Exploring the Microscopic World of Trichome Photography

Hi Carmen. It's nice to see another D7100 user, I actually love this camera so much that I've acquired three of them. 😝
I always shoot RAW photos as well. Much more editing power than a jpeg.

I just dug out another macro helper I bought last year. I used it for extreme close ups of outdoor things.
This just clips onto your camera lens.
I really like this much better than trying to add extension tubes or close up lens kits.

I am going to be putting it into use for some macros of trichomes today.

1706179549437.png
This looks like just the ticket. It goes on the list of things I'd like to get. It looks super! Thank you.

HI Day 73 flower (8).JPG

Headroom Incident grown in 2022. Lots of color. Ended up self pollinating. Tasted of berries.'
Taken with Nikon Coolpix in auto @ highest resolution and zoomed in on edit. About the limit of my closeups with current gear.

I did these with a macro lens, several shots at different focus points, then "stacked" them into one photo.

I used a tripod, and a remote shutter release to reduce camera shake.

The lighting was near a window and a small LED flashlight pointed at the bud.

I will be doing more in the next few days, adding an additional close up ring to the lens.

My Macro lens is a Reinke, and I'm using a Nikon D7100 DSLR.

Great Pictures Lady Cannafan! I belong to an astronomy forum and the peeps that post outstanding astrophotos use the stacking method as well. I do not do astrophotography but getting out on a clear night with the telescope is loads of fun.

Great Pictures Lady Cannafan! I belong to an astronomy forum and the peeps that post outstanding astrophotos use the stacking method as well. I do not do astrophotography but getting out on a clear night with the telescope is loads of fun.
Thank you so much. :)
I have a friend who does astrophotos and he does some amazing things. I tried a few times, but when I had nice dark clear skies and made it out there the freaking mosquitos ate me alive. It takes a ton of patience. I finally gave my telescope to my brother. Hopefully he can enjoy it.

Thank you so much. :)
I have a friend who does astrophotos and he does some amazing things. I tried a few times, but when I had nice dark clear skies and made it out there the freaking mosquitos ate me alive. It takes a ton of patience. I finally gave my telescope to my brother. Hopefully he can enjoy it

I love taking pictures of the moon. I'm a nerd. These are from my phone, which can't shoot a trichome pic to save it's life. But the moon, it does pretty good. S21 30x 60mp

20231126_210343.jpg

20231022_190212.jpg

Screenshot_20231019_201947_Gallery.jpg

20240126_091038.jpg

I
I love taking pictures of the moon. I'm a nerd. These are from my phone, which can't shoot a trichome pic to save it's life. But the moon, it does pretty good. S21 30x 60mp

20231126_210343.jpg

20231022_190212.jpg

Screenshot_20231019_201947_Gallery.jpg
I have dabbled in just holding my cell phone up to the eyepiece as well. Its tough but can be done. Nice pics but those are some funny looking trichomes.

Headroom Incident grown in 2022. Lots of color. Ended up self pollinating. Tasted of berries.'
Taken with Nikon Coolpix in auto @ highest resolution and zoomed in on edit. About the limit of my closeups with current gear.
GW, I know you have more... I have a semi-photographic memory and remember other amazing trichome pics that you took. They were from the end of one of your grows, maybe in 2022. I was super impressed. :)

That is real deal! I shoot pictures of rocks for work on my s23. It literally wants to alter every photo. I personally hate it. It's referred to as scene optimization. I would use my s21 but it had flaws after making a video of 40w laser. FML

That is real deal! I shoot pictures of rocks for work on my s23. It literally wants to alter every photo. I personally hate it. It's referred to as scene optimization. I would use my s21 but it had flaws after making a video of 40w laser. FML
you can't turn that off?! oh geez. I love my Redmi Note 10 Pro... super nice macro lens. ...why I bought it. ;)

Happy Saturday!

I dug up a few more.

MGM (@MicroGrowerMan ) and @Roy Growin gave me a tip for photographing trichomes better. Turn the LED down to25 % and use a fill-in flash with the flash itself muted by something. I use piece of baking paper taped over mine 🍰🧁🥞 Then you get well lit trichomes that tend not to blow out from too much light.

Parmesan 2.jpg
Parmesan1.jpg
Gelato 1.jpg
Blueberry 1.jpg
DSC_5782.jpg

Happy Saturday!

I dug up a few more.

MGM (@MicroGrowerMan ) and @Roy Growin gave me a tip for photographing trichomes better. Turn the LED down to25 % and use a fill-in flash with the flash itself muted by something. I use piece of baking paper taped over mine 🍰🧁🥞 Then you get well lit trichomes that tend not to blow out from too much light.

Parmesan 2.jpg
Parmesan1.jpg
Gelato 1.jpg
Blueberry 1.jpg
DSC_5782.jpg
Amazing pictures

GW, I know you have more... I have a semi-photographic memory and remember other amazing trichome pics that you took. They were from the end of one of your grows, maybe in 2022. I was super impressed. :)
Thanks CBD. :) I was looking through them and I've tons of bud closeup pictures, but none that get as close as those posted to start the thread.:rolleyes: I will post more, but they don't show the individual trichomes the way, the OP started the thread.

VK Day 69 flower (13).JPG

Here's a picture of Vanilla Kush from 2022. Got a nanner in the shot.
Nilon Coolpix zoomed in on edit.

AG Day 80 Flower (7)close up.jpg

Acapulco Gold 2023. Nikon Coolpix. Some of the best tasting smoke ever.

CG Day 83 flower (9)2.JPG

Colombian Gold 2023, Nikon Coolpix. Last grow harvested. Thanks @LKABudMan

FDOG Day 65 Flower (9)close up.jpg

Fuel D.OG 2023. Nikon Coolpix.

HMW Day 63 flower (6)1.JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui 2022, Nikon Coolpix

Panama Day 96 flower (10).JPG

Panama 2022. Nikon Coolpix.

Thanks CBD. :) I was looking through them and I've tons of bud closeup pictures, but none that get as close as those posted to start the thread.:rolleyes: I will post more, but they don't show the individual trichomes the way, the OP started the thread.
crazy resin production on all of them!

I brightened and sharpened this one using Photoshop...

image.jpg

@el gringuito... check out this Colombian Gold! ⬆️

Back
Top Bottom