Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey Doc,

I got a question for you and I apologize if it has already been answered. I did some reading and didnt find anything on it (you got a lot of reading material to sort through though :thumb: ).

Would 2 31 galvanized steel trash cans work for storage?? I feel silly asking this question since its a trash can for gods sake, but I wanted to make sure that the steel and soil wouldnt do some freaky science things. Am I showing my newbie card yet?? I think so.. :helpsmilieI:

It's a great question brother! Galvanized cans have lots of zinc....it's possible some could get into the soil, but I do not think it would be a problem. I don't think.....

Try cooking a batch, rinse the can out afterwards and see if there has been any etching or oxidation of the galvanized coating. I've never done this before, but like I said, I don't think you'll have a problem. Definitely no zinc deficiencies.....but we've never had those anyways.

Doc, well, after a couple of first-grow false-starts, I think I'm getting the hang of the High Brix method!! I've attached some pics of two girls: 1) a Jillybean, about 28 days from seed, and a GSC clone I picked up and transplanted into 1 gal pot. Both are going gangbusters! Both have been topped once and I'm LST'ing the GSC. Thank you for your patience, understanding and your willingness to repeat the same thing over and over! LOL! Anyway, just thought I'd share these. Who says an old dog can't learn new tricks? You are appreciated for all you do for the cause!
IMG_005932.jpg

View image in gallery

Doc, well, after a couple of first-grow false-starts, I think I'm getting the hang of the High Brix method!! I've attached some pics of two girls: 1) a Jillybean, about 28 days from seed, and a GSC clone I picked up and transplanted into 1 gal pot. Both are going gangbusters! Both have been topped once and I'm LST'ing the GSC. Thank you for your patience, understanding and your willingness to repeat the same thing over and over! LOL! Anyway, just thought I'd share these. Who says an old dog can't learn new tricks? You are appreciated for all you do for the cause!

Looking Massive, give them a month and Large Health, consider using air trimming pots, when the roots hit the side of the pot they will get snipped/trimmed off and not result in a spiral rope like basket of roots that choke themselves.
Have a good 1, Bulldog

Doc,

Thanks for being so responsive on my emails for the HB kit. I have literally spent the last 3 days researching the High Brix Method and while I would love to do everything my self, I feel the Kit is best for me. It will allow me to get the mechanics of the process down while still learning the "how's" behind the method.

The kit is the best way to start. Invest 85 bucks. Grow the best pakalolo you've ever had.....then talk to me about going bulk on everything and saving money.

The kit is an introduction. If you don't like it.....you're out 85 bucks. Big deal! But most folks who try it keep doing it.

Kit first....bulk stuff next.

Well there ya go! I'd say they look pretty damn good.

You plan on going to 7 gallons or larger for bloom, right?

The large one is nearly ready. Very, very nice work. I know you'll be rewarded far more than you expect when harvest comes. Stick to the kit....no random advice from your Uncle's sister-in-law's friend who grows.....stick to the kit!

Doc, can one order other soil amendments from you too, I.e. soft rock phosphate, rock dusts, etc?

Right now, as of this moment I am supplying kits, bulk items for everything in the kit and a handful of other products via consulting. I'm not a fertilizer brokerage, but I can definitely help you get all that stuff if you can't source it locally. You might ask a nursery to order it for you.

In the near future I will handle soil tests and broadcasts for larger grows, along with larger quantities of products. I'm barely keeping up right now and need to wait a couple months before making the next step. It's a lot of fun for sure, but I'm not giving my garden quite as much time as I'd like.

My focus will be 100% High Brix/Nutrient Dense, emphasis quality and health of produce.

Mornin Doc! Harvested my MK Ultra and my final weights are ........fantastic! Three plants just about 30" tall came in at 11.2 oz's. I'l lose about 1/2 oz. in the curing process but still comes in at 2 oz's over my goal of 9z's. I'm stoked.Iv'e tried two of the three pheno's and it's very potent indeed.The taste i'm hoping will improve over the next few weeks! One pheno tastes like i expected (like heaven) the other two are just ok right now. The resin is just jumping of the buds Doc, hats off my friend....this was a very successfull grow thanks to you and your work over the last few yrs. These next two MK's are moving right along in their 1 gal. pots and will be potted up to the 7 gal. rootbuilders in the next couple of weeks sometime!Wow...what a learning experience using your kit! Cheers eh!

