Dr. Seeds' Granddaddy Purple: Coco Grow In Mars Hydro Tent Under TSW-2000

Hi you old man Salt, :rofl: thought I'd swing by seeing your from the pre-plastic era and check what going on. Lot's I see- I love it when plans come together, nice work on the water system. Reminds me I have a faucet that need guts replaced. Looking forward to your GDP adventure :woohoo:

Hi you old man Salt, :rofl: thought I'd swing by seeing your from the pre-plastic era and check what going on. Lot's I see- I love it when plans come together, nice work on the water system. Reminds me I have a faucet that need guts replaced. Looking forward to your GDP adventure :woohoo:

I'll trade jobs with you... :rofl:
Welcome to the grow. You may have missed the start, but it's the finish that counts. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'll trade jobs with you... :rofl:
Welcome to the grow. You may have missed the start, but it's the finish that counts. :cheesygrinsmiley:
:hmmmm: I was able to use the Delorian to travel back through time to August 31, page 1 :thumb:
Thanks for the offer but no thanks:rofl:

Vegging Out, 49 Days after Germination

It's been very busy here since my last update. I'm still working at securing our water situation. The storage tanks are mounted, and connected together. Plumbing in the house has been modified to accept a second pump, and has had filters installed to keep the grit out. I need to gear up the pump, and install new gutters for rainwater collection.

full

Storage Tanks Installed

What about the plants you ask? Well they've been pretty much left to their own devices. All I've done is water them, and start their training. They seem to be doing well, in spite of my negligence.

full

Front View of the Tent

full

Center: Granddaddy Purple #1
_______________________________________________________________​

full

Left: Granddaddy Purple #3

full

Right: Granddaddy Purple #2
The plant on the right will need to be transplanted into a larger container later this week. Training must continue. Work on our water supply must continue while the weather is good enough to work outdoors. It will be a busy week again.

Very nice! Things are starting to look up ... way up ... !

How long are you planning to veg?

It will vary. One plant will be flipped next week for a sex reversal of a branch. Another wlll go for three more weeks, and the last is destined to grow big, so maybe a four to six more weeks for her.

So when I reverse I usually do the whole plant and bag what ever pollen is created. Why do you just reverse just one branch and not the whole plant?

It will let me get S1 seed, as well as crosses with the other plants.

So when I reverse I usually do the whole plant and bag what ever pollen is created. Why do you just reverse just one branch and not the whole plant?
:hmmmm:If you only do one branch you can harvest and smoke the rest of the plant :thumb:

:hmmmm:If you only do one branch you can harvest and smoke the rest of the plant :thumb:

I read a member up here saying it isn’t safe to ingest any part of the treated plant.
As usual, I thought ‘oh that’s interesting’ and didn’t bookmark it. (I’ve just been through them looking).
Room for further research.
Maybe someone else saw the same post?

I read a member up here saying it isn’t safe to ingest any part of the treated plant.
As usual, I thought ‘oh that’s interesting’ and didn’t bookmark it. (I’ve just been through them looking).
Room for further research.
Maybe someone else saw the same post?

I did a fair bit of research, both here and on the rest of the 'net. I don't remember seeing that. Every source I saw stated that untreated branches could be used. I suspect what you say is true, if the rest of the plant is not protected from over spray.

I would look into if silver is a mobile element as it get absorbed through the leaves and interacts internally in the plant to make changes to its normal development. If I were interested in ingesting any portion of the plant.

my opinion only,, indeed,, keep the yellow mellow rule. water does not grow on trees i know you know
That's why I like living 20 miles from Lake Superior. We have all the water we can use. City water and sewage are quite affordable too. I guess I take it for granted. Still, even with all this available water, I really hate wasting it. To me, it just seems like a really foolish thing to do. So I am kind of a water nazi when the wife and son start wasting it.

That's why I like living 20 miles from Lake Superior. We have all the water we can use. City water and sewage are quite affordable too. I guess I take it for granted. Still, even with all this available water, I really hate wasting it. To me, it just seems like a really foolish thing to do. So I am kind of a water nazi when the wife and son start wasting it.

Twenty years in the Navy with strict water restrictions at sea drummed that into me. In my time salt water was evaporated to make fresh water. This was very expensive. Now they use ROs to remove the salt. It's a much more environmentally friendly process. Salt water was used to flush the toilets aboard ship.

We need to be careful when trying to conserve water. Some things are easy, such as switching from top-load to front-load washers. A top load washer can take 150liters or 40 gallons for a large load, while a front load can get by with half that. Others, such as implementing the mellow yellow rule are not so simple. The toilets will need to be cleaned more often, which also takes water. On top of that you use cleansers that get flushed into a septic field. I like minimizing their use to keep from poisoning the ground. A balance needs to be found.

Vegging Out, 49 Days after Germination

It's been very busy here since my last update. We've had several days of rain, and I've had to drive my wife around for medical tests. While my wife was consulting one of her doctors, I decided to wait at Point Pleasant Park for her. I didn't know at the time that the military was holding a commemorative ceremony for the 50th Anniversary of the HMCS Kootenay fire and explosion, and re-dedication of the Sailor's Memorial. The lives lost were not in vain. The lessons learned have saved many lives since then, possibly including mine. I was aboard when another of our destroyers suffered from a similar engine room fire. I did end up paying for my presence. I was unable to work for a couple of days due to back pain.

I'm still working at securing our water situation. I manged to paint the strapping I need for new gutters, Start modifying a shallow well pump for rainwater collection, and build the downspout combiner / rainwater filter. The last was made from ABS as I was unable to find similar parts in PVC. It will need to be painted for protection from ultra violet radiation. I'll also need to come up with some seals for the filter chamber connection.

full

Downspout Combiner and Rainwater Filter

What about the plants you ask? Well they've been pretty much left to their own devices. All I've done is water them, continue training, and transplant one up into a 2 gallon nursery pot. They seem to be doing well, in spite of my negligence.

full

Front View of the Tent

full

Center: Granddaddy Purple #1

full

Left: Granddaddy Purple #3

full

Right: Granddaddy Purple #2
The plant on the right has been transplanted into a larger container. Training must continue. One of the plants may have a branch started on STS for sex reversal later this week. I'll have to see how the plant does, and what my schedule is like towards the end of the week. Work on our water supply must continue while the weather is good enough to work outdoors. It will once again be a busy week.

Back
Top Bottom