Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual Indoor Garden

Usually I crack the mail leader and the side branches grow up to where the top is cracked over and they stop. Not this one. All the side branches that I cracked and tied down turned up and kept going. I hadda crack them again.
She sounds a great strain. When you say ‘crack’ I am assuming that is along the same lines as what I understand is super cropping?

Vertically challenged here.... again.
0A9254B7-24C1-493B-97FE-BBD2F7A89AE6.jpeg

:laughtwo: the struggle is real!

they look great regardless bo :passitleft:

She sounds a great strain. When you say ‘crack’ I am assuming that is along the same lines as what I understand is super cropping?
Yes like this in the first pic only the Platinum Silk I've bent over like 30 branches like that.

The next pics are Transkie in veg. Lady bugs working on the aphids which is the white stuff on the leaves. The white stuff is the skin left from when the aphid nymph molts into an adult.

They are very difficult to get rid of in greenhouse conditions.

20201110_193229.jpg

20201112_191033.jpg

20201112_191020.jpg

They are very difficult to get rid of in greenhouse conditions.
i here that i couldnt get rid of them all i could do is keep them at bay and down on the bottom half of the plant very difficult you have to work on them several times a day its a major pisser you got em bad to have all those skeletons good luck bob!

Yeah Sticky I was spraying every day with insecticidal soap which helped and also did the sulfur vaporizer.

I'm too far into flower now for much of anything other than lady bugs and insecticidal soap. Plants dont seem to mind them much which is weird. They seem to like only certain plants too.

Lady bugs are pretty cool. Sometimes they on the march other times they hang out under the lights where its warm and cozy. They seem to be holding the aphid numbers down pretty good tho. I dont really see many adults on the leaf stems anymore.

Before I got the lady bugs I was shit I gotta spray again today... now not at all really cept I am spraying my VEG tent.

Every season there seems to be a pest that is popular in the cannabis growing community. I read somewhere there's actually an aphid that likes cannabis exclusively.

Looks just like what I got but no winged versions yet. I'm not sure how I got them.
Several pests just showed up here in the new home. Thinking previous owner was growing same room I'm in. I'm picking up the leftover pests.

https://webdoc.agsci.colostate.edu/hempinsects/PDFs/Cannabis aphid October 2018 revision (1).pdf

Yeah I had several plants outdoors right outside the indoor space they were grown outside the whole time no pests at all.
thats unusual for sure i always get some chunks taken here and there and the aphids come about the middle of august fuggars that was a good read above there i had the winged ones outside i was going out and smashing them everyday they seemed to show up in the mid morning and late afternoon mostly i may have had both.

These aphids seem to like particular cultivars and leave others completely alone. Very strange fer sure.

They must have come in on me from outside. Maybe they smart fuggers don like this plant hey lets go inside where its warm. I dont even need a male to reproduce.

Lady bugs to the rescue thanks to @Van Stank again for the: Pro Tip.

These aphids seem to like particular cultivars and leave others completely alone. Very strange fer sure.

They must have come in on me from outside. Maybe they smart fuggers don like this plant hey lets go inside where its warm. I dont even need a male to reproduce.

i hate those and your rite i had 4 plants going in my backyard and i would basically get rid of them from one plant so they would move to another and if your not moving your plants they'll set up shop on the back side where you cant see then a couple weeks later you move it and wow that branch is covered and when they get like that your doomed good luck bob i tried that sns 209 last summer didnt phase them kept everything else off but not those all i can say is you dont want them in your tent.

The white spots are exoskeletons from the nymphs turning into adults. They are pesky SOBs. Plants dont seem to be affected much at all. I'll be bud washing that crap off.

The life cycle in a greenhouse with temps 70F + is females only and they give birth to live nymphs asexually no wings all females. They dont need to fly to reproduce in greenhouse conditions. Outdoors they have a lot of predator insects that love the honeydew. Ants are one, they clean off an entire plant.

Hoping the lady bugs do their thing.

