Dark Matter, Red Sky, Chunky Cherry Thai, BP Skunk In LOS

Interesting journal @StoneOtter

Mind if I stick around and suck up some little tidbits laying around.

Tok..
Hey Tok, glad to have you aboard! This journal has had its ups and downs and it's early yet. We'll have a tent full of juicy flower in it's time I guess, but we'll have some fun along the way! I seem to remember you have a grow? I don't see a link in your sig. to visit.

NEVILLE'S HAZE UPDATE

Good and happy monday morning everyone!
The lady Neville had her first lst today, Low stress training. The top two shoots grew to a few inches and were able to be bent over to horizontal. I did the same to the next node down to keep the four shoot tops level with each other. That's the beginning of my flat canopy quest! There will be adjustments along the way. I want to keep all the branch tops even with each other at some level. The branches below will catch up and I'll do the same with them the best I can. My quest is to have all the colas getting the same full bore(I'm the top) signal, make me grow the most! Here she is this morning, have a great day.

Highya SO,

Love the tutorial on lst. I'm guessing Neville's Haze will stretch quite a lot after the flip. You probably already thought of that. It will be fun to see how you handle the canopy during stretch. Anyways, you have a great day, too! Happy Smokin'

I seem to remember you have a grow?

I haven't started a new grow yet; I am in the middle of getting the equipment and supplies.

I will do one more grow before summer and it is a practice run at a 1 kilo DWC 4x4 scrog.

I can normally get a pound or so a plant, so now it time to go BIG or go home.

I was using a 5 gallon bucket and it will not be big enough for my plans (larger root mass); so I bought a 10 gallon bucket for my next run.

I think it will be fun to try for 1 kilo plant in 3-4 months grow time.

Tok..

Highya SO,

Love the tutorial on lst. I'm guessing Neville's Haze will stretch quite a lot after the flip. You probably already thought of that. It will be fun to see how you handle the canopy during stretch. Anyways, you have a great day, too! Happy Smokin'
Hey Bode, I was being coached by a seasoned sativa grower who isn't around these days, two actually, so I got some things. I'm hoping she goes nuts on the stretch, she's not like anything I've grown to date. Please feel free to help out all you like. She's 3 or 4 days into flower and building pistol clusters now. I would have had to do this work well before the flowering time in everything I've grown in the past. New growth is coming in good and steady now too.

Ah, good to know. I won't worry for you, and just sit back and enjoy your work. Happy Smokin'

I haven't started a new grow yet; I am in the middle of getting the equipment and supplies.

I will do one more grow before summer and it is a practice run at a 1 kilo DWC 4x4 scrog.

I can normally get a pound or so a plant, so now it time to go BIG or go home.

I was using a 5 gallon bucket and it will not be big enough for my plans (larger root mass); so I bought a 10 gallon bucket for my next run.

I think it will be fun to try for 1 kilo plant in 3-4 months grow time.

Tok..
That will be an awesome run Tok!

wow, nice journal! I have roughly 30 gallons of used soil i want to cook into LOS for early fall plantings and a 16 to 20 week sativa, hula dancer,( family tree seeds) 3 days in flower mode under a budgetgrowlights.com 250 xl series 3 so if all good w you I'm watching this grow.

wow, nice journal! I have roughly 30 gallons of used soil i want to cook into LOS for early fall plantings and a 16 to 20 week sativa, hula dancer,( family tree seeds) 3 days in flower mode under a budgetgrowlights.com 250 xl series 3 so if all good w you I'm watching this grow.
Hey Yogi, welcome! Thanks for the visit. Hula Dancer looks fun! I'm new at this long running sativa growing. Bee right over. Bzzzzzzzzz

Bovedas move the RH pretty slowly in a jar of buds (faster in a ziploc obv), so make sure you give the meters time to give you an accurate reading.
Mind if I stick around and suck up some little tidbits laying around..
Like a mouse? Careful!
The top two shoots grew to a few inches and were able to be bent over to horizontal. I did the same to the next node down to keep the four shoot tops level with each other. That's the beginning of my flat canopy quest! There will be adjustments along the way.
That's how I train mine too! Gonna be fun to watch you wrangle a stretchy think like the Haze. :thumb:

Bovedas move the RH pretty slowly in a jar of buds (faster in a ziploc obv), so make sure you give the meters time to give you an accurate reading.
You bet! I put these in over two days ago. Each and every one is ok by me. There's a reason they call it "relative" humidity. I'm pretty sure the temp makes a difference in what that number really means too. These things are worse as the rh gets closer to 30% as well. In the bag and look. All in a spec I can use. That 65% is upside down, it's 59% Edit" it's a 62% boveda like humidifier.

Looks like they're a lot more accurate in the range you need them to be! :thumb:

Temperature is exactly what humidity is relative to! Warmer air can hold more moisture, so if (in a sealed containter) your RH at 60º is 50%, it will be lower if you raise the temperature of the air, higher if you lower it.
Paying attention gets more important every day! I've heard that in other context and didn't connect the dots. In another life I repaired vacuum equipment that relied on heat and temp to dry out the air in a chamber. Applied concept I think.

HYGROMETER CALIBRATION UPDATE

The hygrometer re cal went as we suspected. Still all over the place in my kitchen. I suspect the rh is running no more than 30% today.

I have the cure! Actually @Virgin Ground does. I put them all in a zippy bag with a large 62% boveda pack. That puts them in the "zone of preference" so when I get close they will kick in and be spot on at the critical rh. 62% is far from 75% it appears.

YAY for VirginGround!

:woohoo::party:

UPDATE
ORIGINAL PURPOSE WE'RE HERE!

