Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Thanks Doc, I sprayed with de-stress today... should I alternate between brix and destress?
My original post about the mites I had mentioned the super soil (but I understand thats not what this thread is for so I understand the confusion) and thought it odd you were recommending the foliars. Then in my follow up post I ask, even in super soil?, but didn't get any reply. Its all good, like I said its understandable. I am just lucky you guys still answer my question.
I'll see if I can get the Azamax or Azatrol locally, if not I'm not sure my ladies can take this another few days till it comes in the mail. Saw only a few mites the other day, now there are even more even though I sprayed very thoroughly blasting them off. The strangest thing is there are still no webs that I can see. IDK man... its looking like I may have lost them, huge bummer for me. I dont have any room to play around with, if I gotta start over I'll be without smoke for quite a while. Thanks for your help Doc!

Keep sprayin....you'll slow them down.

Dyansty's Pineapple Fields done in the kit

IMG_085446.JPG
IMG_085549.JPG

The Miss Quin

IMG_085845.JPG
IMG_085953.JPG
IMG_086048.JPG

Some of the healthiest I have done so far!

Beautiful GreenYeti!

Be sure to give us a smoke report!!

I'll do my best. I am terrible at discerning smells and flavors. It also takes a hit or two for me to hit where I need to be. My wife consumes more than I do by far but it is hard to get decent descriptions from her as well. Its usually "that was great!" or "that put me to sleep!" :laughtwo:

I'll do my best. I am terrible at discerning smells and flavors. It also takes a hit or two for me to hit where I need to be. My wife consumes more than I do by far but it is hard to get decent descriptions from her as well. Its usually "that was great!" or "that put me to sleep!" :laughtwo:

Plant looks great dude. As far as identifying particular aromas and flavors, if you can, I'd suggest a good vaporizer (if you don't already use one). I find the flavors and aromas are more pronounced through vaporization and with a little repetition and effort, you can isolate more specific flavors. My wife and I have fun trying to identify them and sometimes when I can't put my finger on a particular one, she'll say something like "anise" and the light goes off.

Every time I give samples now, I always ask for feedback on flavors, aromas, onset of high, how many hits, and how long did it lasted, etc,. Some people who started out saying...I just wanna get high, now give me specifics that are helpful...and fun.

Plant looks great dude. As far as identifying particular aromas and flavors, if you can, I'd suggest a good vaporizer (if you don't already use one). I find the flavors and aromas are more pronounced through vaporization and with a little repetition and effort, you can isolate more specific flavors. My wife and I have fun trying to identify them and sometimes when I can't put my finger on a particular one, she'll say something like "anise" and the light goes off.

Every time I give samples now, I always ask for feedback on flavors, aromas, onset of high, how many hits, and how long did it lasted, etc,. Some people who started out saying...I just wanna get high, now give me specifics that are helpful...and fun.
Thanks for the tips. When I have the spare funds I plan on getting a crafty or a Firefly 2. I do ask others that I let try samples for feedback and so far most are not very helpful :laughtwo:

Thanks for the tips. When I have the spare funds I plan on getting a crafty or a Firefly 2. I do ask others that I let try samples for feedback and so far most are not very helpful :laughtwo:

Crafty FTW!! I have a mighty and it's fantastic. I also have an Arizer EQ that's an outstanding value for a good desktop.

On getting feedback from people, I've had to coach them a little too...so I get it, lol

Crafty FTW!! I have a mighty and it's fantastic. I also have an Arizer EQ that's an outstanding value for a good desktop.

On getting feedback from people, I've had to coach them a little too...so I get it, lol
I only want to invest in one unit at the moment so a portable one makes the most sense. I have really been leaning towards the Crafty. I showed my wife that and the firefly and she was impressed with how small it is but I am still kinda stuck on the crafty. we will see what happens when I get to it.

What do you guys think of this for spider mites? Shop Garden Safe Neem Oil Extract Organic Garden Insect Killer at Lowes.com

Doesn't say it contains Azadirachtin, I can't get anything local that has Azadirachtin. But it is made from neem oil like the Azadirachtin is said to be. Just wanna make sure before I buy and spray. Also, would it be a good or bad idea to continue foliars after I spray with this? Thank you so much for the help!

I only want to invest in one unit at the moment so a portable one makes the most sense. I have really been leaning towards the Crafty. I showed my wife that and the firefly and she was impressed with how small it is but I am still kinda stuck on the crafty. we will see what happens when I get to it.

