Darkscotia Apprentices - Passion#1 Perfect Sun COB/8COB Citizen K

They are sturdy, vigorous and beginning to smell nice!

Nothing since Transplanting, except I dribble a quart of water on top of each one, to keep soil moisture a bit more uniform as they dry out after the first watering in bloom. I'll only do wet/dry ONCE on these, then it's all about keeping the soil moist, not wet...definitely not dry.

Picture_003443.jpg
Picture_002440.jpg
Picture_001448.jpg

Hoho ho! That's a good name for a weed club: christmas tree farm.....

When I was younger there was a couple years in a row where we would get Christmas bud. At the time it was the best weed I had smoked. Probably the first seedless weed I came across. Christmas Tree Farm would be a nice weed club :hmmmm: Add Doc Bud's in front of it and I think you have yourself another endeavor :laughtwo:

When I was younger there was a couple years in a row where we would get Christmas bud. At the time it was the best weed I had smoked. Probably the first seedless weed I came across. Christmas Tree Farm would be a nice weed club :hmmmm: Add Doc Bud's in front of it and I think you have yourself another endeavor :laughtwo:

Speaking of the Christmas Bud, I've been searching for years for what strain that was, that tasted like pine... and I think I just found it recently, and have 4 seedlings of Pine Tar Kush that are just pushing through the soil. Its rumored to be that pine flavored Christmas Bud :)

Speaking of the Christmas Bud, I've been searching for years for what strain that was, that tasted like pine... and I think I just found it recently, and have 4 seedlings of Pine Tar Kush that are just pushing through the soil. Its rumored to be that pine flavored Christmas Bud :)

I dont know if you are already but go give CSI: Humboldt a follow on IG. They are working on a preservation project of the PTK. They are also working on one for something called '78 X-mas bud. I was not around in 78 so Im not sure if that carried over into over 20 years but it is possible.

I may have to go look myself now that I think about it. They are either working both strains or they have the '78 x-mas bud and thought it was the PTK. Either way if the 78 is the same stuff everyone talks about and remembers fondly, then it seems that the 78 and the PTK are separate strains.

I have seen people on this site and others mention the christmas bud and it all sounds the same and everyone seems to hold it dear in their cannabis memories. It is crazy that it was as wide spread as it was. Whoever grew it must have been growing TONS. I have seen mentions from the North East down to Florida back to Cali and almost every where in between. I hope your PTK is the christmas bud and that you enjoy it greatly :high-five:

Im remember back in the early 90's we had some smoke around we just called pine. It got you so fucked up for 10-15 minutes after smoke we all swore it was dosed in something. Had strong taste and smell of pinesol. It would give your head spins and everything. We all still talk about that smoke today wishing we could recreate the same stuff.

1978 sounds about right Christmas tree bud in Alameda ,CA looked like 5 inch Christmas tree with heavy pine taste super frosty.... Good times.

I was raised in the bay area but missed the 70's was in HAWAII
so no recall on the Christmas tree bud. BTW the product i was getting
in the Islands were just not comparable. Brother in law got FIRED for
smoking in the bathroom, Whole shop could smell it :) anyway would
be nice to try something I missed in the day

1978 sounds about right Christmas tree bud in Alameda ,CA looked like 5 inch Christmas tree with heavy pine taste super frosty.... Good times.

Im remember back in the early 90’s we had some smoke around we just called pine. It got you so fucked up for 10-15 minutes after smoke we all swore it was dosed in something. Had strong taste and smell of pinesol. It would give your head spins and everything. We all still talk about that smoke today wishing we could recreate the same stuff.

When I was getting it it had to be around 2000. It was what we called dolor bill green. Super piney and really nice heady stoney nugs. I am not sure all the Christmas bud is even the same strain, or if all sorts of stoners had the same marketing idea.... Lets sell really nice, piney green bud around Christmas time and call it Christmas bud!

Whether it is all the same or not all I know is that everyone that talks about it talks about it fondly!

Back
Top Bottom