DNA Lemon Skunk Hempy Grow

Yup, I seen that sucka and then there was no doubt.

I thought about cutting all but one stem for a bag to catch pollen, but decided not to.

You know, I thought I had seen female pre-flowers on it but they were'nt any. I just did a biop. and found no trace. I must have had a branch from it's neighbor *bubbeliciouse poking out the RL territory.

Yes, it was a DNA Freebie from Single Seed Co. and the fem. seeds I payed for were all from Nirvana. Had to clear that up.

Hope you are safe! :wood:

:

So it was male, not hermie. I feel safer now because there are female parts on all my nodes and I ID'ed the strain as female before cloning.

I've been fooled before though, thought I'd seen female pre-flowers only to have a plant turn out male. Maybe wishful thinking, it was an Afi Hindu kush and I still haven't managed to get a female of that strain yet. Still got a few seeds to pop so I might get to try that one yet.

Thanks for the info sisco.:grinjoint:

Sorry to hear about the male sisco!

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't fem seed just a better % of being female? Regular seed you got a 50/50 chance and with fem seeds it's like 70% + that you get a female?

:peace:
Yeah, I think you got it right. I knew there were possible un-wanted traights some Fem. seeds show around the start, middle, or end of a grow. Granny420 had some bad stuff happen to her.

I did pretty good with reg. seeds before, just had to try the Fem. seeds.

Sisco's Heartless! I sense a bit of joy in that story!

Woodsman is always stuck somewhere! :)

You can get Rock Lock at Attitude or any good seed bank. :smokin:

Guess, I should catch up before posting!!!!

Don't mess with the kid! Had to do it man, made an example of him infront of the rest of the gang.

Thanks for checking in on me :)

So it was male, not hermie. I feel safer now because there are female parts on all my nodes and I ID'ed the strain as female before cloning.

I've been fooled before though, thought I'd seen female pre-flowers only to have a plant turn out male. Maybe wishful thinking, it was an Afi Hindu kush and I still haven't managed to get a female of that strain yet. Still got a few seeds to pop so I might get to try that one yet.

Thanks for the info sisco.:grinjoint:
You have female pre flower, than I guess your OK. Don't stop checking though. Keep on trying man, you'll soon get that Afi in your jars.:grinjoint:

Thanks all for the comments, I'll try to get the camera to work tonight.

Oh sorry I didn't see that you mentioned the breeder. but!! we both got our seeds from the same company! and funny enough we are both growing the same thing haha. I have contacted the breeder to try and get a new seed, but they have not contacted me back yet. If you get a chance send them a picture and tell them it happened to you also and inform them its also happened to others from 420mag

if you are talking about single seed....i wrote them, and they were nice enought to email me back to say that the seeds were sold by the co. as novelty items only, and that to plant them or sprout them is a violation of most laws, as a novelty selller they are not involved until the current laws are changed.....which was a whoa moment for me....i did read that, and apologized to them....if they admit to anything then tech. they are guilty of aiding you to break the law....which could cause fed. charges against them...which is why in hydro/farm shops they wont let you mention mmj....it makes them an accomplice....we need to protect them also....the seed co. also sell for storage of seed in case the laws change in the future....that is how they can sell to us......
i have bought alot of bunk seeds in the last couple of yrs....it took 3 hawaiian snow to get one to pop, and now the clones are hermie, and it was a fem....also seeds for blueberry, which was fem....they all have goof ups, and with a new science of femming, its a risk we assume when we buy them...if you have the time, then buy the reg. seeds....they are either male or female period....not induced to be female....the chances are about 90% supposidly that the fems are fems, and if not, they stand a 10% chance of being hermie, and those seeds face similar odds....as long as they are selfed...yep, been there, done that guys....it comes down to buy another seed or dont when dealing with fems.....i prefer fems, but know and accept the consequences of buying them, and have had a few since i started getting fems....but thats the gamble.....i guess the seed co. cant acknowledge that the seed is fem or not, you sprouted it, that is a no no...its against fed. law, so the only responce they really can give you is silence or "gee, we dont want to know that" thats a no no....sorry, but that was my experience with several seed dealers....not right, but i see their point...L

I discussed my seed issue with the seedhouse as non viable souvenirs that were handled exactly the same as a different set of souvenirs, at the same time. The other set of souvenirs were 100% viable, while the non viable set were 90% failures.
The seedhouse sent a replacement set of seeds of equivalent value which were removed from the carton by certain entities. When I notified the seedhouse of the failed delivery they honored their guaranteed delivery option and sent a second set of replacements.

the second set of replacements had a staple through one of the freebies (Blue Widow) and another freebie (roadrunner) that was crushed. I left well enough alone.

Bit of a ramble and different circs but it's all in how the seedhouse is approached. I doubt they would all go as far.

^^^^ this all took about a year, lol.

Hey buddy any luck on the other camera? Did you case the other class and look for lowlife types? We want the rest of the story!
I did walk from the school to the stores next door, asked about it and got "no" for an awnser. I'll just get a new one next year with my tax refund.

No one showed up to my daughters class wearing a badge... Thanks for dropping in BlueDog.
if you are talking about single seed....i wrote them, and they were nice enought to email me back to say that the seeds were sold by the co. as novelty items only, and that to plant them or sprout them is a violation of most laws, as a novelty selller they are not involved until the current laws are changed.....which was a whoa moment for me....i did read that, and apologized to them....if they admit to anything then tech. they are guilty of aiding you to break the law....which could cause fed. charges against them...which is why in hydro/farm shops they wont let you mention mmj....it makes them an accomplice....we need to protect them also....the seed co. also sell for storage of seed in case the laws change in the future....that is how they can sell to us......
i have bought alot of bunk seeds in the last couple of yrs....it took 3 hawaiian snow to get one to pop, and now the clones are hermie, and it was a fem....also seeds for blueberry, which was fem....they all have goof ups, and with a new science of femming, its a risk we assume when we buy them...if you have the time, then buy the reg. seeds....they are either male or female period....not induced to be female....the chances are about 90% supposidly that the fems are fems, and if not, they stand a 10% chance of being hermie, and those seeds face similar odds....as long as they are selfed...yep, been there, done that guys....it comes down to buy another seed or dont when dealing with fems.....i prefer fems, but know and accept the consequences of buying them, and have had a few since i started getting fems....but thats the gamble.....i guess the seed co. cant acknowledge that the seed is fem or not, you sprouted it, that is a no no...its against fed. law, so the only responce they really can give you is silence or "gee, we dont want to know that" thats a no no....sorry, but that was my experience with several seed dealers....not right, but i see their point...L

Yep, I know you have a percentage of failure with Fem. seeds and that was the main reason I don't make a stink of it. I'm still keeping both eyes open on the rest of my grow for any signs of a rouge. I think the Free b seeds are worthless anyway, I finally got one to sprout.

Yeah, you have to be aware of the disclaimer the seed co. post, even if they do have strain reviews with yield reports :smokin:
I discussed my seed issue with the seedhouse as non viable souvenirs that were handled exactly the same as a different set of souvenirs, at the same time. The other set of souvenirs were 100% viable, while the non viable set were 90% failures.
The seedhouse sent a replacement set of seeds of equivalent value which were removed from the carton by certain entities. When I notified the seedhouse of the failed delivery they honored their guaranteed delivery option and sent a second set of replacements.

the second set of replacements had a staple through one of the freebies (Blue Widow) and another freebie (roadrunner) that was crushed. I left well enough alone.

Bit of a ramble and different circs but it's all in how the seedhouse is approached. I doubt they would all go as far.

^^^^ this all took about a year, lol.

I remember you having that problem, that back and forth thing is a killer. I'm not patient enough to try for a re-fund.

I'll always get Nirvana seeds and if they throw in a free one from somewhere else, I'll always try to germ them right away, just to get them out the way.

I tried to take pics of my girls last night, no dice. They are all doing pretty well.

I added to their "water feeding" a 1/4 tsp. of Superthrive and 1/2 tsp. of Carbo Max. Going to see what that does.

I also took one of my LS clones and put her in the flower room. :smokin:

Peace to you all!

Hey Sisco. My BK was a freebie from SSC (Green House) and I couldn't be happier with it. Sucks about those Rocklocks.

Well, lucky you... lol My Lemon Skunk is the first Free seed to do it's thing. Thanks my man.

I have some update pics!

Here is my LS and the gang.

