Dark Matter, Red Sky, Chunky Cherry Thai, BP Skunk In LOS

SO...chalk it up to sneaky stealthy night vision bastards...I moved my game cam to the garage for a bit and found a whole new passion to relocate the few that dare to mess with advanced technology
I have to get them back in the tent cr8. they were on the basement floor in the open. I think the tent will keep them better when i do. I hate them meeces to peeces!

HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM

NO WE HAVE SOLUTIONS

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING

HUH?

Hi all, we're onto Friday, I can tell because I went to the transfer station yesterday on Thursday. ;) Sure, I still had to check my phone. Hehe. So if you reflect back to calibrating hygrometers I'll catch you up to what's happening.

I took the gaggle of hygrometers just calibrated and put them out in the air. Given math is kind of perfect I thought I should be able to add the face number with the written offset number and every meter should read close to the same result, the proper rh in the room. Nope look at the pic, they're all over the place. That's no calibration!

These are inexpensive potential tools and I want them to work. :hmmmm: I can think of one thing to do to see if I can affect the readings in a positive way, and that's put fresh batteries in them. So that's what's going on in the rh measuring front. They went back in the chamber of 75% rh. Tomorrow we'll take another look and more testing. The pic shows todays less than perfect cal..

Morning Stone.

Do you happen to have any Bovedas?
That's how I calibrated mine. I put them in a bag with a large Boveda for over 24 hrs. They say it should be stored at between 65°-75°.

2:1
Salt to water is what I found for the measurements for doing the salt test.
You could try that?
They said 1/2 c salt to 1/4 c water but you should be able to reduce this amount.

Not sure if I'm helping but I try. :love:

Morning Stone.

Do you happen to have any Bovedas?
That's how I calibrated mine. I put them in a bag with a large Boveda for over 24 hrs. They say it should be stored at between 65°-75°.
I do. I'll give them a shot in the final testing phase as a cross reference test. It's possible they just suck for about a buck. I don't mind them being off, it's them changing I'm not comfortable with. Nice idea V!

2:1
Salt to water is what I found for the measurements for doing the salt test.
You could try that?
They said 1/2 c salt to 1/4 c water but you should be able to reduce this amount.

Not sure if I'm helping but I try. :love:
You're helping! I didn't get a solid amount to work with. This run is in now. Let's see how it reacts with the batteries. If strange things happen I'll get to your recipe. Thanks!

I'd like to get some analog hygrometers. They are easy to calibrate with a screw on the back.
I hate using the cheapo battery variety.

I'm thinking some nice brass & glass ones may be just the ticket!!

I'd like to get some analog hygrometers. They are easy to calibrate with a screw on the back.
I hate using the cheapo battery variety.

I'm thinking some nice brass & glass ones may be just the ticket!!
I got 2 of those last week. They may or no be the answer. I'll re cal those too and let you know what I find. I got some sketchy readings from a calibrated one the other day.

Go with one cap in the box rather than two, and keep in mind the calibration you did was for a specific temperature at 75% RH. The variation that would happen as both those things change would probably be exponential rather than linear.
I'll try that tomorrow. Hmmm, they were all in the same cal box and they're all in the same air in the pic for an hour. Regardless of conditions the units should read the same given time to stabilize. Right or wrong. Is my thought process off?

I'm not clear on what the numbers on the paper mean in your pic, but what I meant was that something you marked at +3 when it came out of the box may not be at +3 when the RH is 40%. I don't think the error margin is linear across all temps and humidity ranges.
I get what you're saying. Could be. That would limit the use of something like that if we can only use them in a small rh zone no?
Those numbers in front of the units are what the corrected reading is. That reading in a perfect world would be the same for each one. The rh read by the corrected meter. Those were all over the place. I'd accept _+ something small like 1 or 2 if that's all they can do.

I think at those prices they probably are for a limited range, but the only thing I use them for is drying and curing, so if I have numbers anywhere in the 40s I'm screwed!

The good digital hygrometers with calibration are over $15 each, and I can't afford over $100 in meters :).
We're on the same page. I'll figure these ones out yet. Been using them for a while now like they are. I might have to pop for one good one and use it as a standard.

SO...I rely on the small multi pack hygrometers to control dry in jars. I keep about 12 in a cigar box between grows and pick those that have the same reading...they are at least calibrated to each other and probably relatively accurate.
That's what i've been doing until now. The ones looking the same do look right. We'll see what the battery change did in a bit.

HYGROMETER CALIBRATION UPDATE

The hygrometer re cal went as we suspected. Still all over the place in my kitchen. I suspect the rh is running no more than 30% today.

I have the cure! Actually @Virgin Ground does. I put them all in a zippy bag with a large 62% boveda pack. That puts them in the "zone of preference" so when I get close they will kick in and be spot on at the critical rh. 62% is far from 75% it appears.

HYGROMETER CALIBRATION UPDATE

The hygrometer re cal went as we suspected. Still all over the place in my kitchen. I suspect the rh is running no more than 30% today.

I have the cure! Actually @Virgin Ground does. I put them all in a zippy bag with a large 62% boveda pack. That puts them in the "zone of preference" so when I get close they will kick in and be spot on at the critical rh. 62% is far from 75% it appears.
Great idea from VG

Back
Top Bottom