the magic bullet for pain, both chronic and acute. I can attest to that! I have made oils of alll THC and one of all Candida (20:1 CBD) and I take 1ml of each at a time and it has changed my days like I wouldn’t have believed. I can’t have alcohol so don’t do tinctures (I made one once, but it burns and i’m A bit allergic so, oils it is)

I’d add to my dosing oil recipe that next time i plan to do the infusion, let it sit for 8hours-ish and then do another infusion. Recent evidence suggests this will get more out the buds :)

Process wise - there is lots of down time. Decarb takes a couple of hours just in the oven adn same witht he infusion, which is a 4-8hour process sometimes done twice. You can also make quite small batches which is handy for trying things out. I hope you can get someg8thng going soon - the pain levels i used to have reduced me to non-function most of the time. I am pretty functional a lot of teh time now :thumb: (geez I’m verbose today... blah blah blah... :D )
That's fantastic Amy, thank you eternally.
A quick question, I have endometriosis and was wondering if you knew of any strains that would work for the topical? Just anything high CBD?

I’d say a THC one even. THC is very effective for pain in a topical, more sp than CBD (although I’m about to start experimenting with adding CBD to it).

I have also read a bit about dosing internally via the ‘nether-regions’ being effective for endo as well. I’ll go back to that and see of I can find any more info. In the meantime for a topical oil, strain doesn’t matter so much, just strength and you want high THC.

But if it’s dosing oil or something to smoke or vape, Blue Dream is a total winner for issues with menses. Winner for cramps and aches etc. Thankfully those days are behind me now - one big perk of maturing ;) I had borderline endo all my life, I feel your pain and distress. It’s just awful.

I would not be at all surprised if the right dosing regimen for the other pain related to your skeletal issues ends up helping to reduce some other things as well. That has happened for me - almost magical, except I know it’s not. It’s just how cannabis works. The ‘right’ balance of dosing(s) helps bring things in the body into balance (‘right’ being whatever works for you!). Our endocannbionoid system is what is responsible for bringing all the other systems (CNS, ANS, gastro, endocrine, etc.) into balance with each other, that’s its job, so finding the sweet spots can have a very wide range of benefits. Takes time cause everyone has to wrk out their own, but I’ve had improvements all along the way - even when I first started and had no idea what i was doing :D

Ok, my Lemon Og Candy is supposed to be around 20% thc with 1% CBN and my upcoming Gorilla Zkittlez is rather strong as well at 24%. I have no idea about their CBD content but they should work.

I sure appreciate your help as well as Hybrids.

:thumb: It always amuses me a bit when breeders list CBN. The quantity of CBN is totally dependent on how ripe the THC gets during bloom and cure/storage, it’s a product of THC degrading. It’s a useful one fro sleep which is why folk like to let things go amber. Amber indicates CBN. SO a breeder can’t really say how much CBN because every plant will be different and it’s not determined by genetics. But yes, i’ll Shut up now :laughtwo:, either of those will make for a great topical... mmm abdominal topical rub
:meditate:

:ciao:

:thumb: It always amuses me a bit when breeders list CBN. The quantity of CBN is totally dependent on how ripe the THC gets during bloom and cure/storage, it’s a product of THC degrading. It’s a useful one fro sleep which is why folk like to let things go amber. Amber indicates CBN. SO a breeder can’t really say how much CBN because every plant will be different and it’s not determined by genetics. But yes, i’ll Shut up now :laughtwo:, either of those will make for a great topical... mmm abdominal topical rub

Fantastic. I'm looking forward to trying this Amy. I appreciate you doing such a thorough job on your tutorial. I should have no problems, you were very clear in your directions.
:thanks:

Have u tried an Instant pot for oils yet?

Are u basically using a dbl boiler method? With pre decarb of flowers?

I just LOVE my IP, sooo soooo soooo easy and simple cleanup

Used the MB2, just a mess to clean and makes wayyyyyy to much for me

Did like the oven oil, did the 32hr one, worked well but too forever

Did the dbl boiler method with decarb 1st, just a lot of hands on and I'm lazy ..lol

IP is the way to go, can do 4oz of oil, or 32oz, decarbs it, easy to clean, no smell

Yup yup yup

I just LOVE my IP, sooo soooo soooo easy and simple cleanup

Used the MB2, just a mess to clean and makes wayyyyyy to much for me

Did like the oven oil, did the 32hr one, worked well but too forever

Did the dbl boiler method with decarb 1st, just a lot of hands on and I'm lazy ..lol

IP is the way to go, can do 4oz of oil, or 32oz, decarbs it, easy to clean, no smell

Yup yup yup
What model # or size do you use?

Cool, it will give me time to read and re-read and gather the necessary supplies. Thanks hun.
I'm currently running a batch of pain oil. I did a half-assed rundown in the cooking thread. I just fired up the MB2 this morning to finish the run.

I'll throw together a decent tutorial as well.
:thumb:

What model # or size do you use?

Mine is a 6qt, but for cooking I'd get a 8qt in hindsight...love it for cooking too
I can cook anything...cept boiled eggs...lol...but this cooks eggs FANTASTIC....lol

A 4qt would be fine for just oils though

I run mine on high pressure for 2hrs, let is self cool, either overnight, or like 2hrs, then run it again same same

The oil is fantastic, better than the other process I've used, cleaner, and NO smell
IMG_20190621_080859.jpg

I'm currently running a batch of pain oil. I did a half-assed rundown in the cooking thread. I just fired up the MB2 this morning to finish the run.

I'll throw together a decent tutorial as well.
:thumb:
Thanks P. I have to do everything in oven or stovetop right now. I was looking at instant pots and MB2 machines. I think I'm going to go with IP because of price, I can't afford an MB2. I can't really afford either, too many summer birthdays and I'm broke as a joke. Lol.
Any recipe that I do right now has to be the long hard way. I'm sure I could adapt most recipes for stove/oven.

Back
Top Bottom