Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

In my experience, you're safe with just one day. But be very sure it's back to the old cycle now. :cheesygrinsmiley: They can't take much more.

Doc Bud or anyone who knows,
Someone clicked some of the buttons on my light timer and instead of 12 hours dark it only got 8 hours uninterrupted dark after they got like 30 on 30 of until I noticed it when I got home at about 6 p.m. i then shut off the lights i noticed coming back on. My dark cycle is during the day from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

:yikes: So what happened was the light kicked off from 7 a.m. till around 2:30-3 p.m. but intermittently til 6 p.m. then I set it back to their original settings of off/dark at 7 a.m. an on at 7 p.m.

Would one day of this light intrusion have a noticeable affect on the size, potency or anything else.:bitingnails:
:thanks:

I would have given them 24 hours of darkness....you'll probably be OK with just one day, but it's risky.

I would have given them 24 hours of darkness....you'll probably be OK with just one day, but it's risky.

There in the dark Now they have been since 7 a.m. should I go ahead and leave them in the dark Until tomorrow night at 7 p.m.? They did stay on through the night from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. though..

You wanna make sure flowering hormones aren't interrupted. I think I'd go one more cycle dark.

yes FF, What Doc. says there. You want to let the plant restore the proper levels of certain hormones needed for bloom that are only generated with at least a 12 hr. lites off cycle. Cheers brotha......how'd the buttons get pushed on your timer ?

Some crispy leaves due to blood meal, while nearby another plant is absolutely ecstatic with the blood meal.

IMG_8888.jpg
IMG_8887.jpg
IMG_8886.jpg
IMG_8885.jpg
IMG_88841.jpg
IMG_8883.jpg
IMG_88821.jpg

Colombian in High Brix soil is something to behold.

IMG_88811.jpg

Root balls a week too long in veg.

IMG_8890.jpg
IMG_88891.jpg

Hey Doc,

Do you run 12/12 all the way thru? I've read that some have done a 48hr dark period prior to chop. Whats your take on this?

Hey BD...Doc. if i may ...BD, if you,ve ever watched those time lapse videos of plants going thru their light/dark cycle , you can see how the plant perks up within a few min's. of lights "on" and then relaxes it's posture as lights are turned "off". this is cuz the plant draws up moisture and nutrients from the soil as lights come on....this is why it's best to harvest after the lights have been "off" for a while or as Doc. does, just after they come on, this way all that stuff isn't in the plant yet . That thing about 48 hrs. darkness , i have tried many times and just can't prove to myself it makes a difference. anyhow cheers BD. and Happy New Year!

yes FF, What Doc. says there. You want to let the plant restore the proper levels of certain hormones needed for bloom that are only generated with at least a 12 hr. lites off cycle. Cheers brotha......how'd the buttons get pushed on your timer ?

My door to the grow room was left unlocked :oops:and my 4 year old got in and played with the timer while I was at work and my wife was in the shower. :rolleyes3I will fasten it to the upper part of the wall now. As well as make sure the door is locked!

My door to the grow room was left unlocked :oops:and my 4 year old got in and played with the timer while I was at work and my wife was in the shower. :rolleyes3I will fasten it to the upper part of the wall now. As well as make sure the door is locked!

Mornin FF....wow bud, that coulda bin alot worse then...close call! Glad it was only a few timer buttons. Cheers FF!:high-five:

I just wanted to stop in and share this with everyone here. I did not come up with the idea to use Excel to break down exact amounts for feedings and so forth, but while going through it I noticed an inconsistency and fixed it up. This can make it simple to measure out amounts for those not using traditional sized containers. The formulas are displayed next to the number they give as a result. Simply add a = sign to the equation and it will calculate it for you.

brix.png

Back
Top Bottom