First Grow - White Widow x Big Bud

grino21

Hey guys finally got my act together and decided to do a grow journal. If anyone wants to follow along or give me tips or room for improvement that would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty new still so I'm not sure how to rep or anything either lol!

White widow x big bud (I am growing 5 of these)

Grow tent - 1.2mx1.2mx2m
6" extractor fan and filter
Lights - 250w cfl but changing to dual spectrum 600w hps
Fabric 17litre pots
Canna terra proffesional soil
Temps are usually about 18 -21
Humidity is around 45 - 50
Ph water - I was giving them 6.3 but now 6.6 as I'm in soil
Nuttrients - Sensi grow a+b / sensi bloom a+b

My plants are currently 25 days old from seed, 4 of them are looking good but one off them is trailing well behind. All that I've pretty much done from start to now is put them in jiffys to germinate then I switched them over to plastic cups and because I'm impatient I could t wait I just wanted to get them in there final pots.
Other than that they've been sat in my tent on 18/6 getting water every 2 days or so. Some of the leaves have curled but not sure why that is.

But yeah that's pretty much it if I've missed out please let me know.
I shall post some pics aswell:)

20160229_092217.jpg
20160229_145025.jpg
20160312_094530.jpg
20160312_094507.jpg
20160314_220742.jpg
20160314_220724.jpg
20160314_220650.jpg
20160314_220708.jpg
20160318_204233.jpg
20160318_204305.jpg

That's a pic from last night. I'm hitting 3 or 4 nodes on some so the question is fim or top? I was goin to do it in a few days when they have reached 5 nodes but not doing all 5 just in case I fuck up:p

Yeh as I've got 5 and there all in big pots it's hard to get the light over all of them so I've sort of put it in the middle. It's about 6 inches from the ones closest. I'd move it further down but then the plants on the side won't receive much light. I've been rotating them each light period so both sides receive equal and I've switched the plants about a little from the side to directly under the light.
Because of all this I'm planning on putting my 600w hps light up in place of the 250w cfl. I was thinking of doin that in about 3 days when they are 4 weeks old from seed. Hopefully this way I'll get a good final week or 2 of veg.

Yeh as I've got 5 and there all in big pots it's hard to get the light over all of them so I've sort of put it in the middle. It's about 6 inches from the ones closest. I'd move it further down but then the plants on the side won't receive much light. I've been rotating them each light period so both sides receive equal and I've switched the plants about a little from the side to directly under the light.
Because of all this I'm planning on putting my 600w hps light up in place of the 250w cfl. I was thinking of doin that in about 3 days when they are 4 weeks old from seed. Hopefully this way I'll get a good final week or 2 of veg.

Something I was doing in a Tent grow... and later saw it was being done a lot.
Move the Light like the Sun... This side or that.
Some of the rigs I saw actually moved the light like the Sun throughout the day.
Just a though... if you get that 600 in there... I'd still do it.
Getting light DEEP is important to get bud growth deep.
Otherwise... Nice Canopy

Yeh ghost post I'll do that I'll move it from side to side every couple hours. Lights come back on in 4 hours so I'll post another pic of them later.

Do you think it would be best to get the 600 hps in as soon as possible for bigger veg growth?

I've never used HID, but consensus seems to be that HPS can be used for both flower and veg, but that you'll have a bit more stretching and internodal spacing than if you're running MH. Again I don't have the experience factor here to provide a solid recommendation, but based on seeing some of the more experienced growers here if you can manage the heat I'd say run the HPS. You can keep it further so it will have a bigger footprint, and it gives more intensity so happier girls! Looking good so far whatever you decide, and hopefully someone with more experience can either back me up or give some better advice

Yeh ghost post I'll do that I'll move it from side to side every couple hours. Lights come back on in 4 hours so I'll post another pic of them later.

Do you think it would be best to get the 600 hps in as soon as possible for bigger veg growth?

Just like moving them outside in the SUN...
Too much at first will STRESS them.
When I move my Army of Clones outside ,
I will put them by trees to get filtered sunlight.
after a few days...I'll see about moving to their permanent spot,
a sloped area facing South.

So.... If you can DIM the 600 and slowly max it over Time , Your plants will perform better
Something from Left Field ( I live there )
Have you heard of Rodelization ?
It's a way of getting a Feminized SEEDS just by letting a FEW buds stay on the plant PAST Harvest.
Another alternative besides Clones...( I'm germinating some now for my outdoor attack )

Sweet man I think I'll switch lights in 3 days then when it's been 4 weeks. I haven't fed them at all yet either so in 3 days I plan on giving them there first feed of 1ml/L of sensi grow A and 1ml/L of sensi bloom a.
I was going to get some cal mag but I've looked up on it and alot of people seem to think tap water has enough cal and mag anyways. Not really sure about this but I'll probably get some anyways.

I don't have a light dimmer or anything like that just the light the compacta ballast the reflector hood. I may not have heat problems as my tent is in my loft and it's cold up there without the heating on.

I don't have a light dimmer or anything like that just the light the compacta ballast the reflector hood. I may not have heat problems as my tent is in my loft and it's cold up there without the heating on.

If you can't DIM it.... You CAN "Filter" the Light...A screen...the type for windows...
If one screen doesn't filter enough... use two etc...

Your adding Bloom already ? Your still in Veg.

Water... I'd avoid Tap... Lake , Rain or Snow has tested the Best... Good PH and low PPM

PS Here's some pix - indoors and out

Oct_10_Harvest_Purple_Kiss_and_Atomic_Twinkie_1_.JPG

Feb_6_-_Close_to_Harvest_3_.JPG

Will I need to filter the light? I have lots of height to move my light up and down. And someone on here told me to to use sensi grow a and sensi bloom a for veg and sensi grow b and sensi bloom b for flower?

Will I need to filter the light? I have lots of height to move my light up and down. And someone on here told me to to use sensi grow a and sensi bloom a for veg and sensi grow b and sensi bloom b for flower?

Typically you'll see the "grow (a & b)" used during veg and the "bloom (a & b)" used during flower. The only time I've ever really seen a mix is when you're transitioning from veg to flower lighting schedule but flowers haven't set yet

That's what I originally thought it makes sense to have a and b grow for veg and a and b bloom for flower. I shall do it like this then. Thanks:)

Hi There Brother Grower. I just wanted to give you a heads up in CFL vs. HID vs. LED (full spectrum) NO Competition -
- LED HANDS DOWN NO Contest here. I'm speaking from ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY!!! I've WITNESSED ALL 3 IN PERSON.
The Mars ll 300 watt & up. They're truly NOT that Costly & it Literally Pays For Itself the FIRST GROW. Now I personally have just finished my LAST GROW Using the 200 Natural Watt CFL Light. It came with my-
-Yielder Max Grow Cabinet I purchased from California over 3 yrs ago now. I'm still far from a Master Grower just yet. However I have learned More about Growing here in these Forums than I might have had I literally taken A Horticulture & Botanist Course In University.
I can ONLY DO what's been done for me & that is: Provide Help & Assistance to OTHER Growers as was done for ME.
The Old PAY IT FORWARD motto of which I am in total concurrence with as well. " getting Side Tracked here" My Bad! Sorry I'll be sure to stay on topic here. lol It's my Broken Coast God Kush, Medical Marijuana I have a script. O. K. NOW, You CAN use the 250/300 watt CFL or HID. They are truly Bogus In Comparison to the LED When I've SEEN ALL 3 In Action in 3 Separate local Grows here in my Home Town & the LED 300 watt (full spectrum) Is The NEW & ONLY way to get MAXIMUM HARVEST IN MINIMUM Time. You Truly Have to see it to TRULY BELIEVE (AS I DID) IF you Like Me yet again are on a fixed budget right now you'll just have to wing it AS I DID TOO. If this is said case then you just CONTINUE ON in your intended course of ACTION. As I previously mentioned. I too have been using CFL & even the company I purchased the Cabinet from has told me they to have upgraded their NEW Cabinet the Yielder Max is NOW Being Equipped with the 300 watt LED (full spectrum) Here are a couple pics of my
3rd time ever Growing White Widow Femz from: Crop King Seeds. Just Cutting them Down today for Curing & conveniently Profiling when the BEST TIME To Harvest Truly Is. I have decided to agree with the -
- Majority of Experienced Growers when they Say "When the white pistils are 40% Darkened Red, That's when to Harvest your Plants!" I wish you ALL The Greenest Grows & Heavy Harvests. Sincerely: Donny D. :Namaste: :Namaste: :volcano-smiley:
IMG_3306_1_.JPG
IMG_3268_1_.JPG
IMG_3238_1_.JPG
IMG_3106_1_.JPG
IMG_3029_1_.JPG
IMG_210717.JPG

Back
Top Bottom