Come Grow With Me: A Beginners Guide

nunya's vid pretty well covers the type of build you are looking for

this is a cut and paste of my reply to another member about learning led ..

if you are interested i'd go have a read through led gardener dot com. led lighting specific forum focused on diy. they have calculators for determining drivers / emitters etc. and some example builds. they have info and stuff on both cob and strip lighting. strip lighting is where most are moving to.

quantum board is a bit of an inside game right now, but i hear rumblings they are becoming available as just a board you can diy. there's nothing to them really. just a massive wider strip printed on a bigger piece of aluminum. hopefully married to a decent heat sink.

growmau5 youtube vids were killer for explaining the high power low driven, cob builds that rocketed led white light forward. he's gone corporate and i think most were scrubbed. but if you can find them they are gold. the principles carry forward for any led emitter. only difference is the size of the print..

there's a canadian called the grow doctor, hes got real good info on different mfgrs / chipsets . some diy too i think. last i checked he was a little behind. i'm not sure if he's reviewing newer stuff yet. doesn't pander to brand.

nunya's vid pretty well covers the type of build you are looking for

this is a cut and paste of my reply to another member about learning led ..

if you are interested i'd go have a read through led gardener dot com. led lighting specific forum focused on diy. they have calculators for determining drivers / emitters etc. and some example builds. they have info and stuff on both cob and strip lighting. strip lighting is where most are moving to.

quantum board is a bit of an inside game right now, but i hear rumblings they are becoming available as just a board you can diy. there's nothing to them really. just a massive wider strip printed on a bigger piece of aluminum. hopefully married to a decent heat sink.

growmau5 youtube vids were killer for explaining the high power low driven, cob builds that rocketed led white light forward. he's gone corporate and i think most were scrubbed. but if you can find them they are gold. the principles carry forward for any led emitter. only difference is the size of the print..

there's a canadian called the grow doctor, hes got real good info on different mfgrs / chipsets . some diy too i think. last i checked he was a little behind. i'm not sure if he's reviewing newer stuff yet. doesn't pander to brand.
Great info. Thanks !

Back with some pics. My Big Girl has got her peach fuzz. She's a hefty drinker too. Drinking 2 gallons every 2 days now.
She's on 5.5 gr. of MC + 2 ml. per gal. of Terpenator.
She's getting kind of bushy again so I'll do a defol soon.

9-582.JPG
9-583.JPG
9-584.JPG
9-585.JPG
9-586.JPG
9-587.JPG

Here are some pics of the other 3 ladies. They aren't coming out too bad after all. They are kind of short; but there are plenty of branches & nodes. The branches are really stiff so they will hold some bud.

9-588.JPG
9-589.JPG
9-590.JPG
9-591.JPG
9-592.JPG
9-593.JPG

Be back later with pics of what's in the tent. Need to run to the store to get a few supplies.

Well, as I said, the above pics were like real early this morning. Then I got to defoliating, trimming, LST & Clones so things changed again ... lol.
The Peyote Wi Fi's got the nodes cut off that grow out the underside of the main 4 branches & the branches were LST'd.
The 3 Glue Cookies got their 1st & 2nd nodes cut off.
The 6 Cherry on Top got topped at the 4th node & those tops were 7 nodes high. The remainder of the Top is what I'm Cloning to determine sex. I have each pot numbered & the cloner is numbered to match. Once these Clones root they will go in Solo Cups on 12/12. If I get a M & F , I will put them together (the clones on 12/12) & see if they produce seeds.

So here's a few updated pics.

10-38.JPG
10-39.JPG
10-40.JPG
10-41.JPG
10-42.JPG

Getting busy over here now. Lovely work :thumb:
Yeah, I'm having a bit of fun exploring new avenues. If I get a Female Cherry on Top & Female Glue Cookies I plan to STS a branch on each to get seeds for later. Have you ever done it ? It will be my 1st time so need to find out exactly what worked for others.

I would suggest a strip light.
More efficient and much more even coverage.
And all you need to do is follow this video, complete parts list and exactly how to assemble.

