Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

My last run was all white leds, probably one of the best runs I've had.

My humidity right now is 69%, gets up around 70, in flower I keep in low 60's. working good so far.

Evenin Buck, Gray, Doc and gang, ya Buck the problem with 70 % RH, is every now and then , your gonna run into a strain that's gonna give ya problems,..know what i mean? Some can handle it better than others. I like to keep mine around 50% , if i can ...kinda like my 'safe' zone. Our environment is , by far the most challenging aspect of our grows. Eventually , hopefully, we all get our issues sorted out one day... Anyhow , cheers to a great night ,..:passitleft:

I would guess that Brix burn is probably from an environmental factor. In my case, I'd blame it on low humidity. And I was never careful about when I sprayed my Brix, usually around mid-day - wrong time of day. :cheesygrinsmiley: And so I got burn pretty soon. That also let me see the symptoms - small burned spots resembling a calcium def, and crispy leaf edges. For all we know it IS a calcium def, brought on by getting the leaf metabolism all out of whack with concentrated Brix on a leaf.

But I'm sure that RH at 60% keeps a lot of issues from showing up. And it seems logical that Brix in particular, needs high humidity to work properly. So, spray in the morning when it's cool and dewy, and don't let RH fall below 40%, and you won't see Brix burn. :laugh:

:thumb:

Yep! And that holds true for all foliar spraying. A few minutes before the lights go on....or in the early AM when the birds are singing the loudest for outdoors.

Anyone ever stay in Negril in Jamaica? I just booked a holiday in February 2018 at a place called Legends...."Superior Ocean View Room." I didn't get the all-inclusive package cuz I figured I'd walk to town on the beach and eat a variety of food and in smaller quantities.

Anyone ever go there?
Aaayyyyyyyyeeeeewe

Anyone ever stay in Negril in Jamaica? I just booked a holiday in February 2018 at a place called Legends...."Superior Ocean View Room." I didn't get the all-inclusive package cuz I figured I'd walk to town on the beach and eat a variety of food and in smaller quantities.

Anyone ever go there?
Good call in not using the all inclusive thing. I'd imagine the local food is much more interesting than the tourist food they serve you at the resort

Anyone ever go there?

Doc, :high-five:

Ive visited Negril...never to Legends...I'll let you know what I think Feb 16

:rofl:

I have also noticed that with my plants after their first GE. They are very rigid now. It would be impossible to train anything but the newest growth.

I beg to differ my friend, you should see my girl. They are so stiff but still doing what I want them to do. You just have to work the area you want to bend. Mush it but don't snap it ..takes some time and you don't want to do it to much that the branch falls over OK?! Now go have fun ..

I beg to differ my friend, you should see my girl. They are so stiff but still doing what I want them to do. You just have to work the area you want to bend. Mush it but don't snap it ..takes some time and you don't want to do it to much that the branch falls over OK?! Now go have fun ..

Is that plant in your new journal. I'm subbed in but haven't made it over there yet to start reading?

Anyone ever go there?

I think you did good not going all inclusive. There are smaller food spots littered all along the 7 mile beach highway area. They are generally mom and pop type ordeals. If you want more upscale dining you will want to go around the cliffs area.

Back
Top Bottom