Good outcome, IMO! Guess it was worth the 8 pages or so of discussion! :laughtwo:

Don't you just love it when a plan works perfectly?
Good job keeping the girls happy in your absence, Carmen ! 👍

Game on!

Carmen to Big Box Retailer Salesperson: "I'd like to grow some plants. Can you point me to the dishwashing bowl section?"

:laughtwo:

(This from the guy who asked Santa for some buckets. ) :rolleyes:
ROFL! Did Santa bring you the desired buckets?
Good morning Carm!

Omg they look great :)

And welcome home!
Thank you Tra. It is so nice to be back in my own space and sleep in my own bed.
I honestly wasn't sure what to expect in terms of growth and development so I am thrilled to see them looking perky and strong.
NIce job keeping them happy in your absence!
Thank you Otter. I'm very glad I took the risk and got the swick levels right. I am super impressed with how simple it is.
Welcome back, i hope you enjoyed your trip! They look great, happy they were okay in your absence😊
Thank you CH it was a special time with family. We are a small family and my parents are aging quickly due to health issues. My son lives close to them so he is attentive and on hand when they need him to drive them places etc. It's hard to say goodbye.
Good outcome, IMO! Guess it was worth the 8 pages or so of discussion! :laughtwo:
LAMO! Thank you GDB!

:bravo: and welcome home!
Thank you, it is good to be back :)
Don't you just love it when a plan works perfectly?
Good job keeping the girls happy in your absence, Carmen ! 👍
I'm thrilled to bits and can't wait to take it to the next level! Thanks Carcass.

Day 13: Upcan & Big Girl Swick
Today was the day for an upcan. Roots were premature but I was worried about the long stems and I wanted to bury them asap. Now the plants are in their 20 L big girl cloth pots resting on swick reservoirs. I have been spraying the surface where the seedlings went in and I intend to do a moat watering around the seedlings to give them something until the bottom water has time to wick.

DSC_0835.jpg

Living Organic Soil in Cloth Pots on Perlite Swick
These pots will be rotated daily.
DSC_0848-Edit.jpg

Red Russian XXL Auto
DSC_0842-Edit.jpg

Skywalker Kush Cut Auto
DSC_0849-Edit.jpg

RR working of her 4th set of leaves at day 13 above ground
DSC_0844-Edit.jpg

SK Not quite pushing 4th set of leaves at day 13 above ground
DSC_0847-Edit.jpg

Thank you for looking in. Comments, questions and suggestions are all welcome :)

DSC_0839-Edit.jpg

Good morning everybody :)

A Note About The Swick
I filled the plastic bowls to three quarter height with perlite. I mixed enough amended dechlorinated water to fill the reservoirs with liquid to two thirds height. I wriggled the pots heavily into the damp perlite and I have the very base of the pot resting on wet. I moat watered all the way to the outside of the pot so that the damp soil will conduct water by capillary action, wicked from the perlite reservoir.

Judging how much water to deliver top and bottom takes time and I did not rush it. I up-potted yesterday, wriggled the pots into the perlite and did a small moat water around the plants to settle them into their new homes. Today I topped up the water in the reservoirs and gave a more thorough moat watering. I am monitoring the movement of the liquid through the cloth grow bags so that I can make any adjustments that may become necessary.
DSC_0860-Edit.jpg

RR XXL Auto, day 13
DSC_0850-Edit.jpg

SK Auto, day 13
DSC_0854-Edit.jpg

#swick #swicking #wick #wicking #perlite #los

Thanks for the support. Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

Growing autos hard. Winning. Happy happy and all that. I know I said I would update but as this is the first bit of time alone, I'm having a cold one after enjoying a morning at Camps bay with my little assholes.
Catching up on the 700 notifications haha.
Looking tops Gromigo.

I'm having a cold one after enjoying a morning at Camps bay with my little assholes.
Ah man that sounds heavenly! Happy happies to you and yours too LR. May 2023 bring solutions and progress :surf:
Thanks so much for posting about your swick journey, they are always so informative😊 the girls look like they are enjoying the transplant
Thank you so much for your interest and encouragement CH :) I'm grateful to be able to learn and share with so many top notch growmies at 420 Mag.
Way to zwick Carmen!
Yay, I think I've got the balance right, Otter :) I needed to pour some of the liquid out of the reservoirs so that the base of the pot was no longer in wetness. The soil feels cool, damp and bouncy. It feels just right to me. I stuck a long bbq skewer into the soil and left it for a while. it came out moist top to bottom but not soggy or wet :blunt:
Cutting edge shit happening here!

:nomo:
It feels completely natural to me to wick. An invitation from @Azimuth to the SIP Club got me thinking in this direction. SIP felt wrong for my situation and I needed to find a solution that would work for me. It was Azi who suggested that I Swick with perlite. By the way, if anyone can tell me why or how it came to be named Swick, I'd love to know! It feels so right and so simple to grow this way :green_heart:

It’s got to be a very good feeling looking at your plants today as to what you were thinking the day you left for vacation.
:green_heart:

Are you planning on topping these autos?
It was a super feeling walking through the door and seeing them like that :) thanks Nev.
I am going to top at the 4th and remove the lower two, then train out. What do you think? I don't recall ever having removed the lower two but that seems to be a thing that produces monster plants.

I don't recall ever having removed the lower two but that seems to be a thing that produces monster plants.
No worries about removing those lower branches, Carmen-
I usually leave them on, but most of the time, they produce very little- on that zkittles I grew last, the branches from node 1 are probably responsible for about 3 or 4 grams of the final yield- so next to nothing...

No worries about removing those lower branches, Carmen-
I usually leave them on, but most of the time, they produce very little- on that zkittles I grew last, the branches from node 1 are probably responsible for about 3 or 4 grams of the final yield- so next to nothing...
Thank you Carcass, that helps :)

2 Week Old Auto Seedlings in Swick
Screenshot (281).png

DSC_0861-Edit.jpg
DSC_0867-Edit.jpg
DSC_0864-Edit.jpg
DSC_0870-Edit.jpg

This is what the development looks like at 2 weeks.
Looking great Carmen, glad your plan for being away worked. All the best for the new year to you & yours!

Back
Top Bottom