DP Auto Duck Inside & Out With BOG Bogglegum Inside Under Cob

DP AutoDuck - Day 67
BOG Bogglegum (photo/unsexed) - Day 67
AK47 Auto - Day 7

The AK has been up a week. Today everyone got a little cistern water with some Budda Grow (this is probably an easier intro to N than the fox farm stuff), it's some organic 2-1-1 or thereabouts stuff. I went ahead and fim'ed the Boggles, took a little more off the one in the back. I see tiny buds on the duck....this is going to be silly small flowering this darn thing....it's almost funny. Duck Larf.

Lights are up to 145w, plants seem happy. Tent is still running 74-83 ish, and it's hot as fuck red flag bitch outside.

Photo oriented for viewers with stiff necks. Don't say I don't comply with the ADA man.

full

Gave the AK seedling a little water today, lights are also upped to 150w. I moved some fans around yesterday and I think I have a little better flow over the heatsinks. Next step is getting the filter in the tent and strapped and pull the exhaust duct out of the crawlspace....fan and exhaust duct are still mounted from last go...so should be easier.

Also rotated everyone 90 degrees CW today. I generally do this once or twice a week.

Looking forward, I hope to get the AK into real soil when I have about 3 sets of leaves. The second set is bigger today. Their still the non-full leaves. Maybe in 10 days?

Shed-you had a nice hang of the AK!!!!

I had no fear on that AK so I was playing around with it as it grew. I started with topping and thinning the way I used to do my peach trees (always thinking of the final shape as I went), and then moved on to serious supercropping to make as many tops as I could given my space constraints. It turned out rather well in the end :).

DP AutoDuck - Day 72
BOG Bogglegum (photo/unsexed) - Day 72
AK47 Auto - Day 13

A couple days ago, I felt like my prune on the gums was too high, so I took it back pretty far by fingers. The duckling is showing a little purple....interesting. AK is just chugging along, another week or so and hopefully big enough for soil.

I gave a little cistern water yesterday (maybe 250-300ml each, might feed tomorrow (Grow Big and Ca/Mg-light dose). It's cooler out today, for a whole day...ha. Lights were up'ed to 155w yesterday. Might pause around here for a bit before going to 160.(I am turning the lights back for the photos), the duckling is already showing it's auto pussiness under these lights, the 'gum is good with high nutes and high lights....mo' fun.

Given my space requirements, I think I am going to let the duckling finish, and see how big this AK gets during it's veg, if I sense I am going to run outta room with the three of them on the 17hr party, then we will throw em all into flower at once by going to 12 after I clone (or attempt) the two unknown gums. My luck I will have three in flower in this little tent.

I am bending the fan leaves back on the gums to get light to the new shoots after the crop. In the next few weeks I plan to take clones from these shoots. I have some rooting hormone, some small tiny coco (I think-know their not jiffy) cups, or I could use light warrior as well which is a seed starter. I may try both.

Anyway, when these start flowering, I am dropping a couple more autos and monitoring the clones, gotta keep it going.

How long was your AK in flower for shed?

full

DP AutoDuck - Day 75
BOG Bogglegum (photo/unsexed) - Day 75
AK47 Auto - Day 16

Couple photos today. Fed today.

I mixed up a liter with about .8ml Ca/Mg, 5ml of Big Bloom and about 2ml of my Budda Grow. Don't know the ppm or the pH. The Ca/Mg by General Hydro mixed to directions gives me a pH of about 7.5 with cistern water, but a drop of pH down out of the smallest pipette I have lowers that pH to about 4. So I figure organic nutes will get the water where it needs to be.

The duckling got about 200ml of water with just Big Bloom, the AK47 got about 50ml of the same. 1st time nutes for the ak. Duckling looks like it could use some Ca/Mg, but at it's age, I am not confident that additional chem will just make what little bud it produces harsh. Going to let soil and organic stuff do it's work. The AK might get put in that pot under it this week, it's full of dry, but conditioned hot soil.

Shed, I tilt the duckling at 45 degrees except for feedings and photos since I have room. I might get one big decent cola on it that ends up being like 15 dry or something. We will see.

I finally got the vent hooked up yesterday...made some adjustments to it's position and gained about 5 more inches of tent. Temps dropped somewhat...which is good, think I might be able to keep it just under 80 running during the day and 72 at lights out. The duckling stinks, so this is a good thing. I am running a 6x16" carbon. I also have a 2nd IQair scrubber in the adjacent room and two more carbons on the central AC. Overkill, yes, but I hate smells and have pets.

