Colombian Gold Grow: Come Learn With Me How To Produce Your Own Seeds!

So tomorrow......Friday......I will start the process of applying colloidal silver to a female auto flower plant in an attempt to cause the plant to produce female pollen sacks. The plant is not very well developed at this point. It never got large enough to top so who knows if this will work or not. Only one way to find out. To get ready I just washed the small artists paint brush I'll be using to apply the colloidal silver. And that's it, all set to try to make some S1 Feminized Quarter Pounder auto seeds. I will try to get some good pictures of the area to which I am applying the CS. I will also be applying it twice a day both at lights on, and right before lights out. The whole process takes less then 5 minutes. It is important to remember to apply the CS twice a day, every day until you see pollen sacks starting to form. If the growth is prolific with lots of pollen sacks popping out I would consider stopping the application of the CS. If I see a normal amount I stop applying it in the AM at lights on, but still keep applying before lights out. And I keep applying it till pollen sacks showing up in numbers.

Because the branches I will be treating are small I am hoping to be able to make at least a little bit of pollen.

So tomorrow......Friday......I will start the process of applying colloidal silver to a female auto flower plant in an attempt to cause the plant to produce female pollen sacks. The plant is not very well developed at this point. It never got large enough to top so who knows if this will work or not. Only one way to find out. To get ready I just washed the small artists paint brush I'll be using to apply the colloidal silver. And that's it, all set to try to make some S1 Feminized Quarter Pounder auto seeds. I will try to get some good pictures of the area to which I am applying the CS. I will also be applying it twice a day both at lights on, and right before lights out. The whole process takes less then 5 minutes. It is important to remember to apply the CS twice a day, every day until you see pollen sacks starting to form. If the growth is prolific with lots of pollen sacks popping out I would consider stopping the application of the CS. If I see a normal amount I stop applying it in the AM at lights on, but still keep applying before lights out. And I keep applying it till pollen sacks showing up in numbers.

Because the branches I will be treating are small I am hoping to be able to make at least a little bit of pollen.

Looking forward to the start of this today! Going to be some great knowledge !

Auto S1 seeds are TOP of my list for things to do next year !!!

@SweetSue @newty Here is a Did You Know that might be worth investigating. I was talking with a life long friend yesterday. I haven't seen him in decades. Anyway, we both used to smoke a lot together and after years he just up and quit one day. He explained at the time "it's just not as enjoyable anymore" and it was left at that.

During our conversation yesterday he went into more detail why he suddenly quit all those years ago. He said that much of the pot he smoked would give him a rapid heartbeat, anxiety and paranoia symptoms which were very unpleasant for up to 30 minutes sometimes. So he quit.

Well he went on to say he is now smoking again. And now that he's growing his own weed he grows what gets him high without the side effects that caused him to quit smoking years ago. But he said he often smokes with friends and it is not uncommon for those old feelings to resurface. But now he says he has a cure for the anxiety, paranoia, and rapid heart rate...........

Peppercorn!!

He said he carries a small vial with peppercorn inside. And at the onset of the "bad" feelings he'll chew on 3 or 4 peppercorn balls and almost at once he feels better.

So if this is something you experience maybe give it a try? It certainly couldn't hurt you unless of course you're allergic to peppercorn.
Going to remember that one thanks.

I'm going to make this as quick and painless for everyone as I can. I am using colloidal silver at 50 PPM in an attempt to stress three very small branches on a Quarter Pounder auto plant to produce female pollen sacks to be used to self pollinate the plant on which they grow. If I am successful and there is enough pollen I will also collect some to use to pollinate other auto flower plants. This is the colloidal silver I use. You of course can use whatever catches your fancy.
The above bottle is at 50 PPM so I use this undiluted.

PLEASE!!! Remember that colloidal silver should not be ingested. Whatever parts of the plant you brush or spray it on should not be smoked or used for oils or tinctures but instead discarded. The rest of the plant that did not have the colloidal silver applied to it are fine to use in any way you see fit. If spraying it on be careful of over spray hitting onto parts of the plant you don't want it.

Here are a couple photos of the plant I am working with for this project. She never quite seemed to take off leaving me with less then an ideal scenario. But who knows it might work and is worth a try.

As you can see there aren't a lot of branches to begin with, and those that are there are pretty small. I would imagine the majority of people who use the colloidal silver apply it as a spray and you can of course follow that path and spray your plant too. I use an artist paint brush and brush the colloidal silver onto just the branches trying my best not to get it on the leaves. On each branch that I am applying it I pay extra attention to any nodes on the branches. In this case the only nodes are where the branches meet the main stalk and at the very top of the branches where new leaves are starting to open. I will apply the CS from the very bottom of the branch where it meets the main stalk all the way to the top where the new leaves are popping out. Below I circled the branches I will be treating with the colloidal silver.

And finally a photo showing the application with a small paint brush.

Okay, in the picture above with the paintbrush.......right above the paintbrush you can see the new growth. You'll want to concentrate and make sure you brush the CS right into that intersection of growth. Don't flood it, but definitely make sure you wet it good. You could be applying this for 3 weeks and in that time the plant will be in the flowering stage and will be stretching. These branches that are small now will continue to grow. Keep applying the CS the full length of the branch paying special attention to the nodes along the branches. That is where the pollen sacks will form for you.

I will continue to apply the CS to the branches I've highlighted in these pictures. As the plant continues to grow if anyone would be interested I can include a couple photos showing the branches growing but that might be pretty boring.

All suggestions are entertained, MrGreene.....lol The thread is moving along but is it helpful? Did you learn anything you didn't already know? My hopes would be tips from others how they do things detailed here. I guarantee there are a ton of guys/gals on this site with a ton more knowledge then I have. I felt I know enough to offer pointers on how to breed seeds. But also had hoped I would learn some things myself from those more experienced. Heck I can't even take a plant all the way through flowering without having leaf spotting.
Learning lots thank you! Just have to Fav this for later.

You are going to definitely want do your due diligence and research on the strain with which you're hoping to make seeds. You need to determine (within a few days) when the plant will start to flower. I look very closely for pre-flowers at which point I start applying the CS. Ideally I will begin applying the colloidal silver 4-5 days prior to the first pistils showing on the plant. And again, I keep applying it until I am happy with the quantity of pollen sacks emerging.......or when I am in week #5 and not seeing any pollen sacks. Those are the two triggers that tell me it's time to stop applying the CS.

Any questions about the use of colloidal silver in the production of viable, S1 Cannabis seeds please feel free to ask.

I normally spray mine, I've always sprayed leaves and stems both. I don't want Ethylene being produced in any amount.
The first few plants I worked with I was using the T-mist and was spraying it on also. That is a much lower PPM then the 50ppm CS I'm using now. Both methods work I am finding if your CS is strong enough.

I paid $20.00 for the bottle shown above which is 16 ounces. I was paying, I believe, around $27.00 for one ounce of the T-mist and it didn't work for me every time so I started experimenting, trying new products. I keep the 16 oz bottle in a thick black sock, inside a box, in a linen closet in the dark in my bathroom. I pour out only as much as I think I will need to treat a plant and keep the rest cool and in the dark.

Today's photo of the pollinated bud on the NL X DDA plant. It was pollinated on 11/9 Friday so 7 days today. It is possible that I may see a seed starting to develop but it might just be wishful thinking. There is definitely more dark pink/purple color on and around the bud.

Back
Top Bottom