Crumbs To Brix: Archiweedies' Organic, 4x8

I usually let mine develop more before I top. I like to give the root system a chance to fill up the pot before shocking the plant. It's real personal preference though, you could top now and be perfectly fine.
That’s exactly why I asked because I know the real focus right now is roots. I assume topping will slow down root growth.

Update Day 21
Decided to top the plants this morning after all. I noticed that this Blueberry is kinda stretchy between nodes. I hope it’s not a male. Both plants are throwing seven blades fans on the newer growth and as they are now three weeks old I lowered the light to 3 foot above canopy with all switches on.

Blueberry
02A291B8-F15A-4E83-A4BA-9B37ED533504.jpeg
FD804FC5-B378-4432-A27B-B9A5DE419CC8.jpeg

Durban Poison
48863D65-3A86-4792-9BB6-C8E8D88778C7.jpeg
991AC946-5948-4BF1-B51B-36EF519F4168.jpeg

Happy Friday everyone!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I lowered the lights from 4' above canopy to 3' above canopy. The 4' above canopy was the recommended height by the manufacturer for young seedlings and plants transitioning from a different light. Well the two Bedroom Cookies mother plants ( Roots Organic soil w/osmocote plus) have been under HPS for several weeks so I wanted to ease everybody into the new light. All switches and knobs are set to max at 3' above canopy.

Edit Edit: I double checked and the actual recommendation is for plants transitioning to start at 3 feet or higher. 5 feet for seedlings. I apparently settled on 4 foot as a happy medium between young plants and old. I realize this could have caused the stretch in Blueberry now that I re-read the recommendations.

Update Day 21
Decided to top the plants this morning after all. I noticed that this Blueberry is kinda stretchy between nodes. I hope it’s not a male. Both plants are throwing seven blades fans on the newer growth and as they are now three weeks old I lowered the light to 3 foot above canopy with all switches on.

Blueberry
02A291B8-F15A-4E83-A4BA-9B37ED533504.jpeg
FD804FC5-B378-4432-A27B-B9A5DE419CC8.jpeg

Durban Poison
48863D65-3A86-4792-9BB6-C8E8D88778C7.jpeg
991AC946-5948-4BF1-B51B-36EF519F4168.jpeg

Happy Friday everyone!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I lowered the lights from 4' above canopy to 3' above canopy. The 4' above canopy was the recommended height by the manufacturer for young seedlings and plants transitioning from a different light. Well the two Bedroom Cookies mother plants ( Roots Organic soil w/osmocote plus) have been under HPS for several weeks so I wanted to ease everybody into the new light. All switches and knobs are set to max at 3' above canopy.

Edit Edit: I double checked and the actual recommendation is for plants transitioning to start at 3 feet or higher. 5 feet for seedlings. I apparently settled on 4 foot as a happy medium between young plants and old. I realize this could have caused the stretch in Blueberry now that I re-read the recommendations.
your plants look great, man. Durbs are bigger than mine, despite being almost the same age to the day. Up where I live, it's been chilly lately, but I have been able to keep tent temperature in the mid 20s. 75 or so to you. Anyway, good luck and it'll be cool to see what we get!

your plants look great, man. Durbs are bigger than mine, despite being almost the same age to the day. Up where I live, it's been chilly lately, but I have been able to keep tent temperature in the mid 20s. 75 or so to you. Anyway, good luck and it'll be cool to see what we get!
Thank you BlueGreen and welcome aboard! It’s my first experience with Durban so I hope to experience her terpenes in all their glory!

Morning everyone! I put some serious time into the environmental aspects of the garden last night. I was okay with what I had but my humidity needed a little more control and my little humidifier was struggling to do much at all in here. It just ran and ran and ran, fighting the exhaust fan to not get sucked out of there.

I looked at several commercial options and found a place called House of Hydro who makes a ultrasonic fogger system in several sizes. Utilizing a 27 gallon tote, I made 3 holes in the lid. One for the 120mm fan and two for the fog to come out.
The fan and discs are controlled by my environmental controller that has a 5% deadband built in. Since hooking it up, my RH has been very accurate and has actually instilled a little more confidence about this environmental controller I have. After burning the midnight oil a little, I am not as eager to replace it. I have the humidifier set to come on during the dark period, which my controller also activates.

The bad news is that the new light may have a bit of a problem developing. I'll elaborate more after, I get a conversation going with Neil from Perfect Sun.

Hope everyone is having a great one!

Did they just wake up? How heavy to the pots feel.
They go to sleep in an hour but they seem very droopy all the time. Soil is separating from the side of the pots. The pots are light but not feather light.

What KB said! They also look droopy right before lights out. Pot should feel like it's filled with feathers.

Merry Brixmas! :ganjamon:
Haha Merry Brixmas! That’s great! These plants seem droopy all the time.

They go to sleep in an hour but they seem very droopy all the time. Soil is separating from the side of the pots. The pots are light but not feather light.
Ween is on point, plants getting ready for lights out. If you ever feel like you need to water in veg, give it a day and see what they look like. They are pretty resilient and even if the plants wilt they will pop right back up with a watering. It's more important to not let the plants wilt in flower, but right now your just building a root system.

Ween is on point, plants getting ready for lights out. If you ever feel like you need to water in veg, give it a day and see what they look like. They are pretty resilient and even if the plants wilt they will pop right back up with a watering. It's more important to not let the plants wilt in flower, but right now your just building a root system.
Okay, Ill wait until lights on and report back guys! They just seem droopy all the time lately. Maybe light too close? bouncing back from topping maybe?

Some strains are just like that. Look at magoos G13, aka droopy drawers, she's looking pretty great now! I hope your issue with the Max Yield is not too big a deal but Neil will take care of you, it comes with a 3 year warranty. If it were me, I'd have it at least 3 feet above that young plant.

:passitleft:

Some strains are just like that. Look at magoos G13, aka droopy drawers, she's looking pretty great now! I hope your issue with the Max Yield is not too big a deal but Neil will take care of you, it comes with a 3 year warranty. If it were me, I'd have it at least 3 feet above that young plant.

:passitleft:
Thanks Ween and KB! Yea I saw Magoos plant but it looked way better after transplant thats for sure. The plants are exactly 3 foot, maybe I should give them an extra couple inches for safety sake?
I think I see what the problem is with the light, I just need to get ahold of Neil. I'll exercise patience until after the holidays as it is not that pressing and Ive found a workaround temporarily.

Back
Top Bottom