Dick23rk's Fresh Start: Mantis Nutrients Featuring MedicGrow's New Spectrum X+ 880w Light Panel

Great looking plants dick. Great pics, and great updates. Well done!
Thanks Mr. S, glad to have you stop by. I appreciate the kind words.

I'll be watching for you to start up your new journey :reading420magazine:

Hey all, a quick drive by with some photos for the day. All the ladies are looking perky after their feeding last night and are starting to dish out some trichomes.

I also decided since they are sugaring up now, it's time to turn on the uv/ir bars on the light panel. I did not adjust the dimmer this time so we are still at 80% power, I just pushed the button for the bars to turn on.

If any of you are looking for a powerful and wonderfully built light panel to cover a large space and that has all sorts of spectrum options built in, this is the light for you.
You can message @MedicGrow directly for more info or visit the website and check it out as well right here.

Thanks to everyone for stopping by. Here's some pictures to keep you going.

Gorgeous isn't even the word for that. Stellar maybe. What's beyond stellar?

Page 26...Here I Come! I still don't even know what the hell happened to Dick yet. All I know is I got a sneak peek at the freaking glorious canopy from a few days ago I think! I had to throw my phone across the room so I wouldn't get any other spoilers.

Screenshot_20210512-191220_Chrome.jpg

Gorgeous isn't even the word for that. Stellar maybe. What's beyond stellar?
Haha, lets not get to carried away now Jon. We are still in the early stages yet :laughtwo: :dude-knocking:
Thank you!
Page 26...Here I Come! I still don't even know what the hell happened to Dick yet. All I know is I got a sneak peek at the freaking glorious canopy from a few days ago I think! I had to throw my phone across the room so I wouldn't get any other spoilers.

Screenshot_20210512-191220_Chrome.jpg
I don't know what the hell happened to me either :rofl:
You're getting there. You really don't need to read every single page though lol
There's some more nice photo's waiting on page 26 :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey all, a quick drive by with some photos for the day. All the ladies are looking perky after their feeding last night and are starting to dish out some trichomes.

I also decided since they are sugaring up now, it's time to turn on the uv/ir bars on the light panel. I did not adjust the dimmer this time so we are still at 80% power, I just pushed the button for the bars to turn on.

If any of you are looking for a powerful and wonderfully built light panel to cover a large space and that has all sorts of spectrum options built in, this is the light for you.
You can message @MedicGrow directly for more info or visit the website and check it out as well right here.

Thanks to everyone for stopping by. Here's some pictures to keep you going.

Beautiful!

Just stopping by with some quick pictures again today. Nothing much has changed over the past couple of days aside from the buds getting a little bigger and some more trichome production happening. I was in the room lifting some pots and all seem to still be good for another day or 2 on feeding. I will get another update on these plants done tomorrow and we will also look at some comparison pictures of the dwc to see if the added calmag is helping with the light colored leaves. So just another day of riding things out, here are some more pictures I was able to grab while messing around. There is also a picture of the anatomy of the cannabis pistillate flower, this was something that came up in another journal today and I just so happened to snap a closeup picture of one. Have a great day folks, it's Friday!! :yahoo:

Just stopping by with some quick pictures again today. Nothing much has changed over the past couple of days aside from the buds getting a little bigger and some more trichome production happening. I was in the room lifting some pots and all seem to still be good for another day or 2 on feeding. I will get another update on these plants done tomorrow and we will also look at some comparison pictures of the dwc to see if the added calmag is helping with the light colored leaves. So just another day of riding things out, here are some more pictures I was able to grab while messing around. There is also a picture of the anatomy of the cannabis pistillate flower, this was something that came up in another journal today and I just so happened to snap a closeup picture of one. Have a great day folks, it's Friday!! :yahoo:

Those girls are chugging right along, eh? Excellent bud pictures. Is that your phone? If so I gotta get a new phone. Lol. Plants look as healthy as ever man. So assuming the CalMag is successfully doing it's job and takes care of that yellowing, you're looking at new growth to determine that, right? I ask cuz my buddy said the leaves that are already affected can't be fixed but the new growth should look right. Like, it's not as if those yellow leaves are gonna turn back to green for you no matter what you do, right? It's really interesting to see cuz the plant really looks like it's in great shape otherwise - just the yellow. It also seems pretty consistently and only yellow, ie, not yellow with terrible dots or something. Doesn't that indicate that it's probably one thing? Like versus being off on several at a time? Like something a CalMag will fix like you're hoping, right? Sorry for all the questions.