Crafty is small too. Only about the size of a pack of smokes...and hits hard. I'm sure you've looked at reviews and such, but I'm sold on the S&B tandem for a portable. I've had a Solo, Pax and Mighty and the Mighty is hands-down the best. A close friend has the Crafty and he says same thing. Good luck in your choice. Let us know.

What do you guys think of this for spider mites? Shop Garden Safe Neem Oil Extract Organic Garden Insect Killer at Lowes.com

Doesn't say it contains Azadirachtin, I can't get anything local that has Azadirachtin. But it is made from neem oil like the Azadirachtin is said to be. Just wanna make sure before I buy and spray. Also, would it be a good or bad idea to continue foliars after I spray with this? Thank you so much for the help!

How close are you to harvest? You really dont want to spray oils or soaps after the first few weeks of flower. Really once trics start forming you should avoid them IMO. Resin is sticky and will hold on to whatever it comes into contact with. Do you have pictures of your girls to look at?
Crafty is small too. Only about the size of a pack of smokes...and hits hard. I'm sure you've looked at reviews and such, but I'm sold on the S&B tandem for a portable. I've had a Solo, Pax and Mighty and the Mighty is hands-down the best. A close friend has the Crafty and he says same thing. Good luck in your choice. Let us know.

Ya after all the good things Duggs has said about the Crafty I really feel that will be the choice. It helps that it is cheaper as well :laughtwo:

How close are you to harvest? You really dont want to spray oils or soaps after the first few weeks of flower. Really once trics start forming you should avoid them IMO. Resin is sticky and will hold on to whatever it comes into contact with. Do you have pictures of your girls to look at?

Ya after all the good things Duggs has said about the Crafty I really feel that will be the choice. It helps that it is cheaper as well :laughtwo:

They are about 4 weeks into flower... I knew you shouldn't use that kinda stuff during flower but Doc had recommended azamax or azatrol and I can't find anything like that locally. I may order some and just continue foliars until it arrives. I don't have pics... don't like posting that here cause I'm on my last super soil grow. Goin DBHBB very soon! Lots of leaf damage but no webs as of yet. If you like I could still try and get some pics later when I get home. Thanks for the reply Yeti! Sorry I keep hijacking this thread Doc, just so worried.

Really Duggs? :hmmmm::hmmmm: I could have sworn it was you. Either way someone on this here forum spoke highly of them and it has stuck with me.

Dajerm I would say if Doc recommends doing it that it is sound advice I just tried to avoid any sprays after bud set really up until I got the kit and started using foliars. Like Doc has said though if you spray every few days you should bug them enough that they do minimal damage. Doing so helps disrupt their life cycle and in theory will kill them off within a couple of weeks.

i have the Crafty..it works great..it does have a small bowl, tho. :thumb:

Really Duggs? :hmmmm::hmmmm: I could have sworn it was you. Either way someone on this here forum spoke highly of them and it has stuck with me.

Dajerm I would say if Doc recommends doing it that it is sound advice I just tried to avoid any sprays after bud set really up until I got the kit and started using foliars. Like Doc has said though if you spray every few days you should bug them enough that they do minimal damage. Doing so helps disrupt their life cycle and in theory will kill them off within a couple of weeks.

Hey there Yeti, oh yes... I trust Docs advice! It's just that he had recommended maybe getting some azatrol or azamax which I can't get here so I was just curious about that product I posted about. Sorry, I kinda freak out when my ladies take a bad turn. I think I will stick to the foliars as Doc suggests. If he says it'll slow em down then I am sure it will. I may buy some azamax just incase this happens again and they prove difficult to get rid of. Thank you for your reply and your advice!

The spray designed to work with High Brix soil and the kit is Leaf Wash. It has neem, karanja, orange and fish oils. Works great! 22.00 per quart, but you use 1/4 ounce per quart of water.....so it lasts hella long time.

I've controlled mites---really nasty ones----using nothing toxic at all.

If you're late into bloom, blasting the crap out of them with weak DeStress will help. Don't use Brix on super soil.

You'll find the insect pressure is WAY decreased once you're in High Brix soil.

I'm using same spray as you mentioned, I'm also about 4 weeks into flower. I've been spraying hard and heavy 1st couple weeks. Now I'm spraying water only with mister. Straight water should help keep in check, also buy 1500 ladybugs, less than $10 on amazon, that should help keep numbers down. I sprayed my entire property with bayer suspend, all around inside of growroom too. I think I tracked mine in from pets and maybe outside.

Back
Top Bottom