Colombian Gold Grow: Come Learn With Me How To Produce Your Own Seeds!

I've decided to work with a new strain I was gifted about 10 days ago. The strain is Royal Gorilla from Royal Queen Seeds and available through my favorite 420 magazine seed sponsor @SeedsMan . This was given to me in clone form. It was very clean and very healthy when I received it. On Sunday night after things settled down around here I decided to take two cuttings off the Royal Gorilla plant. Since I planted them they've not skipped a beat. The leaves today actually were raised up towards the CFL lights.

So I decided it was time to start weening them from their domes. Weening a cutting simply means to take off their humidity dome for short periods of time and then replacing the domes at the end of that short period. I usually wait till the third day but these Royal Gorilla cuttings are on an accelerated program. I have the time to do this because I am (R*#$&^*) and have lots of free time in the winter. So here is a photo of the two cuttings the moment I took off their domes.

And here they are exactly 30 minutes later. I'm thinking they didn't care much for having had their domes removed.

So I replaced their domes and lightly misted them. Here they are exactly 30 minutes later. Amazing plants! All perked back up and saying "That all you got, Mister?" So I took off their domes again and set the timer for 30 minutes.

When the alarm went off after the second 30 minute period I walked back to check on them and I thought to myself how droopy will they be? Both Sue and I were amazed when we saw them.

They looked nearly perfect. I'll try to do this at least two more times this evening. Tomorrow I will see if I can get them to go 45 minutes outside their domes and still look good.

This morning I harvested a bud off the last remaining auto flower seed carrying plant the Gorilla Glue. The plant is definitely ready (70 days from sprout) to be harvested with the majority of the crystals being milky. But looking closely at the 15 seeds I pulled out of the bud I am going to wait another week to harvest another bud. The seeds I feel will sprout and grow just fine. I just like them to be a little bit darker personally.

I've been drying the Tangerine Dream buds using the slow method. This is the method where you put the buds into the paper bags but don't put them into the fridge for the low part of the low and slow method. I have the bags sitting on my work desk upstairs drying as I've been informed that drying them in the fridge is no longer an option. Since the buds are so fluffy and airy I opened the bags to inspect the buds and found most of them as dry as I like them. Some still need a little more drying time. One of the dried buds I picked up started spitting out seeds. I kept squeezing and she kept popping out seeds...….17 in total. How the heck did I miss that? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom