Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

NO! 1/4 0z per quart.

Oh thanks, last night I sprayed .5 oz with quart. I'm writing that down.

I had to look to find the 3 leafs, I thought they were doing good. This pic now, 30 mins after lights came on
420-magazine-mobile1186204959.jpg

This sour strawberry from bog, has the strongest stems I've ever grown, she's rifid
420-magazine-mobile983739739.jpg
. Sorry for bad pic, just the tops. I was too lazy to pull table out

Oh thanks, last night I sprayed .5 oz with quart. I'm writing that down.

I had to look to find the 3 leafs, I thought they were doing good. This pic now, 30 mins after lights came on
420-magazine-mobile1186204959.jpg

This sour strawberry from bog, has the strongest stems I've ever grown, she's rifid
420-magazine-mobile983739739.jpg
. Sorry for bad pic, just the tops. I was too lazy to pull table out

Hey, Buck, love that sour strawberry plant...my Darkstar grows just like that...."Ride Rigid"

Saw Peter Fonda in the "Easy Rider" movie and loved the bikes in it. Went to the Love Ride in CA on my Harley and he was there....he was talking from the stage and the last thing he said to us was "Ride Rigid" Thanks for triggering that memory, I just laughed....

Quick verification on my understanding of the process

I Don’t need to use the De-Stress since I see no issues.
Everything is looking great.

When I foliar with BRIX I try to spray under the leafs, not on top, Yes ?

And last, Just sayin the GROWTH ENERGY product is very much appropriately named :thanks:

I'd say that it's more important to get the undersides sprayed, than it is to avoid the tops. The stoma we want are on the undersides, so ...

I get my spray everywhere anyway - can't really avoid it - don't bother trying. A light mist covering the undersides of the leaves is what we're after.

I'd say that it's more important to get the undersides sprayed, than it is to avoid the tops. The stoma we want are on the undersides, so ...

I get my spray everywhere anyway - can't really avoid it - don't bother trying. A light mist covering the undersides of the leaves is what we're after.

Thanks, yes that has been my process but was thinking about the BRIX burn.
Can't have a damaged leaf in my Brix garden :yummy:

Also wanted to make sure I was not missing something, again :)

Thanks, yes that has been my process but was thinking about the BRIX burn.
Can't have a damaged leaf in my Brix garden :yummy:

Also wanted to make sure I was not missing something, again :)

All you guys talking about "Brix Burn." I've yet to see such a thing.

Is everyone mixing it up properly? 1 oz per quart? Are ya'll pouring it on the plants instead of misting it? I find it strange that we have a name for it: Brix Burn.....and I've never seen it before!

Perhaps mixing up super small quantities is the problem?

Is everyone mixing it up properly? 1 oz per quart? Are ya'll pouring it on the plants instead of misting it? I find it strange that we have a name for it: Brix Burn.....and I've never seen it before!

I mix 90ml of water to 3 ml of foliar and have yet to see anything like a nut burn, in fact whenever I forget to spray, I can tell as they slow down and seem droopier.

I personally have not experienced it and only assumed it was due to overspray of Brix on top of leaf ?
Only my first grow in the kit so not sure what to expect and doing my best to avoid the pit falls.

I mix at .9 ml to 1 oz RO , Can't remember were I came up with the ratio so hope its correct but again
I try to keep it under the leafs and have not seen any burn.

Sorry to use the phrase "BRIX BURN" been reading about it and thought it was a thing :oops:

EDIT: Maybe Foliar Burn is better suited

I would guess that Brix burn is probably from an environmental factor. In my case, I'd blame it on low humidity. And I was never careful about when I sprayed my Brix, usually around mid-day - wrong time of day. :cheesygrinsmiley: And so I got burn pretty soon. That also let me see the symptoms - small burned spots resembling a calcium def, and crispy leaf edges. For all we know it IS a calcium def, brought on by getting the leaf metabolism all out of whack with concentrated Brix on a leaf.

But I'm sure that RH at 60% keeps a lot of issues from showing up. And it seems logical that Brix in particular, needs high humidity to work properly. So, spray in the morning when it's cool and dewy, and don't let RH fall below 40%, and you won't see Brix burn. :laugh:

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom