Colombian Gold Grow: Come Learn With Me How To Produce Your Own Seeds!

I'm in a transitional stage right now. I thought I knew where I wanted to go when I harvested the seed bearing autos and Colombian Gold plants. But (Praise Jesus) to be gifted some rooted clones of genetically superior strains makes me have to take a step back and come up with a plan. And you know me by now well enough to know that there will be some attempted seed making going on this spring.

I snapped a couple pictures of my flowering tent this afternoon. In the front are the six (6) NL X DDA plants growing in 2 liter bottles. They are a couple weeks into flowering and now require to be watered/fed a minimum of once a day. They are already giving off a fruity/floral aroma from the DDA seed mom. Some of the main colas are more advanced then the others but the slower plants have played catch-up since the beginning.

It's a challenge to represent the true color of a plant with the lights we use. I know with the QB light in my flowering tent messes with the camera on my phone. Try to take the shot at a certain angle and the colors are more of a yellow or golden color. Adjust the angle and composition a little and you get a more accurate color rendition.

@Kismet the staining on the plant looks like a DDA but if that color in your photos is accurate it doesn't appear to be a purple pheno. Whatever it is it's sure pretty looking!

Highya beez,

Happy Super Bowl morning dude. Your ladies always look so nice. I thought I had a green thumb, but you have some nice magic in that thumb. Love what those QBs are doing!
I think a superior strain is worth side-stepping previous plans. Upgrades are most always good.
Good luck on the super bowl pool, lol.

Looking great Beez and those 2L pop bottle plants are looking fantastic!
We definitely learned with you how to produce our own seeds. Terrific journal beez. Helpful from beginning to end, not to mention the added bonus of SweetSue's photos and descriptions.
:welldone:

This was an exceptional learning experience all the way through!
From clones to seed making! I for one use your cloning method all be it varied a bit but works fantastic!!

I had the Colombian Gold plant out of the tent today to rig up some sort of support system for the branches. With about 5 weeks still to go, and the branches already drooping I figured get it done now while the branches are still sort of standing up. While I had the one out of the tent I spotted a small white pipe cleaner on one of the bottom branches. I had completely forgotten I had pollinated a couple buds with some Quarter Pounder auto pollen. It appears to have done it's job.

Here is a photo of one of the CG plants before I did some support work on her.

Yeah, don't you love nice surprises?!? And she does look very nice. Cheers

I need to give some serious thought to how I grow sativa and sativa dominant plants in the future. The Colombian Gold I just harvested and trimmed had a bunch of very sticky but very fluffy larfy buds. The buds on the Colombian Gold aren't dense at all, with the larger top colas being decent. But below those the density just isn't there. As @SweetSue explains to me the sativa buds are often light and fluffy. I cut a good bit more of that bottom "stuff" off the two Colombian Gold I am growing now. Hopefully the buds left will firm up at least a little bit.

I am loving this plant. Something that catches my eye immediately is the color of the leaves. A nice, healthy, darker green color not caused by too much nitrogen. She takes well to bending. I feel I've dialed in the amount of nutrients she loves and she's showing me. This is the Royal Gorilla plant.

Back
Top Bottom