Coming along nicely

thanks for all the kind words everyone... since im getting close to harvest ill try to get a few pics every few days with the flash and the lights out.

they are starting to drink a little less now that some of the fan leafs are finishing off but still gettin bulkier each day. i hit em with the last strong mix for week 6. next feed the ppm will start to come down and near the end of week 7 they will get a full flush with AN's Final Phase.

im excited about the Overdrive and Final Phase bloom enhancers. they supposedly alter the plants functions to increase final yield and provide energy in the last few weeks to burn up nutes in the leafs and allow continued growth up to the day of harvest

just stoppin in with a few pics... my brother came across some good dank goin around so we made some hash oil with it. i used 99% isopropyl alcohol to do this.

this is oil from about 10 grams of bud, its still pretty wet but tomorrow ill weigh it and give a smoke test.

its on a hot pad with a fan blowing over it
SDC102171.JPG

budd1.JPG

for the first run i toss the isopropyl in the freezer and then, only soak the buds for about 30 seconds. tomorrow for the 2nd run i still use chilled isopropyl but let it soak for 5-10 minutes til it just starts getting a green hue to it

haha, i checked on the oil 20 mins later and its done... so here is the final product

SDC102191.JPG

SDC10221.JPG

smoke report: this stuff was pretty damn good. a little more head than body buzz. im no coneseur but its smooth and has a lemon and pepper taste

Wow, nice job, Thats stuff looks nasty, glad you enjoyed it though, Great job again.. How did it compare to smoking the bud?

if you have never had hash oil, you need to try it. its more potent than cheap perfume and tastier than flavor country. it has all the THC in it along with all the terpenes and oils that add to the flavor. only difference is you leave behind a bunch of plant matter you would have been smoking. kinda similar to using a vaporizer to just smoke the trichomes. my favorite thing to do is grind up a bud and throw it in a pipe with a nice big blob of oil on top. it usually lasts a few days

there are other things you can use to make the oil but isopropyl is the safest and easiest. you can even put it in a hot water bath to help evaporate the isopropyl but it happens pretty fast naturally. once the iso odor is gone and the stuff is dry to the touch i know im done

heres a pic after it has cooled down all the way, i made it into a fun shape

SDC10222.JPG

How do you know your not smokin any toxic residue left behind? :smokin:
I would probably just make bubble hash.

Oh what the hell I would give it a try once or twice:grinjoint:

as far as any toxic residue... isopropyl is pretty inert unless heat or reactive chemicals/catalysts are involved. so i dont have to worry about toxins forming from the isopropyl and organic molecules reacting. so the only toxin i have in the oil is the isopropyl

the boiling point of isopropyl alcohol is about 80C. all you need to do is heat the plate up that hot and all the isopropyl alcohol boils out of the oil.

i dont even bother heating it over about 40C, at room temp it has enough vapor pressure to completely leave the oil it just takes longer. the stuff also has a terrible odor to it, since im using 99%isopropyl in 1% water the only toxin is the isopropyl and any in the oil will make it stink and taste horrible.

bubble hash is just like hash oil as far as potency goes. its just more labor intensive to make the bubble hash. isopropyl is relatively harmless, the fumes you breath while fueling up your car each weak are worse for your body.

nothin wrong with a little concern for your health SMOKINJIMMY, in fact ill hit you with some +rep for bringing up the question

hey SETTING SUN, its a blessing and a curse growin with my dad sometimes. hes a brilliant electrician but still new to growing. im just as new but i have been the one watering, pruning, and cloning our last crop and this one... he has long hours at work and comes home tired with half asleep ideas that make no sense (at least to me), then he spends an hour on a project that should take 2-4 and throws it in the room and expects it to work.
he has that mad scientist mentality where you think you are 1 discovery away from changing the world. i dont mind too much except when he asks me to spend a few hours doing something i know is going to die, fail, or be of no benefit. but hey, hes my dad so he asks and i oblige. he will run out of ideas some day or finally come across a good one.

forgot to mention the dry weight of the oil...

total weight = 1.8 grams
(using the initial weight of the pot, weight of the hash, and the quality of the oil i can estimate the potency of the pot)

(1.8g)(.9) = 1.62g
(weight of hash)(90%pure) = weight of pure THC

(1.62g)/(10g)= .162 = 16.2%
(weight of pure THC)/(initial weight of pot used to make oil) = %THC in the buds used

i estimate the THC levels in the bud to be about 16.2% plus or minus 1-2% for error

thanks for all the kind words everyone... since im getting close to harvest ill try to get a few pics every few days with the flash and the lights out.

they are starting to drink a little less now that some of the fan leafs are finishing off but still gettin bulkier each day. i hit em with the last strong mix for week 6. next feed the ppm will start to come down and near the end of week 7 they will get a full flush with AN's Final Phase.

im excited about the Overdrive and Final Phase bloom enhancers. they supposedly alter the plants functions to increase final yield and provide energy in the last few weeks to burn up nutes in the leafs and allow continued growth up to the day of harvest

I was curious, do you feed them every watering, or alternate feeding using those nutes? From your description, it sounds like I should think about upgrading my flower nute (Super Bloom). Thanks for the info, now to find a store that carries the products.

Your hash oil piece brought back some great memories. Last time I had some oil was in '76. Spiritual high:cheesygrinsmiley:

well shit OLDSKOOOL, you should make yourself some and help your buddys memories come back too. i just use a 2 litre pop bottle with a small hole in the cap. throw the bud in, add the iso, cap it, shake swirl for 30 seconds, squirt out onto dish (you can squirt it through a coffee filter if you are worried about bud coming out), dry, smoke.

and for the feeds i blast them with just about all they will handle, lighting included. if i am mixing for 16L of nutes i will use about 16.8L so my ppm isnt at the very edge of burning them

i have most of the AN nutes and enhancers. and i use their calculator on the websight to help me plan my schedule. for the most part every feed gets full strength everything (full strength for a light-medium feed). some of the stuff is only used every other feed or once a week.

grow micro bloom... full strength every feed

wet betty... week 1-7, every feed and in foliar sprays, 1/4 -1/2 strength for nutes, full strength for sprays (this stuff is cool, it reduces water tension, for foliar sprays the mist doesnt bead up on the leafs allowing better pest control and foliar feeding. also at the microscopic level water is turbulent and membranes can be difficult to penetrate, reducing the water tension allows cells and reactions to work faster. if only i had a zero gravity grow room and the wet betty, then i would see some crazy growth)

humic acid, fulvic acid... week 1-7, every other feed, 1/2 strength

bud blood... 1st week of bloom only, every feed, full strength

carboload... week 1-7 every feed, 1/2-full strength

sensizyme... week 1-7 when i feel like it or the day after a transplant, 1/5 recommended concentration, 1/2 strength for transpland damage

pirahna, tarantula... week 1-2 once per week, full strength

voodoo juice... week 1-2 once per week, 1/2 strength

big bud... week 2-5, every feed, 3/4 strength

overdrive... week 6-7, every feed, full strength

final phase... week 8, every feed, full strength

so far my highest reading for PPM has been 1,280 so i could probably go higher

Thank you for not only a quick reply, but a very detailed record. Says something about your dad, as well as yourself.

After reading your formulas, I'm definitely minor league. Needing to upgrade would be understated:grinjoint:

hey OLDSKOOOL, i was editing my last post and noticed you replied before i was done... just a few changes but make sure you check it.

Oh, the oil was from Thailand, knew the supplier, long story.

I don't know if I could sacrifice the buds necessary, but damn, it was awesome shit.

Some day if I have an excellent grow like yours, I might give it a whirl.

i know what you mean, it is a shame to turn pretty nugs into a ball of yellow brown goop but all the potency and flavor is there. i couldnt believe how much smoke comes from a tiny bit of this stuff...with a tiny cherry and just a puff or 2 im good. im still smoking the bowl i filled up last night, my bro came in this morning before work and took a few puffs with me and its still not even gettin ashy on top

Back
Top Bottom