DP Auto Duck Inside & Out With BOG Bogglegum Inside Under Cob

DP AutoDuck - Day 45
BOG Bogglegum (photo/unsexed) - Day 45

Last month was though travel wise....anyway, been back in town for about a week. Rather than bore with personal details....here is whats going on.

After day 3, on or around day 5, I had to go out of the country for two weeks due to work, wife watered them and got them wayyyy too wet under dome. After I got back plants were big enough to get out of the dome and dry out. Out of town again for a week+, but got them on a schedule.

Their big seedlings right now, just put the autoduck in a 3 gall fabric pot.

Still need to get the tent up, plan on that sometime next week as I leave town again tonight till Monday...ugh.

Anyway, they are healthy, just behind being under cfl veg light. I figure this is worst for the auto, and going forward the yield will be hurt.

photos on mon or tues

DP AutoDuck - Day 49
BOG Bogglegum (photo/unsexed) - Day 49

Well, here is where they are now....still under 120w true watts of cfl. Before we go down the road of if the autoduck has enough life in it, who knows, but we will find out.

I wanted to try an untented veg period under cfl, for a long period of time because I have not done that, don't have the space for a second tent and would like to have something to support clones or young photo stuff, without it getting too big too fast. 2 CFLs seems to work perfectly. Temps have been between 69-80 in the closet, more than tolerable for veg, smell for these little plants is minimal at most, and a small 13w clip fan keeps enough air moving so crap does not grow.

The Autoduck is in the 3 g soft side in the rear of the photo, it's in supersoil and we will see what it does at 2" tall and 50 days old in the tent under real lights. This plant is staying inside for the time....to see what it does and will go out if it can not look like weed and I need room.

Tent is going up this week...real lights yay. All these plants are going under the cobs for a couple weeks, no fem or nothing this time, just going to veg for 2-3 and let them get used to nutes and real soil.

Plan to try one or two clones from each plant once they get some weight on before the flip. Will also be cracking more seeds during this period, plan on keeping things as perpetual as possible.

everyone is healthy, but 30 days behind.

And going forward I have an easy solution for long term veg!!!!!!! <----very stoked about this...

full

When you get back from being gone for two weeks, anything still alive is a bonus!

I cant tell u how crappy these plants looked....couple times i almost tossed em and gave up....once they dried and got out from the dome it took about another week to dry them out. lotta stress....we will see

Get some tin foil hats for those CFLs and double the amount of light on the plants for the same money!
Yep, seen decent grows from hooded large chicken pen type cfls...I am looking for something slow, just so I can just always have something flowering in the tent.

Also, want a female line of this Bog seed so I can just keep a clone ready without it getting 4'

Tomorrow is tent day, I have started the frame...still waiting on hvac guy to bring a part, but its for other side of the house. Fan vent are still up in my crawlspace. I will be running open for a few days during the transition. Also going to put the other three in 3 gallon square soft pots with supersoil I have had cooking since early fall.

DP AutoDuck - Day 52
BOG Bogglegum (photo/unsexed) - Day 52
Afghani Bag Seed - soaking

still jacking with the tent, the three bogglegum look chloric whereas the duck looks better, is dark and growing. Spent part of the day getting the bogglegums in 3gal soft pots. Their still overdamp and not breathing in those plastic wonders....some drier soil will help. The bogglegums may be a lost cause but I will see if I can get some weight on them in a week or so....if their still dwarfish...I will 86. It took a week for the duck to normalize after getting real soil, so we will see what happens with the bogglegums.

I need to mix another batch of soil, might do that after the tent stuff is done tomorrow.

All four plants spent the day outside while I played idiot in the closet. I initially bought an 8' tent and am thinking of maybe putting one set of those kitchen racks for smaller plants on the underside (I have a second light). It's in 6' mode while I play with stuff without fabric currently. Cobs are getting strung at the moment, and should be operational assuming the next 10 hours goes as expected.