Mornin Doc! Harvested my MK Ultra and my final weights are ........fantastic! Three plants just about 30" tall came in at 11.2 oz's. I'l lose about 1/2 oz. in the curing process but still comes in at 2 oz's over my goal of 9z's. I'm stoked.Iv'e tried two of the three pheno's and it's very potent indeed.The taste i'm hoping will improve over the next few weeks! One pheno tastes like i expected (like heaven) the other two are just ok right now. The resin is just jumping of the buds Doc, hats off my friend....this was a very successfull grow thanks to you and your work over the last few yrs. These next two MK's are moving right along in their 1 gal. pots and will be potted up to the 7 gal. rootbuilders in the next couple of weeks sometime!Wow...what a learning experience using your kit! Cheers eh!

Great to hear bro! I'm so happy you had a better than expected harvest and that you like the product!

FWIW, speaking of taste improving over time, I found a small jar with some Lemon Paki about 8 months old in it last night. Tried it....oh my....it gets MUCH better with age, and it was damn good to start with!

To all the brix gang: take a few of your best buds and jar them up for 6 months....time it for a special occasion. It cures far better than expected. Tasted like weed flavored cake. Incredible.

You're spot on, Doc.

Nothing like putting away some of my harvests in mason jars inside a small 'fridge, and then coming back to it in 4-8 months and having almost a completely different experience. The tastes are even smoother with more subtleties, and the high is more powerful and longer lasting. Only growers (and their close friends or family) get to enjoy this heady experience! :thumb:

You're spot on, Doc.

Nothing like putting away some of my harvests in mason jars inside a small 'fridge, and then coming back to it in 4-8 months and having almost a completely different experience. The tastes are even smoother with more subtleties, and the high is more powerful and longer lasting. Only growers (and their close friends or family) get to enjoy this heady experience! :thumb:

Exactly!

Again, using the wine analogy:

You can visit a winery, taste the latest offering and buy a bottle. Or, you can spend a great deal more and get a bottle of "Reserve".....or you can go to the library and get a very old, very special bottle of something great......

And then you can get to know the winemaker and if you're lucky get to taste something special, not for sale.

I'm going to strive to always have something special on hand for the one or two times a year you really need it. The usual crap I grow will have to suffice for the not-so-special times.

Yeah...you're really slumming it with your "crap"!

It's probably a lot better than my 8 month cured "non-brix" grows.

Looking forward to joining you down the yellow brix road this Fall.

Doc,

Does the kit need any adjustment for auto fems? Do autos have different nute needs because the get to the flowering stage faster? Will the foliar and tea schedule be different?

I am running some autos in DOCS kit, check it out in my sig, but yes i am treating them diff from my photo plants.... lighter feeding doses because autos are typically more sensitive with nutes. Foliars are exactly the same and cat drench was lower than the kit instructions with phanominal results thus far. THEY LOVE THE KIT SOIL!!

To all the brix gang: take a few of your best buds and jar them up for 6 months....time it for a special occasion. It cures far better than expected. Tasted like weed flavored cake. Incredible.

oooo its hard to do but im gonna have to do it at harvest time!! ill see you around 7 months from now for a smoke report on some sweet cake high brix buds!:high-five:

Well there ya go! I'd say they look pretty damn good.

You plan on going to 7 gallons or larger for bloom, right?

The large one is nearly ready. Very, very nice work. I know you'll be rewarded far more than you expect when harvest comes. Stick to the kit....no random advice from your Uncle's sister-in-law's friend who grows.....stick to the kit!

Right.... no advice from the Uncle's sister-in-law's friend...... LOL! Yup, going to 7 gal. Question for you: Round or Square? White or Black? Plastic, mesh or clay?

The GSC is showing female pre flowers aplenty. Still waiting on the JB. I posted earlier that I'll be gone for 10 days late June, so the plan is to transplant and flip them May 11. I'll be here through week 7 for all the drenches and will be back in their 9th week. This means I'll need to stretch the veg time a bit to get them to May 11. Any advice on further topping, etc. given the extra veg time? ANY advice you wish to give will be appreciated! Example: go straight to 12/12 or work down from 18/6, i.e. 16/8, 14/10 12/12. Thanks.

Right.... no advice from the Uncle's sister-in-law's friend...... LOL! Yup, going to 7 gal. Question for you: Round or Square? White or Black? Plastic, mesh or clay?

The GSC is showing female pre flowers aplenty. Still waiting on the JB. I posted earlier that I'll be gone for 10 days late June, so the plan is to transplant and flip them May 11. I'll be here through week 7 for all the drenches and will be back in their 9th week. This means I'll need to stretch the veg time a bit to get them to May 11. Any advice on further topping, etc. given the extra veg time? ANY advice you wish to give will be appreciated! Example: go straight to 12/12 or work down from 18/6, i.e. 16/8, 14/10 12/12. Thanks.

I go straight into 12/12. It might not be the best way, but it's pretty easy and it works OK.

Before bloom, They'll have been topped and the lower branches cleaned up leaving only the top 3-5 nodes intact, depending on the strain.

Back
Top Bottom