Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Can anyone identify "rust" spots why there on my leaves?
420-magazine-mobile1497241166.jpg
420-magazine-mobile473257337.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1194665958.jpg
please

Ohioboy can't stop!! Ohioboy With Fast Buds - Let's See How Fast Exactly

Hi Doc. Got my first run of soil with kit cooked for my next batch of plants, almost ready to go into their big pots. Best looking start to a grow so far.

As I've been reading about high brix growing I've been wondering about rabbit manure as brix soil amendment. I have a lot of it that I've been spreading in my yard, and thinking it might be good amendment for indoor soil also, either straight or vermicomposted. My rabbits get mostly timothy hay, so should be close to published NPK levels of 2.4 1.4 0.6, except it also has absorbed urine in it.

Except for low calcium (rabbit's can't tolerate high calcium vegetables) it seems very brix-like to me. Plus it adds texture and won't burn plants (at least not other plants I've used it on, don't know about cannabis.)

Questions are: How good is it as brix amendment in general? and would it be appropriate to add to kit soil, possibly when I recycle soil for 2nd run? I'm really not trying to mess with the kit as much as trying to understand how highbrix soil works. So many moving parts for something that looks like it's just lying there.

Very interesting. So it would be much like EWC ... good humus, only 0.6 K ... but with added ammonia-based nitrogen ... I wonder how that would affect CEC ... :hmmmm:

Hi Doc. Got my first run of soil with kit cooked for my next batch of plants, almost ready to go into their big pots. Best looking start to a grow so far.

As I've been reading about high brix growing I've been wondering about rabbit manure as brix soil amendment. I have a lot of it that I've been spreading in my yard, and thinking it might be good amendment for indoor soil also, either straight or vermicomposted. My rabbits get mostly timothy hay, so should be close to published NPK levels of 2.4 1.4 0.6, except it also has absorbed urine in it.

Except for low calcium (rabbit's can't tolerate high calcium vegetables) it seems very brix-like to me. Plus it adds texture and won't burn plants (at least not other plants I've used it on, don't know about cannabis.)

Questions are: How good is it as brix amendment in general? and would it be appropriate to add to kit soil, possibly when I recycle soil for 2nd run? I'm really not trying to mess with the kit as much as trying to understand how highbrix soil works. So many moving parts for something that looks like it's just lying there.

I think it's a great idea to experiment with it and see what it does. The only thing I might add is to use the kit as is a time or two to learn how it works and what everything does.

Then, when you add the manure, you can see the differences. Manure's are generally higher in salts AND they favor reproductive growth. Could be a good thing for the salt loving strains.

Back
Top Bottom