Come Grow With Me: A Beginners Guide

Do you think my shit widow plants are ready to harvest I transferred Sept 1 but lost my calendar with actual dates

16051427190823070508138707067408.jpg

I used mega crop , sweet candy and bud explosion last grow and the last 1/4 of flowering all my leaves started dying I thought it was a ph issue but maybe it was the bud explosion? I didnt know people were having problems with it
did you cut back on mega crop when you used PK or sweet candy or did you mix it all up and feed the plant :hmmmm:

Do you think my shit widow plants are ready to harvest I transferred Sept 1 but lost my calendar with actual dates

16051427190823070508138707067408.jpg
do you have a jewelry microscope or something to zoom into the cola's. To find out you have to look at the trichomes and see what colour they are. perhaps a closer picture would help

I used mega crop , sweet candy and bud explosion last grow and the last 1/4 of flowering all my leaves started dying I thought it was a ph issue but maybe it was the bud explosion? I didnt know people were having problems with it
Did you start seeing Dark patches in your leaves that looked kind of wilted in the dark area ? That's what I noticed a couple days after using it. Stopped using it & everything got better.

did you cut back on mega crop when you used PK or sweet candy or did you mix it all up and feed the plant :hmmmm:
I mixed it all up normal. Checked PPM because I tried to stay around 950 ppm the last 2 weeks. If it was high I'd add a little water till I got close to 950. Then I pH'd & fed with it. I usually had to add between 1 qt. - 1/2 gal. of water to get it around 950 ppm. I was mixing 5 gallons at a time.

Thanks I guesstimate about a week myself you said two so I'll split it at week and a half I appreciate you taking time out to answer my questions
If you don't have a loupe or microscope the best you can do is wait till you have 60 - 75% Red Hairs. It will be done for sure. The way it was done in the old days.

Great thread Buds, you're exactly right, this thread will be invaluable to all the noob growers coming here to learn for the first time.

I'll look around for more info on terps and trichs or anything else you can use to add to this thread to give help to those in need.

Any requests for info, just let me know and I'll do some digging and try to bring it here for you guys.

There may be some great info that my mentor "Smokin Moose" has here from the old days that may be useful...He was a Bad Azz grower and was the site grow mod at the time I first arrived.

Unfortunately, he's passed on to that great pot field in the sky now, but he wrote some great threads for new growers while he was here....:rip: my old friend Moose...:peace:

Great job brother Buds! :circle-of-love::thanks::welldone:

I have to ask, when you water/feed how much of each would you give each plant. How many cups/gallons of MC mixture do you apply for the saturation of your pot or do you not saturate with the MC nutes? I'm going to be using it soon and I cant remember what anyone has said about the amount of each or either to use each time. Very impressive plants going on in that ocean forest, about how much per 5 gallon fabric pot would it take to fill? This is a feminized photo period grow right? Thank you for helping

It is a good idea. Sure I can pick up some handy tips following along. Will be great for those on their first attempt or getting ready to start. Every day is a school day. Hope my gorilla glue colas turn out close to that.
I thought these words sounded familiar :rofl:
Great idea. Sure I can pick up some handy tips following along. Will be great for those on their first attempt or getting ready to start. Everyday is a school day. Hope my gorilla glue colas turn out close to that.

Great thread Buds, you're exactly right, this thread will be invaluable to all the noob growers coming here to learn for the first time.

I'll look around for more info on terps and trichs or anything else you can use to add to this thread to give help to those in need.

Any requests for info, just let me know and I'll do some digging and try to bring it here for you guys.

There may be some great info that my mentor "Smokin Moose" has here from the old days that may be useful...He was a Bad Azz grower and was the site grow mod at the time I first arrived.

Unfortunately, he's passed on to that great pot field in the sky now, but he wrote some great threads for new growers while he was here....:rip: my old friend Moose...:peace:

Great job brother Buds! :circle-of-love::thanks::welldone:
I appreciate any grow info or links to info you can post. I never knew Smokin Moose, but I've read several of his posts & yes they have a lot of great info. He sounds like he knew his shit for sure.
I would like to get as many home remedies for plant problems in this journal as possible. New growers are usually a little strapped for cash after investing in tents, lights, etc. So things like Lemon Juice & Baking Soda for pH & things like that sure would be helpful. Of course all other info is good too.
But when I think about my 1st grow I always was hesitant about buying more expensive products because I wasn't sure I could even grow successfully. I'm sure some others new to growing feel that way too. But after their 1st successful grow they don't mind spending the money on the bottled products or at least I didn't.

I have to ask, when you water/feed how much of each would you give each plant. How many cups/gallons of MC mixture do you apply for the saturation of your pot or do you not saturate with the MC nutes? I'm going to be using it soon and I cant remember what anyone has said about the amount of each or either to use each time. Very impressive plants going on in that ocean forest, about how much per 5 gallon fabric pot would it take to fill? This is a feminized photo period grow right? Thank you for helping
As far as how much I feed it varies through the plants life. A small plant doesn't drink as much as a large plant. I'd average about 5 - 12 oz. cups of nutes in a 3 gallon during Veg. But when it started to bloom it took a lot more. Near the end of flower it would take about 10 - 12 of the 12 oz. cups to get run off. There's really no set amount. Just water till you get run off out the bottom every time.
As far as the soil, A bag of FFOF fills about 2 of the 5 gallon pots. I usually mix my soil from my last grow in with new soil about 50 / 50 to start my plants. Then 100% new soil when I up-pot. It's worked out pretty good so far.
Yes, this is a Fem / Photo.
Hope this helps some.

I'm in for the ride! Thanks for having us @Buds Buddy
Welcome. Good to have you here. Hopefully you'll get some knowledge or advice you can use in your grows.
I'm kind of hoping some of the people I gained a lot of knowledge from stop in & post some of their tips & tricks.
@Emilya , @Pennywise , @InTheShed , @MrSauga are a few of the really top notch growers I learned from & their advice is usually right on spot. So if you guys can add anything to this to help new growers out it is very much appreciated.
Thanks !

It is a good idea. Sure I can pick up some handy tips following along. Will be great for those on their first attempt or getting ready to start. Every day is a school day. Hope my gorilla glue colas turn out close to that.
Welcome Paul. I'm hoping to cram as much info in this thread as possible from myself & other great growers (not saying I'm a great grower, but I do OK). It would be nice to have a thread that had a shit load of info in it that any new grower could use as a resource.

You can either decide that as a human being you of course know more than the lowly plant will ever know and should be able to decide how much water they need at each stage of the process, just by instinct....

or, you can let the plant decide for itself how much water it needs. This of course is done by saturating the soil to runoff each time you water, and then waiting until the plant has used all of that water up before watering again.

You can not overwater a plant by giving too much water in one watering session... the soil can only hold so much before it runs out of the bottom. The only way to overwater a plant, is to water it too often.

Back
Top Bottom