Here we go,
That top photo is the bolox mate

Those girls are chugging right along, eh? Excellent bud pictures. Is that your phone? If so I gotta get a new phone. Lol.
Yep not too bad. The pictures are indeed with my phone. It's the samsung galaxy s20 ultra. These are actually just normal settings and photos taken at a 3:4 ratio. I can actually use the pro setting and turn the pictures up to 108 megapixels on a 3:4 ratio.
So assuming the CalMag is successfully doing it's job and takes care of that yellowing, you're looking at new growth to determine that, right? I ask cuz my buddy said the leaves that are already affected can't be fixed but the new growth should look right. Like, it's not as if those yellow leaves are gonna turn back to green for you no matter what you do, right?
Not so much just the new growth, but the lower growth as well. Magnesium is a mobile nutrient, along with N, P and K, and will show the deficiency in the older leaves first. Immobile nutrients like calcium, boron and iron will show deficiencies in the upper leaves first. So where this issue is showing on lower growth, we've determined this is magnesium deficiency.

The leaves that are already green should stop yellowing and rusting at the tips as they get older, and the old leaves should at least stop progressing with the issue and could actually gain some of their green back. I've seen it happen in a couple of other recent grows, so I'm optimistic that if I find the right balance we could see some of that green come back into the yellow leaves, but the rust spots will remain.
It also seems pretty consistently and only yellow, ie, not yellow with terrible dots or something. Doesn't that indicate that it's probably one thing?
There was some terrible dots and rust spots along the edges on the older leaves. I will go back in my album and post a couple of photos that will show that.

Here we go,
That top photo is the bolox mate
Thanks bud! I like to mess around with getting different sorts of shots when I have a few minutes. I'm getting better, slowly. I do like that one though. I learn my angles and such from the fine people here at 420Mag!

Went and snapped a couple pictures of everyone, took the domes off for a bit and aerated the top layer of dirt a little for some air. Hoping to be able to feed them and switch back to RO water this weekend to get things balanced back out from the crappy tap water.

Day 11 - Skunk #1

I will do a full update on the room on Sunday, buts here's a little more progress on these toddler skunks. Yellowing seems to have subsided for now. Hoping a feed with mantis will fill them back up with color and produce some more vigor, they were growing quickly.

Those ones there @Jon were a bit different of a story. I had some ph issues in the beginning starting with tap water. I believe this was likely a lockout

How's it going @dick23rk

I see you are having some issues with your DWC ladies. Can you give me your current readings like, water temp, ph, ppm's, room rh?

I see a couple things starting to happen and I think the root causes is the ph in your bucket may be too low for nutrient uptake.

I keep my bucket between 5.9 and 6.2 ph. Just a thought.

So let's figure this out, and bring these ladies home in style.

Tok..

How's it going @dick23rk

I see you are having some issues with your DWC ladies. Can you give me your current readings like, water temp, ph, ppm's, room rh?

I see a couple things starting to happen and I think the root causes is the ph in your bucket may be too low for nutrient uptake.

I keep my bucket between 5.9 and 6.2 ph. Just a thought.

So let's figure this out, and bring these ladies home in style.

Tok..
Hey tok. Thanks for stopping by and also for the handy input.

My readings and environment are out of wack as you may have seen through the updates you were catching up on. Before giving you any "solid" readings I will need to do a calibration on my pen first, so I will do this tomorrow with with clear mind.

My ph going in has been around 5.4-5.5 on my pen, I know this is not ideal, but the buffered nutrients are supposed to keep the ph between 5.2 and 6.2 for optimal uptake in all style of grows. But when I mix up my nutes (calmag first) I always come out with the above mentioned ph reading. The plants have been showing what is believed to be a magnesium deficiency, so I adjusted the calmag amount up.

Otherwise. Room rh tends to be an average of 30% right now which is very hard to bring up due to the natural gas furnace in the basement which will soon not be running nearly as much and home rh will rise. Temps are good at roughly 20- 24 Celsius. Water Temps have been about 18-20 the whole time as well, sometimes down to 17

Dick you big cat you just growing pure fire
With the potted plants so far, yes. They seem to be doing quite well. We will see how the dwc turns out lol

Off to bed now, to many campfire beers lol :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom