Conradino23 Keeps On Keeping On Outdoor & Indoor Using LOS/High Brix Methods

That is one thing about the organic material, bugs. I use soaps on plants in veg. and when I start flowering' just in case''''. You can spray it on heavy wait 20 and them 'rinse them bug right outta your hair.. 'with water, and your leaves will love it. It takes acouple three washes to make sure you get them all? It's a hard one. Whats sad is you miss acouple and bring the plant inside,, then about 4 weeks in,, they become an infestation. And they are too far in flower to spray properly. Outdoors, mother nature washes plants, wind and other bugs kill off pests. But inside, a pests dream.

I wood agree 100% time to keep a eye open for a dehumidifier. A piece of equipment worth it weight in gold certain times of the year..

I got a nice recipe for a wash from neiko, so I'm gonna give it a try. I've read they don't like rain or streams of water and it's effective if you do it regularly. Dehumidifier is a must. I just opened a tent and had 87% RH.

nice update conrad that ss didn't like the spray but it looks like it will bounce rite back and the wq what a pretty plant she is perfect very nice hope you were successful with your eradication good luck bud!:)

Spray was slightly too strong, but it worked. Now I'm waiting to see if there are eggs. These might be a problem.

Those leaves are SO shiny!

They are, aren't they? :)

Sorry to hear about the mites brother. Been there, done that......no thank you. I live in fear of them bastards now!

I just checked SS and she seems to be almost clean. In the hindsight I might've gone overboard with baking soda, but I freaked out, cause I never had mites in my life and my head was full of horror stories at this moment.

Yeah she's fried a bit, but she's already picking back up!

I just checked SS and she seems to be almost clean. In the hindsight I might've gone overboard with baking soda, but I freaked out, cause I never had mites in my life and my head was full of horror stories at this moment.
Well as someone who battled them for about 3 months on a previous grow, I can tell you that its easy to go overboard with fear of them. I had a scare just this week and me and Ms Stank probably spent 10-15 hours searching all the plants looking for any signs. Relieved to not find any but still constantly worry about doing everything to prevent them.

that's pretty much how everyone feels I think when the borg attack,i have never had them and don't want them your getting broke into indoor growing with your share of problems hope you don't get discouraged it will get better good luck con!:smokin:

Yeah nice start and some shit in the middle... hopefully I'm gonna finish on a more relaxed note :)

Well as someone who battled them for about 3 months on a previous grow, I can tell you that its easy to go overboard with fear of them. I had a scare just this week and me and Ms Stank probably spent 10-15 hours searching all the plants looking for any signs. Relieved to not find any but still constantly worry about doing everything to prevent them.

Checking every leaf is how I dealt with leftover ones. I still think it's one of the most effective ways of dealing with pests... that is if you're plant is not a 10 footer :laugh:

Yeah nice start and some shit in the middle... hopefully I'm gonna finish on a more relaxed note :)

Checking every leaf is how I dealt with leftover ones. I still think it's one of the most effective ways of dealing with pests... that is if you're plant is not a 10 footer :laugh:

Hey man!

For whatever it's worth, I *somehow* contracted some mites last year, and still haven't done any Sulfur bombing or other 'major' treatments. Using Doc's 'Leaf Wash' has been spectacular. They're still there in the tent, but the plants don't seem to mind anymore.

I keep humidity up with a humidifier of course, but I've found that a good Leaf Wash at transplant, then again between week two and three in flower is enough to keep the plants from succumbing to the mites. They stay strong, green, shin, and healthy, all the way through to the end this way. If I start to get antsy and think they're populations might be getting out of hand, I'll spray a 1/4 strength Brix or Destress and blast the crap out of the plant with it, even late in flower.

These plants all had mites...maybe not the *best*, but heck they came out OK if you ask me!

Anyway, I hope this reaches you well. Mites suck man, but the plants we grow can in fact be strong enough to handle them themselves, even inside, with just a *little* help from us :)

I'm sure like usual, your crop will come out killer. Looking forward to seeing this grow evolve, and continuing learning more from ya--cheers.

:nomo::passitleft:

Now when I know it can happen in my tent I'll be much more careful. I think I'm gonna use my stinging nettle tea in a spray tomorrow to stay on the safe side. It's this one plant basically, but I have to keep an eye.

They're starting to flower, which is great, so I just wanna focus on giving them the best conditions. Would be great if I could do it without any more surprises :)

So yesterday I macerated one habanero chocolate I've kept in the freezer since last season with three cloves of crushed garlic. Then in the morning I got some of my stinging nettle tea, I strained everything through a paper towel and then I diluted it some more to get about 20:1 water to stinging nettle ratio. It's quite stinky, so you don't want a lot of it :)

And then I sprayed... I almost choked from all the capsaicin in the air to be honest! This mix has a very strong odour, but it should do the job for mites and thrips. I'll wash the plants with pure water in two-three days and that's about it :thumb:

I also took the brix reading of WQ and she's at 13, which explains why she didn't get infected.

A little off topic, but an update from my part of the world and an explanation of my moniker (if you haven't figured it out.)

"Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has embarked on a political battle with the Senate and a potential legal fight with Quebec and Manitoba in order to give all Canadians the right to grow their own cannabis.

Mr. Trudeau and his government formally rejected the Senate’s key amendment to Bill C-45 on Wednesday, vowing to proceed with a regime for legal cannabis that will allow adult Canadians to have up to four plants at home. The Senate, which is a protector of provincial rights, wanted to confirm that Quebec and Manitoba would have the ability to prohibit home cultivation."

"...Mr. Trudeau does not want to criminalize those who grow small quantities at home."

“We’re making the changes to keep Canadians safe and one of the strong recommendations by experts was that we ensure personal cultivation of four plants at home,” Mr. Trudeau told reporters. “We have heard what the senators had to say on this matter, but we will go ahead with the recommendations from experts.“

It sounds good, now Canadians need to make sure, that also small businesses are able to participate in cultivation & sales. I'd have to dig, but I remember that the new legislation favours big corporations a lot!

Back
Top Bottom