First Grow! Lets Go!

I've poured 5-10% runoff back in when using Prescription Blend in FFHF/FFOF with no ill effects. I'm not sure why it would hurt, unless the pH was way off or there was a lot of it.

1656759330531.png

He’s a good “example”, mine on the right, what im hoping in a week on the left once the amendments are ready for uptake

The dry amendments are on day 4 so hopefully in the next week of watering (which i did today) they will green up those leaves, and the stems will relax a bit, time will tell.

My watering habits are really coming together, i get little to no run off, and the pots are very heavy. They seem to be drying out every 36hrs. Im guessing they (2plants) share a gallon of water between them

My watering ritual starts with a heavy first dose, at least a half an inch over the soil or more.
I let that sit for at least 10 minutes while i drink coffee and mill about my laboratory :0)
I then go back for another round of a good soaking covering the whole top surface about another half an inch or more, then they sit for 5-10 minutes.
I usually pick em up to see what they weigh (by holding them not a scale) i then do some small applications as this is where if i do too much i get run off which a do not want, there’s nutrients in that run off.
A perfect water leaves the pots heavy and little to no run off. As most growers say, “you’ll get it” it just takes time, oh btw im still learning.
The first watering makes way for the second, and the second makes way for smaller watering after…..

looking good Bro, drop that humidity down, VPD is over rated for the most part. Veg you want a 15 point buffer, Flower 20-25 point buffer.

75F=60RH--veg
75F=55RH--flower

VPD isnt a static variable for most genetics, some like it dryer, some like it moister.

Did you notice they exploded with growth before you started monkeyin with the VPD?

are you using calmag? I tryd rereading but might have missed it.

DO NOT up-pot. There is no need for a 5g container bro, just wasted time, added stress, and wasted soil/nutes.

Get this grow done and under your belt, and take your learned lesson to excel your next grow.

looking good Bro, drop that humidity down, VPD is over rated for the most part. Veg you want a 15 point buffer, Flower 20-25 point buffer.

75F=60RH--veg
75F=55RH--flower

VPD isnt a static variable for most genetics, some like it dryer, some like it moister.

Did you notice they exploded with growth before you started monkeyin with the VPD?

are you using calmag? I tryd rereading but might have missed it.

DO NOT up-pot. There is no need for a 5g container bro, just wasted time, added stress, and wasted soil/nutes.

Get this grow done and under your belt, and take your learned lesson to excel your next grow.
Yup, they stalled ! I thought it was nutes or stress, i’ll increase the fan a notch, that’ll bring it to 62%ish

Livin’ and learn’n
for sure man, for sure. Take notes on your lessons. Each grow should get better and better. Simplicity helps, Consistency is mandatory.

Living soil is for seasoned gardeners, JMO. Get media that is so hands off and easy to make adjustments.

Just know, Im not the type to pat you on your back when your failing, and BS you on your plants if they are not right.

for sure man, for sure. Take notes on your lessons. Each grow should get better and better. Simplicity helps, Consistency is mandatory.

Living soil is for seasoned gardeners, JMO. Get media that is so hands off and easy to make adjustments.

Just know, Im not the type to pat you on your back when your failing, and BS you on your plants if they are not right.
Ok, so this is what i got going on, in order to have some humidity in my tent i have to use a little humidifier. My 4T fan had to be cranked up pretty high to get control over the tent, or simply to lower temps and humidity. I ordered another fan, a 4S to add to the system and installed on the input.

I had a spare 4” fan i used on the input to experiment , and i can drop the temp to 68°/43%RH, so for now i’ll crank up the solo fan until the second one shows up and they can work together and way more efficiently.

This is where i am with one fan set to 8, when both fans are working i’ll be able to drop both their speeds to 3 or 4 and have plenty of headroom (amplifier term) to contol the heat and temp for flower, which requires, as you said much lower humidity
1657026593156.png

Back
Top Bottom