During unpacking I found a ziplock with a sole bag seed from 2 oz of afghani I smoked while in colorado last year. This was not a crossed afghani, it was oldschool stuff. I know it's a crapshoot....

I plan on soaking another auto next week.

You may have to clone and silver that afghani!

Yeah, clone, possibly, silver I have read about and have onhand....I also have a bag of 50 unsexed afghani seeds and their supposedly non crossed.

Have you ever silvered or know of a tutorial?

Yeah, clone, possibly, silver I have read about and have onhand....I also have a bag of 50 unsexed afghani seeds and their supposedly non crossed.
Have you ever silvered or know of a tutorial?
I haven't but I'm in threads with a bunch of folks who have. It's not all that hard from what I've read but you do need to be on hand every day for weeks on end...won't work if you're travelling.

DP AutoDuck - Day 53
BOG Bogglegum (photo/unsexed) - Day 53

Well, this morning I got some yardwork done, also got to do the yellowjacket dance after having my rear handed to me by them.

It's officially 100 outside. The Autoduck spent the night outside and is still out there, it's in a good mixed shade area where it gets about 6 hours direct....it will come inside in a few days. It looks happy, it reaching for the sun and putting on new growth.

Tent is up, or should I say ICU, the bogglegum look bad after transplant. But not any worse than yesterday. I have overstressed these plants....if I get a female it will be sheer luck. They look like the crap that sat out at home depot in the veggie part where they have spent too damn long in seed starter and small plastic with mosture swings....we all know those plants, we pass on them. This is an experiment going forward...I have seen some grows salvaged and turn out decent...so lets hope so. I am going to give them a light watering either today or tonight with some Ca/Mg....they have not had and and I think that might be part of the issue.

Tent is up, have a fan running inside, and the cobs are set at 100w/300 and up pretty high. Two weeks and no decent recovery and we will continue with other seeds. I have most of the vents and door open and the temp in the tent under lights in closet is 79 with ac set on 75.

I will crawl up in the attic for the duct work one morning this week.

I am not around enough to do the silver. I will be around more this summer, but I still need to be able to get 3-4 days away if I am called.

I have some pineapple jack that should take the edge off the yellowjacket stings. I hate those MF'ers

DP AutoDuck - Day 57
BOG Bogglegum (photo/unsexed) - Day 57
AK47 Auto - soaking

Ok, good update today. Yesterday I pulled the afghani bag seed and looked at it under microscope with backlight....I don't think it's active at all, but will give it another week or so. I gave it a slight scuff with sandpaper and placed back in water.

I dropped an AK47 Auto seed, don't know the brand, heck it might have been a freebie. Anyway, it's cracked this morning...few more days and it will be in starter.

On Sat we said rip to the smallest Bogglegum. The other two in ICU have their status updated to "stable". Their under the cobs at 120w and color seems to be improving since I transplanted and gave some Ca/Mg. We will give them a few days for their new growth to get a little larger and then maybe get rid of those unsightly lower leaves. I don't plan on training or fim'ing. Just looking for a female to clone!! I may have hermie'd them already who knows.

The Duck looks like a duck to me....I am waiting on Bear to chime in. I may drop another one in a week and let that one go outside to see what happens. It has some nice new growth and is reaching to the light.

Temps are running 73-82 for the week, I don't have a vent hooked up yet as there is no smell, don't need to waste electric and AC yet. I am going to try to up the lights more this grow. I normally would start around 75w, now I am starting around 120w, I have 300 total of which 70 are reds if needed. I am also running cups this time on the cobs for more penetration. I supposedly loose about 6-7% of light bc of this. I look like my avatar after looking into the tent without the reflectors on the cobs.

No action today...depending on dryness I may do some Big Bloom and water tomorrow or Wed. The soil is plenty hot so will wait till I know there ok with it before going into nitrogen.

full

Back
Top Bottom