Come Grow With Me: A Beginners Guide

What the hell, let’s open another can of worms. What has been your experience with HPS vs. LED? I’m curious about why HPS in the flower tent?
I used HPS on my 2nd grow & did pretty good with it. Then I switched to Blurple LED's for about 2.5 years & the last year has been all Mars Hydro. But I guess me & @MochaBud got a slight difference of opinion on whether or not an LED can match an HPS. I say YES; but I think he says NO (or at least he hints at that). Never the less he's a great grower for the methods he uses. So it is winter & cold outside & my Flower Room is an outdoor shed. HPS puts out a lot more Heat so a great time to use it. My little space heater rarely turns on in the shed. The lights heat it. I just adjust my exhaust to get to a decent temp.
Anyway, I used 900 watts of LED last grow to flower 3 plants, (probably less because they were on about 85%).
Now I'm using 1250 Watts of HPS. Let's see how things do. Obviously not a direct comparison but just to get a general idea. Like I said. I like to play with things & experiment. Learn all kinds of stuff that way. Some Good, Some Bad.

Man oh man, I was just looking at the Peyote Wi Fi clones when they were in the solo cups; not long ago. What a difference. I'll get some pics up tonight. The ladies are kickin' butt !
The mom in Flower is a Monster. I'm thinking a pound from her but have to see what develops. Never did this strain before.

Hey Buds.

What’s your favourite way to grow? If space, equipment, back ache, weren’t an issue. Which way would you go?
I just prefer a soil grow because I can be kind of lazy at it if I want. It's probably the only way to grow if you want to water your plants & disappear for 2 - 3 days. I don't have to worry so much if I get a Power Outage which could devastate DWC / Hydro. Just so much easier overall. You get slightly bigger yields with Coco & Hydro. But not enough to make it worth the time I have to put into that type of grow.

Buds your journal is the best I've read for all levels of cultivators, so hope you keep it up.

If I ever get my shit together I am going to run autos in my 4×2 tent, so I can simultaneously veg. in the same tent.

Looks like I have a lot to learn about heroines.

Looking forward to your autos.

Below is my medium sized GC about to get the chop.

20210123_134501.jpg

Buds your journal is the best I've read for all levels of cultivators, so hope you keep it up.

If I ever get my shit together I am going to run autos in my 4×2 tent, so I can simultaneously veg. in the same tent.

Looks like I have a lot to learn about heroines.

Looking forward to your autos.

Below is my medium sized GC about to get the chop.

20210123_134501.jpg
From what I can see in the Blurple lighting she looks really good ! Looks like some nice chunky Cola's there.

Finally got my Blue Lab pH Pen last night. Been wanting one of these for 2 years but didn't want to pay $120 for one. Found a New one (open box) for $40 so I swooped it up quick. These are excellent pH pens. However, you have to recalibrate them every 30 days according to the instructions. It doesn't come with the pH Calibration (4.0 & 7.0) fluids or the KCI Storage Solution so had to buy that at the Hydro store. Only $12 for all of it. These pens you have to keep wet by adding a few drops of Storage solution to the little sponge thing in the cap. From what I'm told these pens are really accurate so I want to see how far off the cheapo pH meters I have are by comparison.
10-19.JPG
10-20.JPG
10-21.JPG
10-22.JPG

Finally got my Blue Lab pH Pen last night. Been wanting one of these for 2 years but didn't want to pay $120 for one. Found a New one (open box) for $40 so I swooped it up quick. These are excellent pH pens. However, you have to recalibrate them every 30 days according to the instructions. It doesn't come with the pH Calibration (4.0 & 7.0) fluids or the KCI Storage Solution so had to buy that at the Hydro store. Only $12 for all of it. These pens you have to keep wet by adding a few drops of Storage solution to the little sponge thing in the cap. From what I'm told these pens are really accurate so I want to see how far off the cheapo pH meters I have are by comparison.
10-19.JPG
10-20.JPG
10-21.JPG
10-22.JPG
I use that exact pen, works great, but yea you should check once a month just to be safe.