Hope everyone has a great weekend doing something other than watching the news.

full

full

Dunno about that duck. It's asking for something and if you don't give it I'm not sure the fans are going to be able to produce the sugars the buds need to finish.

I agree, the upper leaves look folded, the middle has some type of potassium looking inner def, the lowers look better, and all of it looks different still because it's a dammed duck.

So, maybe a light does of Grow Big think maybe a liter of water to maybe 2ml of Grow Big + half ml of Ca/Mg?

The soil it's in is pretty darn hot. Plants were dryer yesterday, or they took up what I gave willingly the day before.

Mixed some Ca/Mg w the Budda Grow & Bloom, everyone got it.

I am considering raising the lights some more, but it's going to result in me watering daily. Why not. Vent is keeping daytime temps below 80 so I can push a little more light.

Photos mon or tues.

DP AutoDuck - Day 78
BOG Bogglegum (photo/unsexed) - Day 78
AK47 Auto - Day 19

So as not to confuse, I gave three different nutes:
General Hydro - Ca/Mg
Roots Organic Budda Grow - Linko to Grow
Roots Organic Budda Bloom - Linko to Bloom

Set lights to 160w. The bogglegum are drinking up whatever I give them. Tomorrow water for them. The Duck feels a touch wet. It might be telling me no more nutes.

In low dose I combined the three...photo of plants today. I don't think there short of N at the moment with whats in that soil. Anyway, I can probably give water and occasionally big bloom or Ca/Mg for the next couple weeks to the 4 plants. I think the Duck is just fine with whats in the soil and maybe another addition of a low dose of the bloom nute and ca/mg depending on how it's looking after some water and drying out.

I hope to have some graft-able material on the bogglegums in the next week or so, as well as get the AK into the supersoil. About 10 days after that I am going to switch tent to flower. When we sex the boggles (about 10-15 days into flower from memory of last time I did this), I will drop new seeds according to what I am culling. If there are no males, prob just drop another good photo fem to get one going under CFL for about 7 weeks. If all males, I will drop both photos and autos.

The lower crop on the bogglegums took, and now I have 4 branches coming up from the lower two nodes...this is what I am going to attempt to pull clones from. (need to read up). I think I have some coco plugs presoaked somewhere.

full

It's been hot here, temps are getting hotter outside and tent temps have ran about 73-83. I gave about 600ml of water to all plants yesterday bc they looked dry. I also cut lights to 150w.

I took a decent look at the duck today, not under a loupe or anything, but it looks like the bud size has improved in the past couple days. Maybe the feeding, maybe maturity?

The boggles are hinting to me with their new growth after the prune.

I am thinking the AK will be ready for super soil by this weekend. Good timing as I will have the duck out of the way within the month. I think I am going to pot the ak and fill the top of the supersoil with just mild potting mix, supposedly less shock.

DP AutoDuck - Day 85
BOG Bogglegum (photo/unsexed) - Day 85
AK47 Auto - Day 26

Last Saturday I gave cistern water maybe 200ml plant. Lights are currently at 145. It's been my previous experience with autos-I have a theory that my autos look crappy this late in the game because of two things:

1) Lack of Ca late in the game. I have looked at a ton of diagnosis photos, I think my supersoil ph is too low making this worse. I may add some lime to my supersoil mixture going forward. I need to mix more. I grow all kinds of house/garden plants in this soil and it's only the autos.

2) Too much light for the temps. Autos seem to not be able to take it when my lights get above 145w. This makes sense to me as their breeding is with a plant who resides pretty damn far north.

And then there is my abuse. I just think 85 days is longer than this plant was meant for, the buds are still pretty immature.

AK went into supersoil Friday.

I have two large CFL bulbs (true 120w), but I am thinking or ordering a single cree cob in 5K for clones/veg area. It would take less space than the CFL and put more light on the plants using a lower wattage. Would I get 4K or 5K for veg? I could probably veg plants in 4x4" with as little as 25w under that cob.

Found a bag seed so going to soak that.

Hope to read up on clones, since temps are a little cooler this week I might snip and then get them up under the CFLs.

full

full

Back
Top Bottom