We really don't get to see the beauty of how lady bugs decimate aphids. The adults can eat up to 50 aphids per day. But here is what they do that really destroys them. The lady bugs will lay their eggs in an aphid infestation. Soon as they hatch.....BUFFET!!! The juvenile lady bugs go to town YO!!! They eat everything on that leaf and then start moving on throughout the plant.

I still find the best way to get rid of the aphid infestation is to get you a flashlight right at lights out and start shinning under the leaves. Its will shadow ANY pests on the underside of the leaves. Simply pluck the leaves that show infestations or squash them if you want to keep the leaves. Then keep your eyes open for any stray aphids moving on the stems. You get really good at spotting them with a little practice. I had a buddy come over and I was showing him the garden and I looked down and was like "oh shit, there's one!, and there's one, and there's one".

Took him a bit to even see one LOL. He was like damn man, how do you see them fuckers that quick? LOL practice my friend....practice. Easy to see stuff once you know what you are looking for.

We really don't get to see the beauty of how lady bugs decimate aphids. The adults can eat up to 50 aphids per day. But here is what they do that really destroys them. The lady bugs will lay their eggs in an aphid infestation. Soon as they hatch.....BUFFET!!! The juvenile lady bugs go to town YO!!! They eat everything on that leaf and then start moving on throughout the plant.

I still find the best way to get rid of the aphid infestation is to get you a flashlight right at lights out and start shinning under the leaves. Its will shadow ANY pests on the underside of the leaves. Simply pluck the leaves that show infestations or squash them if you want to keep the leaves. Then keep your eyes open for any stray aphids moving on the stems. You get really good at spotting them with a little practice. I had a buddy come over and I was showing him the garden and I looked down and was like "oh shit, there's one!, and there's one, and there's one".

Took him a bit to even see one LOL. He was like damn man, how do you see them fuckers that quick? LOL practice my friend....practice. Easy to see stuff once you know what you are looking for.
thats exactly what do van they are persistent fuckers you cant let up as long as you keep them like that i dont think it effects the plant much but if you let up you'll be sorry.

thats exactly what do van they are persistent fuckers you cant let up as long as you keep them like that i dont think it effects the plant much but if you let up you'll be sorry.
Yep...gotta make it a part of your routine until they are truly gone. I'm focusing on my veg tents right now. Hard to get em all when they flowering. But I like to make sure they clean going in. I just flipped a brand new batch in the 5x5 I just cleaned good yesterday. They went in with some lady bugs on them and I know there were a dozen or so lady bugs still in the tent so there are predators.

I figure all the flowering stuff I have that still has some will just be a case of keeping them at bay until chop time and clean up really good. Figure If I keep the veg girls nice a clean, then over time I'll get rid of them. Thats the goal. I freaking hate pests....and it takes work to get rid of them, but its very doable.

Also plants in veg you are simply spray with a garden hose and spray the plan down outside. I like to do it with the plant upside down so that any aphids drip off into the grass and not down into my soil. I find 2 or 3 good sprayings along with the flashlight use to hunt for infested leaves will generally take care of any infestation. Then its upkeep at that point.

Yep...gotta make it a part of your routine until they are truly gone. I'm focusing on my veg tents right now. Hard to get em all when they flowering. But I like to make sure they clean going in. I just flipped a brand new batch in the 5x5 I just cleaned good yesterday. They went in with some lady bugs on them and I know there were a dozen or so lady bugs still in the tent so there are predators.

I figure all the flowering stuff I have that still has some will just be a case of keeping them at bay until chop time and clean up really good. Figure If I keep the veg girls nice a clean, then over time I'll get rid of them. Thats the goal. I freaking hate pests....and it takes work to get rid of them, but its very doable.

Also plants in veg you are simply spray with a garden hose and spray the plan down outside. I like to do it with the plant upside down so that any aphids drip off into the grass and not down into my soil. I find 2 or 3 good sprayings along with the flashlight use to hunt for infested leaves will generally take care of any infestation. Then its upkeep at that point.
lol your talking my life this summer i never get rid of them but like you said you can keep them at bay i had them in my tent last winter then outside this summer so far nothing in the tent and your rite you want them clean when you flip im spraying regularly got a few fungas gnats to good luck with your next grow bud!

Back
Top Bottom