Good day all! Yesterday and last night made a full germination for these beauties, thank Tommy Chong! One of them is represented in the back solo, a Black Poison Skunk at 20 days old. I'll be using her as a trainer of sorts as we go along. No agenda yet but likely breeding.
These are the original lineup in the journal title, round 2.
Now The Rev has some conditions he calls for in growing his gear. Less light on in veg time for one. 16/8 0n/off for veg and 11.5/12.5 flowering. Let's go with it and see how they go.

First let's look at the Black Poison Skunk as he writes it up.

"The father (Black Poison) is a hybrid recombining my Black Forrest male and my Black Durban. A severely smelly and deadly variety with intensity for days… The mother is my Red Russian Skunk, a super olden (like olden from the early 80’s) inbred line of true Skunk with huge yields, fast finishing times and a devastating high-type. I do mean devastating too, this Skunk line along with being super skunk smelling and covered in resin, is also dumbfounding to both body and head.

This variety is sure to please most peeps in a big way with a big punch and large yields. The acrid cat piss smells of the Black Forrest combined with the super skunky terps of the Red Russian Skunk should make some of the smelliest cannabis you have ever grown; along with a ride that should be unforgettable in both power and legs"
  • Flowering Time Indoors: 63 – 70 days
Dark Matter

"A giant yield with a deadly punch, cash cropper style plant here, and all the way through selecting the females in the CTF (Cherry Thunderfuck) line I always selected for the Matanuska Valley Thunderfuck (MVTF) expressions, as I possessed this original clone way back when. What can I say about this one except super easy to grow, not fussy at all about anything, a huge yielding hash-hard bud, producing massive resin with a distinctive MVTF slant to it. The lemony mango sickeningly sweet flavors are really brought out huge with a two-week cure. She has excellent bag appeal and just beautiful huge buds. The Dark Matter paternal breeding parent (male) was also one of mine I have been working for years now, the Rusty Haze, which consists of Skunk #1/Bubblegum (male) x Metal Haze. So, as you can extrapolate this lovely variety is truly worthy and she performs perfect indoors with regards to height and stretch and is a monster outdoors.

Also, must add here that this has become one of my all-time favorite plants to make hash (dry CO2 sifted) from. I normally keep the top half of the plant (flowers) and use the bottom half (flowers) to make hash with. The hash is superior in its’ properties across the board. Great long legs, very intense, and the hash remains in a semi-gooey state, very malleable without coming apart, which is primo! A must try if you are able."
70 day flower time.

Chunky Cherry Thai

"The (paternal P1) father is two individual male Deep Chunks. Deep Chunk is a long IBL Hashplant indica from Afghanistan introduced and inbred by Tom Hill. Since getting Deep Chunk about a decade ago I have inbred her 3 or 4 times, leaning towards the larger sized and larger yielding purple phenotypes with the greatest resin production. I originally got these DC seeds from my old buddy “Moonshineman” (Jay) who got them directly from Tom Hill.

The (maternal P1) mother, KOS’s own Cherry Thai that I made over a decade ago. She is a hybrid of Cherry Bomb and two different Thai females. The Cherry Bomb was an F3 out of Hawaii that combined 3 landrace/cultivar Hawaiian sativas and the legendary Cherry AK47. One of the Thai females was my own “Batdambang” Thai I got from my cousin directly from Vietnam, a true deadly gooey Thai indeed. The other Thai female was a legit Juicyfruit Thai (the 14 week version) from a Holland breeder connection I had.

While the Chunky Cherry Thai (CCT) is a 3-way hybrid, she will likely have some environmental preferences. Her pH preferences will likely be on the higher side, due to the strong influences of the male Deep Chunk in the cross. I would also avoid overwatering her like the plague. I would also be very certain my darkness cycle when flowering these was pitch black baybee! Thai is less than forgiving when it comes to light poisoning or photoperiod anomalies. Mold weaknesses will likely be present, so coastal outdoor growing would be a poor choice.

The Chunky Cherry Thai’s potency will be severe, and likely on the super spacy side as well. Peeps that get paranoid from some sativas should approach this one with caution the first time trying her out. A lot of fun is what I think the hightype will be, hell I’m a super-Thai fan and there are two of the best Thai strains I’ve ever had in this cross. It took me the first half of 2019 to select the Cherry Thai female P1 mother for this cross, and the Deep Chunk were selected for resin production, size, yield, and purple expressions."
70ish days flowering.

Red Sky

"KOSThe (paternal P1) father is the legendary Cherry Hemmingway male. A hybrid of a landrace Bhutan, and Rez Dog’s Firecracker (Williams Wonder x NYC Diesel).

The female KOS’s own Skyanchor (Bogglegum x PSI) a cross using a prime selected male of BOG’s Bogglegum. A bad ass old-school hybrid made using a Northern Lights #5 (real deal) crossed to a Bubblegum (real deal). The female used to make the Skyanchor was my clone only PSI (Purple Salem Indica) that I was given by my good friend Keith, in Salem, OR, USA. Some kind of crazy old Purple Kush variant; potency is not only severe with this baby, but supernaturally intense.

The Cherry Hemmy is well known by me to relate large yields and incredible vigor along with increased resin production, and also usually relates cream soda, vanilla, or cherry-ish terpenes, making exotic and addictive combinations when used as part of any hybrid. So, the Red Sky yields well—very well."
70 days flowering max.

Ok now, that's what we're going to be indulging in and I'll be confident of that in two weeks when they look like they want to jump out of their cups! Let's hope! Have a great day everyone!

Highya SO,

The descrpitions sound tantalizingly interesting! Whoever wrote those must've recieved a pulitzer prize. Quite interesting! It'll be fun to watch, and interesting to get the smoke reports! Great choices! Happy Vapin'

Back
Top Bottom