Lemon skunk DFS 48____ (12/12) day 28 and the "gang" (12/12) day 13
014224.jpg
013248.jpg
012252.jpg
011292.jpg
010330.jpg
009336.jpg
008382.jpg
007400.jpg
006409.jpg
004492.jpg
003520.jpg
002551.jpg
001506.jpg

Forgot to document: First LS clone is in day 1, 12-12 in the red solo cup. I also wanted to say that I took all those cuttings from the cup o' water and put them in Grodan cubes, all but one that has roots coming out. I don't know what I'll do with that one. Tried to snap a picture of the roots but camera took a deuce. I put the cuttings into water 12-6.

I also took out the cfl's about a week ago. Just a pain in the ass to work them around the room. So it's all up to the 400w

Morning Sisco that LS looks gorgeous, great job! That light is really doing it for you, along with your skilz of course!

How long did you keep the clones in the glass of water? Have you run out of Labatts cans?

You also haven't posted any music in a while. You have to do your job keeping us old farts hip lol! :peace:

The ladies are looking very nice in their new digs, sisco.:cheer: I still get a little rush when I see those clumps forming, heheh. thanks for that:tokin::)
Dimpled mylar all around would help fill the cfl gap.
NIce clean under canopy shots, too, great trim job, my friend. I'm still working on clones for this set so I'll be cleaned up soon.

Nice update.

A bowl of early tester Auto Haze, dried overnight, is going well with Smoke Stack.:hookah:

Sisco, your world is looking good~~
Thanks allot T, I feel pretty good about what I'm seeing so far. A good grower hooked me up with some stuff to throw in during flowering. I got passed down some, Carbo max and some Shooting powder for the last 3 weeks of flower. I can't see how it could fudge it up since it's for the last few weeks that get flushed and his grow was looking really good too. Thanks for dropping in, :byebye:
The ladies are looking very nice in their new digs, sisco.:cheer: I still get a little rush when I see those clumps forming, heheh. thanks for that:tokin::)
Dimpled mylar all around would help fill the cfl gap.
NIce clean under canopy shots, too, great trim job, my friend. I'm still working on clones for this set so I'll be cleaned up soon.

Nice update.

A bowl of early tester Auto Haze, dried overnight, is going well with Smoke Stack.:hookah:

Thanks Mmmmick! My face is parked at that door from the time it clicks on...:smokin:

It's been a long time since I've seen this much action in my room. :slide: I'm going to stick some more of those emergency blankets on for now. I'll get mylar some day...

I cut some clones off of the Rock lock, just a few days before finding out it's sex. I put it in the mix in the cup o' water.

I'll catch him and maybe take and pollinate some lower growth in the future.

I've never smoked a Haze, not that I know of.. Grow on and take care my friend.:smokin:

Thanks Mmmmick! My face is parked at that door from the time it clicks on...:smokin:
sometimes I cheat and open it a few minutes early:)
It's been a long time since I've seen this much action in my room. :slide: I'm going to stick some more of those emergency blankets on for now. I'll get mylar some day...
space blankets work great. Just watch for hot spots with hid's. Sears had 'em for 2 bucks last year.
I cut some clones off of the Rock lock, just a few days before finding out it's sex. I put it in the mix in the cup o' water.
I'll catch him and maybe take and pollinate some lower growth in the future.
Rocklock pollen would be good!!!:goodluck:

I've never smoked a Haze, not that I know of.. Grow on and take care my friend.:smokin:
Got my first seed from the tester bud, which wasn't one I pollinated, lol. It's either Afghani Hindu Kush/Haze or Mango/Haze.

The tester is a nice smoke, very smooth, spicy hash with a little lemon
:)

Thanks for the music Sisco! I'd never heard of them but I like them.
My pleasure Blue :tokin:

I do the same thing with going in early :smokin:

Hot spots are a mystery to me still, I'll do some reading about it. Is it the material that will cause it or is it the creases?????

It's too bad I didn't get to taste the RL without having to cross it. Now I'll have to get me a few beans later.

AHK/Haze or Mango/Haze? It'll be lots of fun for you to find out what your mystery seed will be, but both sound good.

The tester is a nice smoke, very smooth, spicy hash with a little lemon
Now that sound Yummy, Congrats!:slide:

Looking Good Sisco! :grinjoint: Love Lemon Skunk.:yummy:
Hey you OLD Medicine Man, Thanks much my friend. Can't wait to have a few nuggs dried and cured. You still have some of yours? Is it stinky? How is the high? :tokin:
Good job man look great. Can wait for further picture.
Me too! Thanks for your support my friend. Now get back to work before your boss has her dog attack you! :)

Back
Top Bottom