Looks quite simple. Just wish he'd of added the dimmer switch to it on the actual build.

Looks quite simple. Just wish he'd of added the dimmer switch to it on the actual build.
The dimmer switch you just make sure you get the right driver, it will have 3 cords.
Just connect the two wires to your potentiometer.
They sell a two pack on Amazon for $10.

1664575537374.png

He also has other light builds that show the dimmer.
I think this one shows it.

Yeah, I'm having a bit of fun exploring new avenues. If I get a Female Cherry on Top & Female Glue Cookies I plan to STS a branch on each to get seeds for later. Have you ever done it ? It will be my 1st time so need to find out exactly what worked for others.
Not yet but just ordered some colloidal silver to reverse a few clones I have spare to collect some pollen.

Not yet but just ordered some colloidal silver to reverse a few clones I have spare to collect some pollen.
I'll have to try the pollen collection eventually. I'd love to cross the Peyote Wi Fi to the Cherry on Top & then cross that to the Glue Cookies (Wi Fi Cherry Cookies :) ).

Hey All, Just waiting on the last few pieces to arrive to get the 5 x 5 completed. Still waiting on the AC Infinity 6" Booster Fan (Due in today), 6" Wye Duct Fitting (Due in on Weds), TS 3000 (Due in tomorrow), 3 - 6" Duct Clamps & a Fan Speed Controller & it will be ready. I'll make the window Vent Kit later today for it.
Here's a few pics of where I'm at so far on it.
9-182.JPG
9-183.JPG
9-184.JPG
9-185.JPG

Doesn't look so big with things in it.
Any idea where I can get those mesh shelf things I cant find something like them anywhere

Any idea where I can get those mesh shelf things I cant find something like them anywhere
Yea, it really fills up fast. You can store ur water and nutes outside the tent....but get some shower curtain rings to put on ur pvc for ur smaller things that you'll want to keep handy. Looks good right now, tho. Not sure what mesh shelf things ur talking about......thought of the ones u have pictured until I looked @ ur pictures. Mesh?!:sorry: Maybe someone else will tap in.....What were u going to use them for, maybe that'll wake me up.?

Yea, it really fills up fast. You can store ur water and nutes outside the tent....but get some shower curtain rings to put on ur pvc for ur smaller things that you'll want to keep handy. Looks good right now, tho. Not sure what mesh shelf things ur talking about......thought of the ones u have pictured until I looked @ ur pictures. Mesh?!:sorry: Maybe someone else will tap in.....What were u going to use them for, maybe that'll wake me up.?
I swear I commented on the picbut i can't see it now they call them wire shelfs to stick on top of a bucket to catch water run of I found some after

Well, as I said, the above pics were like real early this morning. Then I got to defoliating, trimming, LST & Clones so things changed again ... lol.
The Peyote Wi Fi's got the nodes cut off that grow out the underside of the main 4 branches & the branches were LST'd.
The 3 Glue Cookies got their 1st & 2nd nodes cut off.
The 6 Cherry on Top got topped at the 4th node & those tops were 7 nodes high. The remainder of the Top is what I'm Cloning to determine sex. I have each pot numbered & the cloner is numbered to match. Once these Clones root they will go in Solo Cups on 12/12. If I get a M & F , I will put them together (the clones on 12/12) & see if they produce seeds.

So here's a few updated pics.

10-38.JPG
10-39.JPG
10-40.JPG
10-41.JPG
10-42.JPG
Your pics always looks so nice,

O! Like the ones u have pictured? That's easy. Home Depot OR keep on the lookout for a retired refrigerator!
Refrigerators, ovens, BBQ's all have nice size grills for 10 gal. pots or larger. I just use the 12" wide wire closet shelving for 5 gal. or less. A 16" long piece fits perfect over the oil drain pans so I get 3 out of a 4' x 12" wire shelf. Runs about $8. Sure makes it nice not to have to get rid of run off every time I feed.

Back
Top Bottom