Thought I was late but I see the show is just getting started.
Curious to see how the swick works vs the SIP method a lot of us are using nowadays.
I remember seeing that swick style used years ago
Never grown autos and plan on going to a LOS very soon so I may not be of much help but I am following along
Hi Lootz and welcome :) Thanks for joining us. The more, the merrier. My thinking with the swick is that it does the same job as the SIP buckets but on a far simpler setup, which suited my grow space better.

Hi Carmen just throwing out a Happy New Year’s to you. It’s still early evening here on the 1st of January so Happy Happy to all.
:passitleft:
Ahh It’s just time for 4:20 here.
Thank you Nev and all the best to you and your family.
Happy New Year Carmen!!
Thank you him and happy new year to you and yours.

If same soil, maybe the difference is water? Tap vs RO vs rain, something like that?
The thing is I am not sure at this stage what is going on and I am hoping it is what Otter suggests, the plants are acclimating. I hope the condition does not persist. If it does, I think I'd be forced to conclude that it is the soil since my 4 winter plants grown in the same soil had leaf issues. I use dechlorinated tap water.

Both little plants have shown pre-flower. They are tiny still, so should I be expecting them to remain tiny if they are showing first pistils already?

RR XXL Auto first pistils Day 16

DSC_0910-Edit.jpg

SK Auto first pistils Day 16

DSC_0905-Edit.jpg

You: I’m bloody furious
Me: omg she’s so. fucking. cute!

You got this Carm. That calmag will balance things :)
Thanks Tra, It doesn't seem to have got much worse today. Holding thumbs (South African for finger crossing) :)

Thank you Otter. How long can I expect it to take for issues to correct in LOS? I top watered the calmag straight down the roots hoping for a quick fix.
I mentioned maybe acclimated?, but since you fed calmag the problem should stop right away.
I hope the condition does not persist. If it does, I think I'd be forced to conclude that it is the soil since my 4 winter plants grown in the same soil had leaf issues.
So the calmag application should do it. If the group is having cal def then there's not enough in the water or built into the soil and your making up for that.

Day 16 And Training Begins
Since settling on quadlining for this grow I have done some introductory reading of the Quad Squad thread.

The fifth node is evident on both plants. I will top the plants above the fourth node in a couple of days. It is advisable to remove the lower branches a few days before topping to give the plants time to recover before they lose their heads. The cotyledons are not the first node. The first node starts where the first true leaves appeared.

RR XXL Auto
DSC_0914.jpg
DSC_0916.jpg
DSC_0918.jpg

SK Auto
DSC_0915.jpg
DSC_0917.jpg
DSC_0919.jpg

A Note About The Swick
I am treating this grow as experimental. I am learning how to dial in the Swick so that it is wicking optimal moisture to the developing roots. It's not easy. I had to take one pot off its Swick (SK) because the bottom was soggy. When I did that I discovered that the feed had turned rotten and the perlite in that basin is septic. I think it is because the pot was not raised above the reservoir and no air could get in there. I have rinsed it several times and it is now spread out in the sun. I raised the pot onto a cake cooler and directed a fan onto it. The watermark is moving up the grow bag slowly. The other pot (RR) is raised a few inches above the reservoir on damp perlite and it seems to be wicking properly. Judging from the structure of the plants, they are loving the moisture level and have their hands in the air like they just don't care.

Thank you for visiting my grow!

Sheeit man.... oh well what do you think would be the best way to keep them with enough water for the week, Bluter?
it's very hard to leave seedlings for any amount of time, they can be more delicate than children, there are so many imponderables what can/could happen whilst they are tiny, ive been growing since '76 & i just make sure im there for the babies that first 2-3wks if it is in any way possibe...its the only sure way ive found

it's very hard to leave seedlings for any amount of time, they can be more delicate than children, there are so many imponderables what can/could happen whilst they are tiny, ive been growing since '76 & i just make sure im there for the babies that first 2-3wks if it is in any way possibe...its the only sure way ive found
After having left these two for a week in the swick and come home to see them in their glory I feel confident to do it again though.

they do look like they are healthy!
Thank you MrX :)
This thread moves so quick :eek: astonishing lol I may also just be pretty medicated :ganjamon: hope you are having a good day, the garden sure looks nice!
Lol! Medicated is the best way to be :) I am having a good day and I hope you are too iamhim.

Thank you MrX :)

Lol! Medicated is the best way to be :) I am having a good day and I hope you are too iamhim.
Every day above ground is a good day:surf:
I quite enjoy surfing the waves of life lately
Gardening has really been a very effective antidepressant not to mention the self produced meds

Back
Top Bottom