I did get around to taking some pics of the plants in the Veg Tent so far. All is going well. 1st up are the 3 Peyote Wi Fi Clones I kept. I'm just feeding them 2 gr. per gal. of MC. About 32 oz. every 3 days. No training yet. I did top & Remove the 1st node early on so I had 4 nice branches coming out. So this morning I topped each of the 4 branches at their 3rd nodes. That's it for topping. I'll start training, trimming & defol after I up-pot. Shouldn't be too long from now as I'm starting to see roots coming out the bottom of the 1 gal. pots.
I plan on topping & training all the plants I've got in Veg the same way. Only difference will be is when I top. I want the main stem from each plant to clone so I'll probably wait till there's about 6 - 7 nodes to top. I'll top between the 4th & 5th nodes still. Just a longer stem for cloning.
The Clones I will Root & put on 12/12 to determine the sex of each plant before I flower it.

10-1.JPG

10-2.JPG

10-3.JPG

10-4.JPG

I did get around to taking some pics of the plants in the Veg Tent so far. All is going well. 1st up are the 3 Peyote Wi Fi Clones I kept. I'm just feeding them 2 gr. per gal. of MC. About 32 oz. every 3 days. No training yet. I did top & Remove the 1st node early on so I had 4 nice branches coming out. So this morning I topped each of the 4 branches at their 3rd nodes. That's it for topping. I'll start training, trimming & defol after I up-pot. Shouldn't be too long from now as I'm starting to see roots coming out the bottom of the 1 gal. pots.
I plan on topping & training all the plants I've got in Veg the same way. Only difference will be is when I top. I want the main stem from each plant to clone so I'll probably wait till there's about 6 - 7 nodes to top. I'll top between the 4th & 5th nodes still. Just a longer stem for cloning.
The Clones I will Root & put on 12/12 to determine the sex of each plant before I flower it.

10-1.JPG

10-2.JPG

10-3.JPG

10-4.JPG
Looks great nice neat clean setup. 26% rh wow dry in Arizona, I'm up to my ass in snow here. :thumb:

Here are the "Cherry on Top" ladies. I'm not really keeping track of time so not sure how old they are. As long as I can see the leaf reaction I'll know when & how much to feed. I'll know when I want to Flower them by their size. So their age doesn't really matter to me.
As you can see I've numbered each pot. That way I can match it up with the clone I take by giving the clone the same number. Once I flower the clones I'll eliminate the male Plants. Debating on letting the Clones in flower pollinate to get some seeds. That would be cool if it works.
Hmmm, something else I got to test .... lol.
Anyway, today I started feeding these girls at 2 gr. per gal. also. They are getting 24 oz. about every 3rd day.
I also cut off the 1st node on all 6 because the bottom leaf's were touching soil.
10-5.JPG
10-6.JPG
10-7.JPG
10-8.JPG
10-9.JPG
10-9.JPG
10-10.JPG
10-10.JPG
10-11.JPG
10-11.JPG
10-12.JPG
10-12.JPG

A couple of group shots.
10-13.JPG
10-14.JPG

Looks great nice neat clean setup. 26% rh wow dry in Arizona, I'm up to my ass in snow here. :thumb:
It's been raining all week too. You see what the high RH was. 72% at lights out with no humidifier. So I just run my 6 gal. humidifier in my room (close to the tent) when the lights are on. It gets it to 45 - 50% after about 1.5 - 2 hours. Best it gets though. If I put a humidifier in the tent, at lights out I get 90% + Humidity so that's even worse.

Last but not least we have the Baby Girls (I hope). The 3 Glue Cookies. These lil gals just get 100 ml. of water every day or two.
10-15.JPG
10-16.JPG
10-17.JPG
10-18.JPG
Looks amazing brother. :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom