Critical Kush - First Time Grow - Coco Coir

I think the consensus is to wait a little longer? Your certainly can I was just reading bedroom farmer posts the other day saying he prefers to really let the roots fill before transfer. I'm under the impression you can transfer whenever but most prefer to let the roots really build up first. Another thing I read when they your leaves grow out over the edge of the container it's time.... umm Santana paging Santana lol we need your professional opinion on this one I think :)
Okay good cuz I'm not overly excited about doing that right. Felt a cold coming on and sure it enough it hit me like a sac of bricks today.

When I do In a week or however many days it takes....move up to 2 or 3 is best. I think I'll end up finishing in 5 gal? Or is 2 5gal too much for my tent.
I put as big of pots as I can physically fit to allow for a larger root volume. One bitty little root does not mean up pot, you want lots of roots, so many that you won't mind ripping a few out from the bottom of the pot if you have to. It's not like these plants are hyper sensitive, they are weeds. You DO want a solid root mass if you want big yields. Just my two cents. Good luck.

I would let them roll and upgrade as needed. And as soon as they fill up nice go 3 then 5 and then maybe even 7 or bigger they have those super cool shallow fabric pots that are way wider than they are tall probably awesome for scrog!

I put as big of pots as I can physically fit to allow for a larger root volume. One bitty little root does not mean up pot, you want lots of roots, so many that you won't mind ripping a few out from the bottom of the pot if you have to. It's not like these plants are hyper sensitive, they are weeds. You DO want a solid root mass if you want big yields. Just my two cents. Good luck.
Thanks. This is all new to me

You have a journal for that grow. If you don't mind sharing a bit more info about the set up u had and just any general good to know knowledge that I can tuck into my knowledge bank. Thanks yield too ofcourse I HAVE to know.
I have the link in my signature, it's the one labeled as current grow as it was a part of my current perpetual grow. I was running 3 clones in 5 gallon pots in a 3x3 (slightly larger than) scrog setup. I grew them too tall for my space on accident so I had more than a good few airy fox tailing buds which hurt my yield, it ended up being 10 ounces of nice buds and the rest went to wax. Not really anything special to give you tips on besides the fast growth also it did go a good bit longer than breeders estimate time (10 weeks) but I think this was in part to the light stress so I would take that as probably circumstantial results.

Looking good dude, bet the hands were a bit shaky doing that snip
Oh have no idea. I was sweating too.
I have the link in my signature, it's the one labeled as current grow as it was a part of my current perpetual grow. I was running 3 clones in 5 gallon pots in a 3x3 (slightly larger than) scrog setup. I grew them too tall for my space on accident so I had more than a good few airy fox tailing buds which hurt my yield, it ended up being 10 ounces of nice buds and the rest went to wax. Not really anything special to give you tips on besides the fast growth also it did go a good bit longer than breeders estimate time (10 weeks) but I think this was in part to the light stress so I would take that as probably circumstantial results.
I'll head over and have a look

Stick around and keep an eye on the girls. I do frequent photo updates. It's my first grow and I can't help it. I'm always listening and wanting to learn more so feel free to shower me with more useful knowledge. I'm not overly in a hurry with these girls so if they did veg longer I wouldn't mind too too much.

Alright. I dunno if I did it right or wrong but I did it. Holy crap I was beginning to break out a sweat. Anyway here they are
420-magazine-mobile1685391789.jpg
I forgot to take a pre pic of this one.
420-magazine-mobile1269188610.jpg
This here is the shrivel leaf girl before
420-magazine-mobile346301449.jpg
and a couple of after shots
420-magazine-mobile1940220549.jpg

Looks more like a FIM, than a top you might have 3 branches instead of 2 watch the center come back with some funky looking leaves with tips cut off

I think the consensus is to wait a little longer? Your certainly can I was just reading bedroom farmer posts the other day saying he prefers to really let the roots fill before transfer. I'm under the impression you can transfer whenever but most prefer to let the roots really build up first. Another thing I read when they your leaves grow out over the edge of the container it's time.... umm Santana paging Santana lol we need your professional opinion on this one I think :)

How big is the plant and how big is the current pot, for auto i get peat moss cups that just get put into a bigger pot when it's time and dissolve with water, they are awesome and I can grow a 4 ft plant in a 3 gallon smart pot all the way thru flower this lemon haze just got flipped and she is only in a 3
420-magazine-mobile1998997148.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1734872616.jpg
all cleaned up and flipped last night

Houston come in. Houston. Are you there. We may, or may not, have a developing situation, over.
420-magazine-mobile1741241381.jpg
420-magazine-mobile996327889.jpg

Some of these roots are beginning to poke out the bottom. Is this a "up pot" sign or am I just being paranoid
Topping your plant is a stress. Transplanting is a stress too. Whenever possible let your plant recover from 1 stress and have a couple days of vigorous growth before stressing it again.

That goes for any potted plant not just cannabis. On annual plants heavy stress causing a week of stagnation is equal to 5% of its life gone without production. Do it a few times and you can easily lose a quarter of the plants lifetime potential whereas one stress at a time with recovery allowed will be almost unnoticable to the final outcome of the plants potential as a single stress wont usually stop a plant but multiple stresses will.

How big is the plant and how big is the current pot, for auto i get peat moss cups that just get put into a bigger pot when it's time and dissolve with water, they are awesome and I can grow a 4 ft plant in a 3 gallon smart pot all the way thru flower this lemon haze just got flipped and she is only in a 3
420-magazine-mobile1998997148.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1734872616.jpg
all cleaned up and flipped last night
Plant is only a few inches tall since the snip. Bout the same size as a normal lighter. They're both in 1 gal air pots. I have a gorilla tent so it's fairly tall. Almost touches the roof in the bedroom. But I have to take into account my light up there and Inline fan n carbon filter that's taking up room up top too. So will have to carefully plan so they don't stretch too too much
420-magazine-mobile970929944.jpg

Looks more like a FIM, than a top you might have 3 branches instead of 2 watch the center come back with some funky looking leaves with tips cut off
I was thinking I better have minimum 4 new ones. If not then I'll consider it a fail and next grow try a bit higher or lower.

Only time will tell, but it looks like a proper FIM brother I wouldn't be surprised if you had four new tops from that. Just remember like they mentioned above, the tallest branches will become the dominant tops as long as there tallest so don't be shy about bending and LSTing the taller ones below the lowers so they grow more evenly .

Only time will tell, but it looks like a proper FIM brother I wouldn't be surprised if you had four new tops from that. Just remember like they mentioned above, the tallest branches will become the dominant tops as long as there tallest so don't be shy about bending and LSTing the taller ones below the lowers so they grow more evenly .
That's what I'm counting on you guys for. Point and I shoot(tie,bent etc) so to speak.

Haha, I'm not a professional, just experienced. I also like to fill the pot with roots before transfer. Growing autos are a little different. I like the solo cups, it allows me to pop the medium and roots out to have a peak and they don't seem to mind. I would look for roots scattered around the bottom of those air pots then pot up. That root will air prune and start branching more. I'd wait a bit Swagg.

Back
Top Bottom