Dark Matter, Red Sky, Chunky Cherry Thai, BP Skunk In LOS

Finally got that pollen today!
66548C58-91E3-4664-ABFA-6B3E4A4B15F4.jpeg
Good luck with your pollination as well

POLLEN PAINTING UPDATE

Good Saturday all! I got to the pollinating yesterday. Here's how I do it.
First I Shut all the fans and wait for 15 minutes. Then I pick out the subject bud and cover it with a bag. Tag the branch. Then spray the rest of the buds with water. Lift the bags and gently paint on some pollen with a tiny brush, and put the bag back on. More water spray over the rest over the buds. 48 hours for the bags, maybe less.
Tagged
Bagged
The fine mister

:party:

Bode's going to enlighten us. I've never used it.
Ill figuer er out before tben but im pretty shure it is as described i would personaly use as a component
Even just a general directions would be fine i wanna find ur cabin this summer and take a pic

Amazing beauty Dutch! I saw a bunch of trout but they didn't want my east coast baits.
havent done neaarly ennough fishin yet tips p.s. lol
Finally got that pollen today!
66548C58-91E3-4664-ABFA-6B3E4A4B15F4.jpeg
Good luck with your pollination as well
What did u use again ? Colloidal ?.

Yes. Colloidal Silver @ 250 ppm mixed 3 to 1 with distilled water.
That's interesting so you would be using about 83ppm which to my mind sounds a much better starting point. I failed miserably with attempts on 4 plants this year, I was using 24ppm so your success confirms my own thoughts of why not bump it up to bring it on more. I have mostly seen folks claiming success at 50ppm but I did read of one person who used only 20ppm.
Buy a local a coffee and get to talking fishing. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I am with you there! Trout fishing with flys, nymphs, streamers, spinners, worms, but that was in my youth, these days trout waters are too far away and I am near the sea, so I still get out for some rock fishing mostly for snapper, but good stuff, tight lines!

That's interesting so you would be using about 83ppm which to my mind sounds a much better starting point. I failed miserably with attempts on 4 plants this year, I was using 24ppm so your success confirms my own thoughts of why not bump it up to bring it on more. I have mostly seen folks claiming success at 50ppm but I did read of one person who used only 20ppm.

I am with you there! Trout fishing with flys, nymphs, streamers, spinners, worms, but that was in my youth, these days trout waters are too far away and I am near the sea, so I still get out for some rock fishing mostly for snapper, but good stuff, tight lines!
I went with painting it on once a day. Keep watching, there's no pollen yet.

I went with painting it on once a day. Keep watching, there's no pollen yet.
I was using 24ppm and spraying it on liberally to selected stems 4 to 6 times a day! So if higher strength can do the trick and only need once a day then I know what I'd choose next time!

I used CS 50ppm sprayed on once a day.

I have heard that STS (silver thiosulfate) is the easier, sure way. I believe you can even make your own fairly simply.

I may try that next time but the 50ppm is cheap and easy enough if you have the timing down.

I had been wondering about why stop at 50ppm, so to me your success proves it!
My success hasn't happened yet sir. In a week we should know. I found a journal from someone who went away and is locked. The recipe boiled down to that I think He put a whole bottle into a 44 oz beer bottle and said the mix was working. I kind of followed him. Lost the journal I was getting it from.

Looking golden, Otter!! I hope to be this successful with my reversal attempt in a few weeks.

I am curious as to why you would spray the rest of the buds with water before applying pollen to the selected branch?
In case any stray pollen blows along i don't want all the buds to be seeded. Water kills pollen. I sprayed before and after actually. I'm a half assed journaler some days. Please pardon me.

Love the pictorial Otter! Just like beez0404 woulda done...but with paper bags. :)
I need a head cam! Watching pollen fall into a bud is pretty cool. It's not a complex procedure but there's a certain pressure to keep the rest from touching the yellow dust. I find myself holding my breath in spite of wearing a mask. @beez0404 is likely the one I learned from. His journals are full of solid info I use often!

Then spray the rest of the buds with water. Lift the bags and gently paint on some pollen with a tiny brush, and put the bag back on. More water spray over the rest over the buds. 48 hours for the bags, maybe less.
High folks, I want to add when I take off the bags I wet em all down again in case any bag pollen gets set free it'll kill it. Tonight's the night for that. WHAHA!

Back
Top Bottom